Renault Scala Mileage Run: Claiming 54.15 Kmpl

If you would have not posted that certificate, I'd have said that its a fake claim! [;)] Now I'm surprised to the limit!! amazing! and Congratulations!

I suppose they let the car roll down the hill (pune to mumbai) at every oppurtunity to attain such high mileage.. In real world with sedate driving also achieving 20kmpl brings pride to the driver.. 54.15 will make him dance and be happy like crazy...

It is nothing more than publicity stunt. Drive on a slope & make the news. [frustration]
When some one holds a record certificate. Its not on slope else every car manufacturer will get these certificates. Usually they conduct tests on straight roads. Lot of time they may not also burn the entire 1 ltr. They may just fill 20% of 1ltr and then burn all the 20% and calculate if in 20% car traveled x then in 1 ltr it will travel y!

Thread Starter #7
When some one holds a record certificate. Its not on slope else every car manufacturer will get these certificates. Usually they conduct tests on straight roads. Lot of time they may not also burn the entire 1 ltr. They may just fill 20% of 1ltr and then burn all the 20% and calculate if in 20% car traveled x then in 1 ltr it will travel y!
It is clearly mentioned that they used Pune - Mumbai expressway. and the route was from Pune to Mumbai. And if you have traveled through expressway then one should know that it is a downhill.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
It is clearly mentioned that they used Pune - Mumbai expressway. and the route was from Pune to Mumbai. And if you have traveled through expressway then one should know that it is a downhill.
So they Just drove with 1.xx liters of fuel? The certificate says they travel just 62kms on the highway?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
So they Just drove with 1.xx liters of fuel? The certificate says they travel just 62kms on the highway?
This if from the actual article.

The plan was to drive on the Pune-Mumbai expressway for a minimum of 60km as stated by Limca Book of Records and note the economy.
And this is what they achieved

The Renault Scala hence took in 1.15 litres of fuel for 62.28km.
Fuel economy achieved: 54.15 kmpl
Manufacturer economy: 21.64 kmpl
Over-achievement: 250.26%
And the road is total downhill from Pune to Mumbai. So if driven keeping in mind FE figures ( read sedately ), such figures are achievable on that road.

Last edited:
I think almost all cars in such segments can give you such figures on the said road with the same conditions. The issue is we need to consider average of our driving area & ofcourse the style & then compare which car is returning what FE. All these figures for me is nothing but just a distraction for people "Kitna Deti Hey"

Top Bottom