Come 2015, India Will Have New Emission & Safety Policies

Thread Starter #1
The Economic Times report that new emission and safety rules are on their way to be implemented from 2015:2015: Makeover time for vehicles - Economic Times

New vehicles will become costlier once a host of fresh safety and emission regulations kick in from 2015. Chanchal Pal Chauhan lists steps the government and manufacturers are taking to enable the switchover.

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
I think they should at least make ABS standard across entire range of cars.I don't think making a'bags would be feasible because of cost-reasons??!!

I agree, ABS should be made mandatory for all the vehicles but then these all are still on papers and into thoughts to be made feasable, dont know out of all the things which ones would really be made mandatory.
But yes along with new norms expect the prices to rise high for sure, even if there isnt much of the implications still it would be.

Looking at the state of economy and auto market I don't think manufacturers would dare for a substantial increase in prices even if few of these measures get implemented (Though I doubt government would be interested to make ABS our airbags mandatory). Manufacturers would remove few creature comforts to accommodate increased cost. Which should be the way IMHO.

Top Bottom