Tata Safari Storme Explorer Edition is Here

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Safari fans rejoice. Tata Motors has announced the launch of Storme Explorer Edition in the Indian market for Rs.10,86,000 (Ex.showroom, Delhi). This is what it includes:

> Navigation Device

> Explorer Front Nudge Guard

> Explorer Edition Door Visors

> New Art Leather seat covers

> Explorer Edition signature decals

> On-Screen provision for Reverse Parking Assist

> New chrome garnish for the projector headlamps and tail lamps

> Powered by the Safari Storme’s 2.2 L VariCOR turbocharged engine with VTT

> 2-DIN Touch Screen Infotainment System – hands-free and phonebook operations

> Other Outdoor Gear Options – Cycle Carrier, Cargo Basket, Roof-Mounted Canopy

Each adventure calls for meticulous planning, to take on that off-road journey in style. The Safari Storme Explorer Edition allows you to do just that for the many adventures that lie ahead. On the outside, the Safari Storme Explorer Edition has an imposing stance. A new muscular broad and sturdy ‘Explorer’ Front Nudge Guard, Explorer Edition signature decals, on the bonnet and on the side of the vehicle, along with new chrome garnish for the projector headlamps and tail lamps, gives the vehicle a sporty and rich look. The Safari Storme spoilers are complemented by new aerodynamically designed Door Visors, allowing occupants to keep their windows slightly open, ensuring minimum drag when the Real SUV moves at high speeds.

Doubling the adrenaline and building on to the utility of the Safari Storme Explorer Edition is a customised Cycle Carrier. For increased space, to meet all that a journey demands, a Cargo Basket designed especially for the Safari Storme, can find its way in the rear of the vehicle. A Roof-Mounted Canopy lets the adventure seeker soak in nature’s bounty, making the most of the great outdoors.

On the inside, the Safari Storme Explorer Edition is a re-defined Beast. Designed for the discerning new-age customer, the new 2-DIN Touch Screen Infotainment System, adds to the cabins contemporary styling, with highly valued in-vehicle music, movie and mobile hands-free sound quality. Tune into any terrain, with neatly arranged low-keys, with an easy to operate touch screen panel. With a Reliable integrated interface for the iPod, iPhone, USB sticks, memory cards and portable hard disks, the entertainment system also enables hands-free operations – access to the phonebook and audio streaming of Bluetooth cell phones or music players, providing for added driving safety. The provision for On-Screen Reverse Parking Assist helps the driver navigate into parking spots with confidence.

Keep the spirit of adventure alive, with the new Tata Safari Storme Explorer Edition Navigation Device on hand. The unit boasts a robust navigation system, aimed at the fast-growing market for recreational, off-road and outdoor enthusiasts – an important safely factor to off-road travelers. The Safari Storme Explorer Edition spacious cabin feels fresh and premium, with Art Leather seat covers, along with Washable Highly Wear Resistant soft floor mats, protecting its floor from water, mud, spills and everyday wear.

The Safari Storme is a beast at heart, one that’s meant to be both feared and respected. Power and Performance of the ‘Real SUV’, is courtesy the Safari Storme’s 2.2 L VariCOR turbocharged engine with VTT (Variable Turbine Technology) delivering 140 PS Power & 320 NM Torque, providing easy driveability, swifter response and lower NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness). The vehicle delivers a performance of 0 - 100 km/hr in under 15 sec, at 14kmpl. The Safari Storme also features ESOF (electronic shift on the fly) technology, enabling engagement of the 4x4 or 4X2 mode, on the move.

Making for a true off-roader, the ladder on frame chassis of the Safari Storme is constructed with advanced hydroformed members, for best off-road driving experience and a smooth ride. Hydroforming enhances rigidity of the chassis while reducing weight. The vehicle also has a double wishbone suspension set-up which provides excellent ride comfort. The Safari Storme boasts best-in-class turning circle radius of 5.4 metres, making driving and manuevoring in tight confines absolutely easy. The ground clearance is 200 mm, with 26 degree gradeability. The new rack & pinion steering system offers perfect feel and accuracy for a confident driving experience, especially at high speeds. Electrically operated power fold ORVM (Outside Rear-View Mirror) with turn signals, enhances the drive experience. The new Tata Safari Storme Explorer Edition starts at Rs 10,86,000 (ex-showroom, New Delhi) and will be available at all Tata Motors showrooms.
Tata-Safari-Storme-Explorer-Edition-Anil-Kapoor.jpg

Tata-Safari-Storme-Explorer-Edition-1.jpg

Tata-Safari-Storme-Explorer-Edition-2.jpg

Tata-Safari-Storme-Explorer-Edition-2-DIN-ICE.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Those decals look extremely cheap to me. Ruining the looks of the Storme completely. So is this Explorer variant based on the LX or the EX version? Tata should have added dual airbags to this variant to give a better VFM tag to it. Plus anyone spending above 10Lacs for a car in today's world is aware that he should be getting front airbags and ABS as a basic safety feature. Why is TATA making half hearted attempts to revive sales?

Isn't Anil Kapoor a brand ambassador for Renault? and even thoughif he is promoting his TV series but getting associated with any other brand or product from your competitor is considered as a breach of contract, wonder what Renault thinks of this

^ methinks he attended the function as one associated with the show.

similar to sportsperson advertising for brands as individuals and then advertising as team members.

Safari fans rejoice. Tata Motors has announced the launch of Storme Explorer Edition in the Indian market for Rs.10,86,000 (Ex.showroom, Delhi). This is what it includes:....

Please upload some more pics of the interior. Mahindra Must come up with the Upgraded scorpio quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
TATA has upgraded the 2.2 VVT Varicor engine for XENON to be launched in Australia !

This engine now queezes out 148 BHP instead of 138 BHP available in the current Safari and the ARIA in India. Now the Indian model too requires an update and hope TML does it with the STROME ans the ARIA with some price correction.

Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team
Please upload some more pics of the interior. Mahindra Must come up with the Upgraded scorpio quickly.
The interiors continue to be the same as existing Safari Storme except for dual DIN head unit (refer to the last image in opening post).

Drive Safe,
350Z

I had seen this explorer kit during my car hunt couple of weeks ago. It was priced 50k that time which includes, Decals, Double DIn Navigator, Leather seats. I think they kept LX and EX variants in mind. I immediately felt it is going to go soon on promotion. When checked whether they will break it up and sell double din alone, the SE said it is not possible. Man, VX already comes with leather upholstery, so how would this would help me? He had no clue. BTW, Double DIn was not integrated properly in to the Dash. Certainly the fitment doesn't get you a pleasant feel.

Last edited:
Those decals look extremely cheap to me. Ruining the looks of the Storme completely. So is this Explorer variant based on the LX or the EX version? Tata should have added dual airbags to this variant to give a better VFM tag to it. Plus anyone spending above 10Lacs for a car in today's world is aware that he should be getting front airbags and ABS as a basic safety feature. Why is TATA making half hearted attempts to revive sales?
Hey you know what I happen to visit the Tata dealership and test drove the new Explorer Edition. The feature and accessories are very well crafted for the Tata Safari Storme Explorer Edition making it a perfect fit. Why don't you visit the nearest dealership and get the first hand feel of the Explorer Edition.

Re: Two Enthusiasts Go Storm Hunting - Tata Safari Storme Test Drive Review

hey guys.

im booking TATA SAFARI STORM EX variant with EXPLORER KIT.

need to know that how the decals of explorer looks on white EX variant.

and need to know that EXPLORER kit is useful or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Tata would spend less on cheap decals and more on quality, I guess this is their way of trying to get some sales before they get rid of this platform. The Aria is so much better looking than the Safari.

I wish Tata would spend less on cheap decals and more on quality, I guess this is their way of trying to get some sales before they get rid of this platform. The Aria is so much better looking than the Safari.
I guess you are looking the other way. TATA Safari storme is underpinned by new platform. All new hydroformed chassis, which will form the base of ladder framed TATAs for decades from now. May be you were fooled by its skin.

Re: Two Enthusiasts Go Storm Hunting - Tata Safari Storme Test Drive Review

hey guys.

im booking TATA SAFARI STORM EX variant with EXPLORER KIT.

need to know that how the decals of explorer looks on white EX variant.

and need to know that EXPLORER kit is useful or not.
Hi Mohit,

Welcome to TAI. Personally I have not seen any Explorer Edition vehicle in White. But I Feel the Compass Image will definitely give it a sporty feel.

However, I would not like to have sticker on my car unless that very very subtle. Rest of the explorer editions related items like foglamps, the touch screen music systtem, the leather seats are all very good to have features in the car.

I have a strong urge to tell you not to put any graphic, decals on your Storme. As it is Storme is a very very photogenic car. Decals enhance beauty no more in my opinion.

I had seen this explorer kit ...
When checked whether they will break it up and sell double din alone, the SE said it is not possible.
I have checked the Strome in Hyderabad and asked for the Double din system separately. He said 'yes sir' and quoted a price of Rs 22,000/-

Top Bottom