Ford Mustang Makes Official Premiere in India

Thread Starter #1
Sep 5, 2013
Ford is developing a right-hand-drive version of the legendary sports car as part of a 50th anniversary redesign next year. The first Mustang was unveiled at the New York World’s Fair on April 17, 1964, and the carmaker will reveal a heavily revised Mustang at the New York Auto Show on April 17, 2014, exactly 50 years on.

With a right-hand-drive option for the Mustang now available, Ford has plans to market it in right-hand-drive markets like Australia and the UK. Ford is also looking at launching the Mustang in the Indian market as a ‘halo’ product. Currently, Ford’s range in India consists of mainly compact cars and an iconic car like the Mustang could not only give the Ford brand a shove upmarket but also showcase the company’s heritage.

The current generation Mustang is available with three engines, a 3.7-litre V6, the 5.0-litre Mustang GT and the Shelby GT500 that is powered by a 5.8-litre supercharged V8. Ford also sells the Mustang as a drop-top, but it remains to be seen which variant would make it to India.

The company is still evaluating the feasibility of launching the Mustang in India, which with the current duty structure for imported cars would cost no less than Rs. 40 lakh, depending on the variant. If Ford gives the green light, the Mustang could be in a showroom near you by early 2015.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-news/exclusive-ford-mustang-slated-for-india-launch-355940.aspx

Attachments

Re: Ford Mustang slated for India launch in 2014

WOW. The Original Muscle car looks like Ford is starting to take indian Market a bit more seriously after Ecosport's resounding success

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ford Mustang Slated For Indian Debut Next Year

The happiest news I ever read recently ! Even though I don't know if I will be able to get it , I am sure that I will be getting a chance to drive it !
Legendary muscle car in India! Wow !

Same here. My dream car on its way to India. Pricing may be high, and so may not afford it, but sure "ek test drive to banta hai" [clap]

wish ford keeps costs down and let fans like me speculate whether we can buy it or not. So wish neither CBU/CKD will do. Let them make a complete network for localization within India. [;)]

V8's that too with the current prices of petrol?

Mustangs were present in India in the 60's.Mostly with the straight 6 like most Chevy and Ford vehicles from that time.Now they are coming back.What about cars like the Focus or the Fiesta ST?Those make more sense with the FE crowd.

Ford Mustang to debut in India - 2015
It is now confirmed that Ford will indeed be launching the Mustang this year.

The Mustang is available with three engines - a 3.7-litre V6, the 5.0-litre Mustang GT and the Shelby GT500 that is powered by a 5.8-litre supercharged V8. Ford also sells the Mustang as a drop-top, but it remains to be seen which variant makes it to India.

Ford to launch four models this year | Car News | Entry level saloons | Autocar India

An iconic car like Mustang coming to India,that's great news.I would love to own one of the American muscle cars,be it a Mustang or Camaro.But I don't think it will be priced below 50 lakh rupees.Anyway it's great if it comes to India.

Any guesses what type of engine it will have-2.0L ??
Probably 1.0L Ecoboost or 1.4L TiVCengine! [lol]

This will never get launched in India!!! If Maruthi plans to launch it here(don't ask me how [:D]), it will get either 668cc Diesel or 998cc petrol with good mileage figures!

Mustang will be surely launched yaar,officialy ford has confirmed that .
Even i am expecting to get hands on the drive.
The only thing will be its performance will be tweaked upon.
May be it will be in a Luxury class.

Ford Mustang GT Premium to make its way into India.

It will be the Mustang GT Premium Fastback version that be made available in the Indian car market. Ford has plans to introduce their flagship muscle car in India in the next 12 months.

The Mustang GT Premium Fastback will launched with a 5.0-litre V8 petrol engine that will produce 435bhp of power and will come mated to a six-speed manual transmission. This is the first time that Ford has started to make the Mustang in right-hand-drives as well. The American auto giant will introduce its muscle car in UK and other right-hand drive markets.

The Mustang also comes with Ecoboost Premium, which has a 2.3-litre petrol engine. This might not make it to India as at the moment, the plans are to get the GT Premium Fastback.

Ford Mustang GT Premium to make its way into India – MotorOctane

Ford Mustang spotted at ARAI for approval.
Ford-Mustang-India-2.jpg
Ford-Mustang-India-7.jpg
Spotted at ARAI near Pune, it is now confirmed that Ford will definitely launch the Mustang in the Indian market very soon.

Powering the Mustang GT Premium Fastback is a 5.0L, TiVCT, V8 petrol motor producing 435 BHP of power and 542 Nm of torque matched to a 6-speed SelectShift automatic gearbox with paddle shifts.

The Mustang will be brought to India via the CBU route, and pricing would be upwards of Rs. 50 lakh.

Ford Mustang spotted at ARAI, launching soon | Shifting-Gears

Man how i wish to lay hands on this beast. One of my favourite car. to own it is dream and i think it will remain so. even if i slog my rear day and night still cant own one. [:D] can test drive it for sure [;)]

Top Bottom