SIAM Certified Mileage Figures of Indian Cars

This is great info.

Will the BS-4 norms change the mileage figure? It looks so.
For Punto -
1.2 FIRE - is increased to 15.2KMPL from 14.3 KMPL.
1.3 MJD - is increased to 19.9KMPL from 19.2KMPL.

Hey great info Aditya!!

So are these figures average ones??

I guess it must include 60%city and 40% highway driving!

Hey great info Aditya!!

So are these figures average ones??

I guess it must include 60%city and 40% highway driving!

The above are the fuel efficiency figures obtained by the three government-approved test agencies, under standard test conditions. Among other parameters, these conditions include two persons in the car, air-conditioner switched off, non-adulterated fuel, recommended air pressure in all tyres and gear changes in a pre-determined pattern, at predetermined acceleration levels.The pre-determined pattern will reflect both city and highway conditions. All cars will undergo the same test cycle, and hence the figures can be compared across vehicles.

Since real-world driving conditions rarely match ‘standard test conditions,’ most users will not be able to get fuel efficiency figures that are as good as the ones mentioned. But the advantage with this list is that you can compare each car on a "like-to-like" basis, and not be taken in by inflated claims by the dealer or the manufacturer.

well you gotta useful stuff aditya. thanks for sharing but i think this data is an year old! best will be to drill mileage on engine as discussed in some other thread!

Thanks.
And re the data being a year old, I will try and get the latest figures, but the certification data holds good till any change in the engine or vehicle, in which case the car company will have to go for re-certification.

I think after April-1st, and introduction of BS-4 normas, all the mileage figures must have changed. I know that Fiat car's mileage has changed after it.

I think after April-1st, and introduction of BS-4 normas, all the mileage figures must have changed. I know that Fiat car's mileage has changed after it.
Yes, totally agree, except for cars that were already BSIV complaint?? In which case they may not have gone for a recertification.
Since the driving cycle is the same, irrespective of the BS norm.

Top Bottom