Hyundai Eon With 1.0 Liter Petrol Engine Now launched At Rs. 3.83 lakh

Thread Starter #1
On August 1, Indian Autos Blog featured a story in which we showed you a camouflaged Hyundai Eon that was caught testing in Tamil Nadu. We thought that Hyundai India was preparing a facelift for the Eon as various body panels were covered. However, our sources inform us on something different.
It seems that Hyundai India is testing the Eon with a 1.0-liter engine and the Korean car maker plans to launch this more powerful version of the small car in 2014. The 1.0-liter Eon will have a direct rival in the Maruti Alto K10, which according to rumors, is preparing for a facelift that could be launched by Diwali this year.

Hyundai is likely to use the 1.0-liter (998cc) three-cylinder petrol engine that also powers the base version of the Hyundai i10 for the European markets. This engine produces 68bhp at 6,200rpm 95Nm of torque at 3,500rpm. The heavier i10 with this engine is capable of sprinting from 0-100km/h in 14.8 seconds and has a top speed of 149km/h. However, we think Hyundai India would tune this engine to offer a compromise between performance and efficiency. For reference, the Alto K10 produces 68PS (about 67bhp) and 90Nm of torque. The current 800cc Eon will continue to compete with the Alto 800.

Source : Hyundai Eon 1.0-liter planned, will target Maruti Alto K10

Re: Hyundai Testing Eon 1.0L To Target Maruti Alto K10

Ah, how I miss the fourth cylinder[cry]!

With the K10 numbers nothing to write home about (as per Maruti standards), I would be watching this space to see how well the E10 (ha!) sells. While I am in no doubt that the new engine would take care of the weak bottom end of the present Eon engine, I wonder how would this new variant be priced like. As things stand, the price of the top end Eon sits dangerously close to that of established players like the Wagon R.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Hyundai Testing Eon 1.0L To Target Maruti Alto K10

The recent rumors indicate that Hyundai has dispatched certain units of Eon with 1.0L engine to dealerships. The car is expected to have slight changes on the design front.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Hyundai Eon 1.0L is Now Here

Which is the engine they are using for this. I dont think they had any sub 1000 cc engine in their stable earlier.

Re: Hyundai Eon With 1.0 Liter Engine Coming Soon

Its a 3 cylinder engine. Hyundai has started accepting bookings. I am not sure about this but it seems that its only being offered in the Magna version.

The car is still not on sale. There's no official word from Hyundai. The website is also not reflecting the 1.0L model.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Its a 3 cylinder engine. Hyundai has started accepting bookings. I am not sure about this but it seems that its only being offered in the Magna version.
Two are contradictory statements. But is it a new developed engine ? Since only 998 CC engine Hyundai had was early batch Santros (1998-2000)

350Z

Core Team

Two are contradictory statements.
Bookings might be open at certain dealerships but there is no official statement from Hyundai about the launch of Eon 1.0L so far.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The Eon 1L will be available in a single trim level called Magna Plus. This variant gets features such as AC, power steering and front power windows. Compared to the Eon 0.8L Magna Plus, the Eon 1L Magna Plus loses out on a music system and internally adjustable wing mirrors.​

Identical in exterior and interiors to the 800 cc , except for the badging at rear.
Hyundai-Eon-1L-IAB-spied-front-quarter.jpg

Powering the Eon 1L is a three-cylinder 998 cc with Hyundai’s VTVT technology

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
re: Hyundai Eon With 1.0 Liter Petrol Engine Now launched At Rs. 3.83 lakh

It's official. Hyundai has now announced the launch of Eon 1.0L which will sell alongside 0.8L version.

Hyundai Eon 1.0L Specifications:

> Dual VTVT, 3 Cylinders

> Power: 69 PS @ 6,200 RPM

> Torque: 9.6 Kgm @ 3,500 RPM

> Fuel Efficiency (ARAI): 20.3 Kmpl

This engine option is available only in Magna+ variant for Rs.3,83,130 (Ex.showroom, Delhi).

Commenting on the introduction of new engine variant of Eon, B S Seo, Managing Director and CEO, HMIL said, “Hyundai Eon has been a trendsetter of style, performance, design and finesse in its segment and has received good acceptability and appreciation from its customers. Hyundai consistently innovates to meet and exceed the demands of the customer and the 1.0 Litre Kappa engine now offered in Eon is an extension of our modern-premium brand philosophy and will delight our customers with unparalleled driving experience and further consolidate Hyundai’s position in the domestic market.”

The all-aluminum 1.0 Litre Kappa engine promises weight reduction with adoption of aluminum head and block that help achieve improved fuel economy. Moreover to minimize the noise, vibration & harshness levels (NVH), low friction timing chain has been adopted while the piston cooling jets ensures optimum piston temperature for most efficient engine working for higher fuel economy & enhanced engine performance. The 1.0 Litre engine is mated with 5-speed manual gearbox which offers smooth gear shifting and has low noise gear design for improved NVH.
Hyundai-Eon-1-Liter.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

A welcome move from Hyundai and the specs are impressive.
Perfect rival for all K10B powered cars from maruti stable.

This is the real Alto K10 killer!. Pricing is little over the expected. Datsun Go also gets a perfect opponent.

Top Bottom