Low Cost Automatic Cars in India?

Thread Starter #1
My wife has recently started driving a car. However she feels my Getz is bit bigger and taller for her and she feels bit uncomfortable while driving geared vehicle. So we decided to look for automatic cars in lower budget. To my surprise the lowest automatic car in the market available is A-star which on road coast around 5.15 laks!!!! (in Pune)
Average height of women in India is pretty low (Ref: Human height - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia search for India). There are growing number of women drivers on road and I think auto industry has no product that can tap this market. A low priced small car with automation transmission.
Is this only me or everyone on this forums thinks the same way? Please share your thoughts and also suggest automatic small cars in lower budget.

This is correct, even used A/T cars in decent shape will cost you about 3 lacs. At this point of time the best car suited for women would be Nano.

Automatic transmissions are expensive to build and hence they cost more. A-star is a pretty basic vehicle and still the A/T costs 5.15 Lacs as mentioned by you.

Great question! Makes you wonder-cars in Indonesia of Indian origin are scampering to get AT, airbags.. as standard while in India these are super luxury[confused]

Rightcar

Suspended
Yes i hope Nano car holds good for women and it is one of the Low Cost Automatic Cars in India. I hope it provides good mileage too.

Top Bottom