Maruti Suzuki August 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Hindustan Motors - Mitsubishi August 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Nissan August 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Renault August 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Skoda August 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Tata Motors August 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Toyota August 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Volkswagen August 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Disclaimer: Although we strive to provide 100% accurate data but do not claim any responsibility due to the nature of sources.​

Apart from maruti cars liva polo and the vento all sales have declined drastically. I could even see the 0 figures consecutivelyfor 2 months. Phew.! In a way in accordance of the growing traffic and expenses this is ought to happen.

looks like Aug was a decline mostly except Fiat & few others This Hyundai Eon is an interesting car almost similar to Alto I am guessing. If Nano could only grab even some share of both these cars it easily come in the top 10.

Last edited:
350z, The innova YoY should be -21.46% instead of +21.46

Dharmesh,
I think guys like you made big difference to sales of Punto [;)]

Thanks Vibhor.A humble request can we have diagram showing the distribution of hatch backs,sedans and SUV/MUV's?

Seems like every manufacturer is struggling.Blue Oval has got a double edged sword,while Ecosport is getting good numbers it has for sure started eating into Figo and Fiesta Classic sales.Maruti's Ritz shows what a polarizing design can do to an otherwise good car.Honda is enjoying the 'Amaze'ment but don't know for how long. Brio also is a victim of the design quirks. Now that the sales has tipped 1000,honchos at Turin can sigh some relief,Eon,i10 and i20 have found their own comfort zone.Duster has found its nemesis in Ecosport, hope the French cone down from their ivory towers and do a price correction.The facelift has given a breather to Micra.Innova and Fortuner sales is proof for Toyotas quality with a capital 'Q' though I feel both are overpriced. No respite in sight for Karlos Slim,he needs some good designers to attract the younger crowd.Skoda has set all its hope on the Octavia it seems,but given the sales of D segment,I don't think Sudhir Rao can relax.Hope they don't price it out of contention.The arrival of GTD may give Volkswagen a few scores but that's not in lieu of their plan to capture 10% of market share,Welcome to India!We are as unpredictable as it gets,few years back nobody thought of compact SUV's,now everyone is running amok to get one on roads. Don't know how many cars will have their spare wheel transplanted to the rear [surprise]! Maruti has to shelve the Estilo and A-star rather than prolonging the inevitable.

Nice effort 350Z !!

Some interesting facts

-Top 4 places dominated by Maruti, is because of Herd !!
-Sail Sedan is doing well, might be petrol ones
-Fiat surprises 2nd month in a row with +sales, yes it need to launch more models
-Ford ES is doing well and surprisingly New Fiesta on +side
-Poor show from Honda
-XUV picking up again
-Estilo percentage is shown wrong(M0M percentage should be - side),Vibhor please correct the same
-A star sales are surprising, what happened so suddenly
-Nissan is same like Fiat and on the +side
-Skoda needs to work hard, BTW where is Octavia
-Liva is picking up

I think Duster is doing quite well for itself; and inspite the Ecosport onslaught - only 6.81% down YoY ! Remember a year back, Duster hype was at it's peak. I think interior space is one thing that a section of Indian buyer still values.

Ecosport has still not overtaken (intentionally so) it's nearest competitor as far as gizmo-richness is concerned - the i20. Looks like Ford India's mantra will be low volume, high margins and high demand.

Vento doing much better than Rapid - Mr. Sudhir Rao, pricing, rebadging and special editions are not going to cut it anymore - you really need to improve the after-sales experience. At this rate, Rapid is headed the Fabia way.

I think Duster is doing quite well for itself; and inspite the Ecosport onslaught - only 6.81% down YoY ! Remember a year back, Duster hype was at it's peak. I think interior space is one thing that a section of Indian buyer still values.
I am not sure if you meant Duster is not doing well rather than doing well. In March this year Renault sold more than 6000 copies of Duster (remember highest selling SUV ad by the french manufacturer) now it is almost half of it.

Bleak times continue for the auto sector, yesterday I was reading an article in Economic times regarding the YoY comparison between Aug'12 and Aug'13, they concluded that things are improving without taking into account the factory closure of Maruti. After reading the article I wondered if it is a paid article to boost the consumer sentiment.

Honda is relying heavily on Amaze I don't recollect a 3 figure performance by City, Brio is also not performing well in the market.

Nissan again nothing in their portfolio after so many years in Indian market. Nissan needs to work on dealer network otherwise things are not going to change for them. Terrano seems to be a new dud on the block, even auto enthusiasts are not discussing about it (just look at the Terrano thread)

I meant Duster is doing better than I expected. Usual auto industry practice is to compare YoY (eg. Aug'12 to Aug'13), so that accounts for seasonal/festive changes. March figures are usually higher due to three reasons:

1. New year in Hindu lunar/solar calendars in March/April
2. Financial year end
3. Models sold in Jan/Feb are usually manufactured in December previous year, so people postpone buys to March to be assured of new year model.

So I think comparing March figure to August isn't fair.

As you rightly said, Maruti's YoY figure is an aberration, but Renault's YoY figure is more reflective of their ability to still sell. Let us see what coming months reveal. The festive season YoY for Duster should fall significantly more.

I meant Duster is doing better than I expected. Usual auto industry practice is to compare YoY (eg. Aug'12 to Aug'13), so that accounts for seasonal/festive changes. March figures are usually higher due to three reasons:

1. New year in Hindu lunar/solar calendars in March/April
2. Financial year end
3. Models sold in Jan/Feb are usually manufactured in December previous year, so people postpone buys to March to be assured of new year model.

So I think comparing March figure to August isn't fair.
All I wanted to highlight was that the trend is negative for Duster since past 5 months. Anyways lets wait for the festive season to see the real figure.

Everyone acknowledge rise in Liva sales, believe it's direct effect of Etios Sedan replacing indigo taxi's and Liva replacing Indica's as new preferred units when new taxi's are bought. Not sure about other regions but I can hardly see any new Tata units on road here in NCR with Toyota units are flooding it.

Interesting to see Sunny's growth this month, what fueled this as if I am not wrong there was no very lucrative offers to attract consumer.

As per the SIAM charts,even though for the cumulative passenger car sales for 5 months from April to August 2013 was less than the same period in 2012, the sales for August 2013 is more by 31% than August 2012!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom