Duster vs Terrano vs Ecosport vs Ertiga vs Enjoy vs Quanto

Your Choice?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
This thread is to have a healthy comparisions between those cars and they are the current hot sellers in compact SUV/MUV segments. Please post your experience, like and dislike including engineering, after sales service,pricing, etc

Voted for Ecosport - as it offers the best safety features in a compact city-friendly package. Also class leading AC and ICE system.

Thread Starter #3
Voted for Ecosport - as it offers the best safety features in a compact city-friendly package. Also class leading AC and ICE system.
Hey Bopanna even safety features are available in all cars now a days what is special in ES over other listed cars? I think the type created by the company. The same kind of type was behind ertiga, then towards XUV500, then Duster, then Amaze and now. ES. What if some other compact car is introduced will the people be behind ES then?

The compactness with safety features is what I find special about this car. I think i20 is the only other sub-4m car which offers 6 airbags.

You are right - the value of a car is always relative. In case another compact car with better safety features is launched, I won't hanker so much after Ecosport.

Ecosport all the way,because it still gives others run for their money for the features offered at this price point.Duster has definitely the edge in ride and handling,wish they had provided an Auto box [frustration],if wishes were horses!
Regards,
Aneesh.

Thread Starter #6
How do you justify your purchase on ES? Is only a feature that you look on your car? Ford just delayed and launched ES to create hype among people. They did a price hike never kept their launch price is'nt that a kind of instability of trust over them? Also they reduced some features in ES even after a hike. This kind of tricks were even done when Figo was launched. We cannot see such kind of attitude with other car manufacturers.

I think this comparo could be limited to compact SUV's only, because the buying preferences differ a lot between MPV's(Enjoy,Ertiga) and Compact SUV's(rest of the list), also there is a thread which compared MPV's.

To come to the topic, my personal pick is Ford's ecosport, that's a great bang for the buck and those gadgets, mmm..

Ford just delayed and launched ES to create hype among people.
While its not their problem for delaying, they used management gimmicks as to how people reacted for the duster and hit the nail on spot, but that's great, people did not loose interest like they did for Safari Storme.

They did a price hike never kept their launch price is'nt that a kind of instability of trust over them?
When i booked my Enjoy which was lauched a month back before buying, they hiked the prices of 2000 for base model and upto 3500 for top- end variant.

Also they reduced some features in ES even after a hike. This kind of tricks were even done when Figo was launched. We cannot see such kind of attitude with other car manufacturers.
We do see this in Maruti and Mahindra, for example when MS lauched the BS-4 alto, it missed the key hole in the left door, changed the instrument cluster barring the temperature guage which is a vital part for a car along with the price hike, Mahindra reduced many minute features in Xylo D2 variant when they hiked the prices where the OTR came over 9 Lakhs Bangalore.

Thread Starter #10
@Vishwas
While its not their problem for delaying, they used management gimmicks as to how people reacted for the duster and hit the nail on spot, but that's great, people did not loose interest like they did for Safari Storme.

So the Management of Ford is not of Ford? People lost on Safari because it was just a refresh and the delay did not create any much hype among people.

When i booked my Enjoy which was lauched a month back before buying, they hiked the prices of 2000 for base model and upto 3500 for top- end variant.

Atleast that hike was acceptable not like a 50k hike by ES in a month after release.

We do see this in Maruti and Mahindra, for example when MS lauched the BS-4 alto, it missed the key hole in the left door, changed the instrument cluster barring the temperature gauge which is a vital part for a car along with the price hike, Mahindra reduced many minute features in Xylo D2 variant when they hiked the prices where the OTR came over 9 Lakhs Bangalore.

What Maruti did was insane, but Maruti did that for cost reduction from BSIII to BSiV, Why did ES do that for? Atleast the people who booked them before the hike date should be considered for the previous price. About temperature gauge Ford Figo did not have that feature. I had many time on long drives panicked without knowing engine temperature not even a Titanium variant has it. Xylo D2 and D4 was categorized as Taxi by Mahindra itself so they want to build a average car to reduce price for people who buy them for taxi services.

In the above given list of options . I vote for the Ecosport . It fulfill's my requirements perfectly . Stylish , compact , good features , decent engine options .

Enjoy and Ertiga are no way alternatives to Ecosport as they cater to totally different requirements. Enjoy and Ertiga could be considered if you are looking for a a practical and comfortable car for a bigger family of 5-7 members. An Ecosport can never do an Ertiga, IMO.But we already have an Ertiga in our family.

When I am in the market looking for a compact SUV, I have one vehicle to consider now.The Nissan Terrano, with a better looking interiors and all the positives that the Duster comes with, makes it to my short list.

Only if put against Quanto I might consider Ecosport, though personally none of them would actually qualify for my next upgrade.

Ecosport won't make it to my shortlist, as I want my parents too sitting comfortably in my car. But of course, I could get an Ecosport after selling my expensive bike.Oops, but I don't own a bike these days.[:D]

Right now if I am in the market for a car, it has to be, again a SUV with 4WD.
So, Nissan Terrano- if it comes with a 4x4, shortlisted for a detailed TD.

Thread Starter #13
@Manoj: All these cars are listed because they all are under compact design and currently they are one of the upgrades done from hatches or sedan and they are the decent sellers in the market. And this thread is not all about Ecosport or a particular car. If Ecosport should be compared with its segment then it should be compared with Mahindra Quanto, Premier Rio and Renault Duster.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for Ertiga.. A better all round car & offers best value for money through out ownership (not just at time of purchase)
Same as Dhana sir said! I vote for Ertiga LUV boy for its value, practicality, flexibility and everything else!

Top Bottom