Ford Recalls Figos and Fiesta Classics Again

Thread Starter #1
Ford has issued recall for Figos and classics again. Details of the batches affected is as below :-

Rear Twist Beam Issue : January 2011 to June 2012
Power Steering Hose Issue : January 2010 to August 2010 and March 2011 to November 2011

Source : Motorbeam : Motorbeam - New Figo recall

My Figo has also been lately creating noises from rear left under loaded conditions and my car is also a part of this recall [sad]

Oh my goodness,my Dad is gonna kick me.I forced him to buy Figo [frustration].Last day on another thread someone was talking about the engineering superiority of Ford vehicles.So much for complicated engineering.
1989rs500 any new theory from your side?

Regards,
Aneesh.

Oh no, not again! My Fiesta Classic which is April 2011 manufactured had already been recalled last year to change the Power Steering assembly as there was a slight drop in the power steering oil level. Now what is this rear twist beam issue?

Anyways, had to take the car for a separate issue rectified too, guess would take an appointment soon with the workshop for this as well.

OMG I some how sold that Figo. This is very bad Engineering from Ford. No matter they are bold to do the recall but not again.

Re: First Drive: Ford EcoSport Test Drive Review

Here goes some disturbing news related to the blue oval.
Ford effects India’s biggest recall with 1.66L Figo, Classic

The sheer volume and the severity of the impacted modules tell that this was known to Ford in advance since a while.

Had Indian government not heavily recently fined and penalized Fords's fellow american Cheverolet for hiding Tavera faults, I am sure Ford would not have even announced that.

I can't comment what it will do to people's confidence in EcoSport, but it will certaily bring no glory to Ford.

And please, do not advocate Ford here for any reason. We as an Indian and as a customer should collectively criticize frauds and consumer malpractices. The intention was Evil .

Last edited:

Here goes some disturbing news related to the blue oval.
Ford effects India’s biggest recall with 1.66L Figo, Classic

The sheer volume and the severity of the impacted modules tell that this was known to Ford in advance since a while.

Had Indian government not heavily recently fined and penalized Fords's fellow american Cheverolet for hiding Tavera faults, I am sure Ford would not have even announced that.

I can't comment what it will do to people's confidence in EcoSport, but it will certaily bring no glory to Ford.

And please, do not advocate Ford here for any reason. We as an Indian and as a customer should collectively criticize frauds and consumer malpractices. The intention was Evil .
i strongly recomend you to cancel booking of ecosport or any other ford vehicle and sleep tight before you lose your patience[frustration]

the case of GM and ford are different, GM did that on purpose , they literally bullied the govt and even top management.

according to you ,we have to criticise ford(or any other company) for recall ? are you the promoter of criticism . and what should we demand ford? atleast they are voluntarily recalling the vehicles.

i dont know about you, but most of figo and classic owners will now feel secured that ford is watching them after the warranty period. my cousins fiesta classic got this issue long back and is replaced.

actually recall is good , after my ecosports recall of glow plug module and now recall of older figo and classic . i am happy that ford is keeping track of quality in their cars (old and new) .

except the case of GM(done on purpose). i support the voluntary recall of auto manufacturer. every automotive manufacturer has gone to recall , so no big deal for me.

Last edited:

i strongly recommend you to cancel booking of ecosport or any other ford vehicle and sleep tight before you lose your patience[frustration]
Thanks but no thanks for the sound advice.
according to you ,we have to criticise ford(or any other company) for recall ? are you the promoter of criticism
I never said you do. I only said, let us not blindly advocate until facts are known. The same goes for criticism.

I don't know why are you so infuriated at such a non-offending post.

We as indian do not like if someone goes against popular sentiments. We simple hate them.
But I for my own reason love to play a devil's advocate.
There is no fun if there is no one to counter the arguments or to represent the other side of the coin.

Good Morning Anyway.

I never said you do. I only said, let us not blindly advocate until facts are known. The same goes for criticism.
But you just made some criticism in you original post before waiting for all facts to be known. But i agree, there is nothing wrong in voicing one's opinion.
But I for my own reason love to play a devil's advocate.
There is no fun if there is no one to counter the arguments or to represent the other side of the coin.
I agree. The devil can be Ford too.

BTW, companies do recalls not due to ethics or any such noble cause. They do a cost-effect analysis, and do it only if it benefits them. So neither Ford not Chevrolet deserve a pat in their backs.

Last edited:
Ford said a total of 1,31,922 cars (1,09,469 units of the Ford Figo and 22,453 units of the Ford Classic), produced and sold from January 2011 till June 2012, will need to be inspected, but “will not necessarily need (RTB) part replacements”.

In the case of the PAS hose, 34,099 cars (30,681 units of the Figo and 3,418 units of the Classic), produced and sold in India from January-August 2010 to March-November 2011, will be inspected and then replaced.

The recall, announced on Friday, is an extension of the initiative taken by the company last year, wherein it voluntarily recalled 1,28,000 units of the Figo and the Classic manufactured between January 2008 and December 2010.

Recently, Ford had also recalled around 972 units of the diesel variant of the EcoSport, its newest compact sports utility vehicle, due to issues relating to the positioning of glow plug module.

Ford India recalls 1.66 lakh cars - Money - DNA

Ford India recalls 1.66 lakh Figo's and Fiesta

Source: Ford recalls 1.66 lakh Figos and Fiesta Classics | Car News | Entry level saloons | Autocar India

Ford India has initiated a recall for the Figo and Fiesta Classic to rectify issues related to the steering and rear suspension.

The carmaker is inspecting the rear twist beam for all Figos and Fiesta Classics manufactured and sold between January 2011 and June 2012, which will be replaced if found faulty. A defective rear twist beam can be detected if there is an abnormal noise from the rear while the car is in motion. In this case, prolonged use of the car without rectifying the issue could lead to deteriorating ride and handling and brake performance, which could possibly result in a breakdown.

Ford will also replace the power steering hose for all Figos and Fiesta Classics manufactured and sold between January 2010 and August 2010 and from March 2011 to November 2011 as “a precautionary measure and to ensure the long term durability of the vehicle.” The issue is the potential for an oil leak to develop in the power steering hose, which could result in fumes being emitted from the area causing the leak. It may also be possible for power steering fluid to come into contact with the vehicle’s exhaust components, thereby creating a potential fire hazard.

In total, 1,66,021 cars will be recalled, the biggest such exercise in the country. Of this total, 1,09,469 units of the Ford Figo and 22,453 Fiesta Classics will be inspected with regard to the rear twist beam. Additionally, 30,681 units of the Ford Figo and 3,418 units of the Fiesta Classic will have their power steering hose replaced.

"This is to ensure the safety and satisfaction of our customers by inspecting and replacing any potentially affected parts as required. Ford India will continue to drive this service initiative through its authorised dealers," Ford India said.

Ford is contacting owners of the potentially affected vehicles via customer letters and through its nationwide dealership network. To find out if your car is among those affected, you can also visit Ford’s India website at Ford India Private Limited - Field Service Action, and enter your car’s VIN number, which is located under the driver’s seat below the mat. Lift the black flap under the mat to find the VIN inscription of your Ford.

This is not the first time Ford India is issuing a recall of its cars. The manufacturer last year recalled over 1.28 lakh units of the same two cars for the same rear twist beam and power steering hose issues. The only difference being that the cars it impacted were made between January 2008 and December 2010 and September 2010 till February 2011. More recently, diesel Ford EcoSports were also recalled to relocate the glow plug module in the car.

This does not bode well for Ford India, especially when you consider that this is the third recall by the manufacturer in a little over a year. If it is serious about the Indian market, simply launching competitive products like the EcoSport will not suffice, as the overall ownership experience plays an important role in the customer’s buying decision as well. Ford needs to tighten up its quality control procedures to avoid recalls, especially of such a large scale.

My car comes under this recall and fixed an appointment with MPL ford tomorrow to get the RTB inspected/changed. I am not at all worried about this but feeling happy instead. This kind of recalls brings in more trust on brand Ford . I am very happy that Ford puts passenger safety fist above Brand Image which most of the so called trusted brands doesn't do it.
For example,One of the popular indian manfufacturer should have initated a recall for its hot seeling model for a brake issue. They never did it and silently did the correction when the vehicle visted thier service centre. For them brand image was more important than passenger safety.

Now the Ford recall is being investigated by Government and regulatory authorities ...

Ford's recalls highlight need for local sourcing - The Economic Times

ET learns that NATRIP, an affiliate of the ministry of heavy industry, is doing a study and is expected to submit its report to the ministry on September 25. The matter will then be taken up with the inter-ministerial group, which has representation from the ministry of road transport & highways, or MORTH, the heavy industry ministry, law & justice and the consumer affairs ministry.
After the Tavera issues resulted in heavy fines and penalties for Chevrolet India, the Govt is setting a tough precedent by bringing Ford to some accountability. The end beneficiary can only be the customers as moves will make auto-makers tighten their QA and sourcing processes.

Top Bottom