Maruti Suzuki's New Sedan: Ciaz (Codenamed YL1)

Thread Starter #1
Maruti Suzuki is geared to launch an all-new sedan in the next fiscal year. This vehicle has been codenamed as YL1 and is expected to compete with the likes of Hyundai Verna, Honda City, Volkswagen Vento and Skoda Rapid, amid others.

This new vehicle is expected to come with spiced-up front fascia, though, some details resemble existing car models of the car maker. As a matter of fact, the front portion really looks sharp with heavy chrome linings used for stylising. The wide front grille looks appealing with chrome surrounds and brand logo embossed at its middle. Elongated headlamps are yet another attraction with the addition of stylish sunken fog lamps to assist driving in unfavourable conditions like in winter. The hood of this upcoming car is long with gradually tapering car bonnet. The front body coloured bumper has been specially designed to get that sharp and sport wear. On lateral sides, visible but neat lines connecting the front to the rear can be really seen as a way to make this vehicle a head turner on roads. The rear portion is arguably distinct with a wide set of tail lamps flaunting a chrome garnish in between and body coloured wide and large bumper.

Maruti Suzuki YL1 is more likely to retain the same ground clearance as found in SX4. However, it is expected to get revamped interiors to make for an excellent ambient surrounding inside the cabin. A lot is supposed to change with interiors in order to enhance visibility and comfort of passengers. As per the available information, this sedan will collect some interior features from the popular Swift with other value additions. The legroom offered in this sedan is supposed to be equivalent to Nissan Sunny

this vehicle may use a smaller 1.4-litre K-Series petrol engine or 1.3-litre Fiat Multijet turbo diesel engine.

Source : Maruti Suzuki YL1 may see its launch in next fiscal | CarTrade.com

Maruti-Suzuki-YL1-may-see-its-launch-in-next-fiscal.jpg

Re: Maruti Suzuki Plans a new sedan,codenamed as YL1

Thanks for sharing. The car definately looks good. I think Maruti desperately need a sedan that will keep their presense in the sedan market. The SX4 was a good car but never managed to challange Honda City and with growing compitation from Verna, Vento, Rapid they need a quick replacment and SX4 is already looking dated. (I omited new Fiesta from the list). Maruti Kazishi created the hype but never succeed.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Re: Maruti Suzuki Plans a new sedan,codenamed as YL1

Maruti Suzuki SUV's and sedans are really making its miss felt. They are doing well with their awaited launch of this sedan and alpha. Lets wait and see how it turns out.
OT:
I liked the sedans look more than the alpha though.:tongue:

Re: Sx4 replacement sedan spotted testing in india

Maruti knows the formula for selling numbers - critical feature will be rear bench space in the class of Sunny/Scala.

Good to see sedan segment heating up for 2014 - Maruti and Honda are most likely to launch in Dec-Feb timeframe. VW and Ford will find it hard to catchup.

Re: Maruti SX4 Replacement Sedan Spotted Testing in India

Sx4 replacement sedan looks awesome,maruti should price it right,at which they are always good at.present sx4 has become market dud now,selling around 400 units a month.After launching sx4 diesel maruti got initial success selling 3k units/month,but after launch of dzire,sx4 sales fell to 1.5 k/month.After ertigas launch sx4s sales never crossed 1k.
People found marutis own cheaper cars have better interiors and features than sx4.
Better maruti launch the new sx4 soon and I just wish it retains the lovely handling of current sx4

350Z

Core Team
Re: Maruti Suzuki Plans a New Sedan Codenamed YL1

There is a strong possibility that Maruti Suzuki will showcase YL1 (SX4 replacement) at the upcoming Auto Expo. The car has been spotted testing again in Gurgaon.

Maruti-YL1-spied-rear.jpg

Maruti-YL1-spied.jpg
Pictures Source: Motorbash.com​

Drive Safe,
350Z

Even I have a strong feeling Maruti Suzuki will be showcasing this sedan in the upcoming Auto-expo. Will be a direct competitor to the upcoming Honda City, though the 1.3DDIS speculated on this sedan won't make it a great match against the likes of Vento/Verna which have 1.6liter engines under the hood. Even the upcoming City will have a 1.5Liter engine with more power tuned as against the one in Amaze. But I am sure Maruti will price it aggressively and will make up for the lost numbers in the engine specifications.

Design wise surely feels a nice improvement over the current generation SX4. Its to be seen as to when does Maruti plan to launch this car in the Indian market.

I read somewhere that Maruti is also launching an Alto sedan. Is that true?

I read somewhere that Maruti is also launching an Alto sedan. Is that true?
I think you are referring to the test mule code named YL7 which will be a replacement for the just discontinued A-star & Estilo but again its not a sedan.

Maruti Ciaz spotted testing

Maruti Ciaz (YL1) has been spotted again testing near the company’s plant in Gurgaon. The Ciaz is based on the Suzuki Authentics concept, first shown at the Shanghai Motor Show in 2013 and at the Auto Expo 2014. The Ciaz is all set to replace the SX4 when it goes on sale later this year.

The Maruti Authentics concept did please many an eye, and given the simpler lines, it is easy to believe the production car might look much similar to the concept. But, we expect the production model to be a lot different. The spy shots are limited to the rear end and the left-rear-three-quarter. Despite the heavy camouflage, the rear silhouette which is much similar to the SX4 can be seen. The tail-lights look smaller in contrast to the rear end dominated by the large bumper and the big boot.

The car might be powered by a 1.6-litre VVT-i petrol engine and the 1.3-litre Fiat sourced MultiJet diesel mill. It is expected to be roomier and well appointed interiors in comparison to the SX4. The car will get a five-speed manual as standard, the SX4 did have an automatic variant, and it would be interesting to see if Maruti continues with the traditional AT or the now trending AMT (Automated Manual Transmission).

The car will compete in the competitive C-segment with the current leader Honda City, and the second best Hyundai Verna along with the other cars.

he pricing of the car will be much closer to the competition and may be marginally lower considering the manufacturing prowess of Maruti. However, the Ciaz won’t have it easy as the SX4 never sold in big numbers until they gave it a diesel motor in 2011. The Ciaz will have to match the competition spec to spec and feature to feature to make a mark in the sales chart. We will keep you updated with the latest news on the Ciaz so watch this space for more.

Maruti Ciaz spotted testing again - CarWale News

Attachments

The car is all set to become a winner.Just give it what it needs-
2 petrol and two Diesel Engines
1.6VVT &1.4VVT for petrol and 1.3VGT &1.6VGT DDiS for diesel.
It has a healthy set of features,space and premium interiors. The only deterrent I feel are engine options.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

The car is all set to become a winner.Just give it what it needs-
2 petrol and two Diesel Engines
1.6VVT &1.4VVT for petrol and 1.3VGT &1.6VGT DDiS for diesel.
It has a healthy set of features,space and premium interiors. The only deterrent I feel are engine options.
Your post is contradictory :| first you say its good to have engine options then you say it doesn't? And how do you know it has a lot of features space?

^^AHC, Please click and read the link given in the first post of the thread, so he might be referring features from that

Top Bottom