Ford India to phase out Fusion with launch of Figo

Thread Starter #1

With the forthcoming launch of its small car Figo, US car maker Ford today said it will be phasing out its hatchback Fusion from the Indian market.

Ford India Managing Director and President Michael Boneham told reporters
We will discontinue the Fusion and our focus in the small car segment will be exclusively on Figo in the Indian market. The Fusion was also giving us a relatively small volume and we hope to do good with the Figo.
Economictimes

oh! little brother is replacing Fusion ?

With not even a single unit of Fusion selling every month, they should have phased out long time back.

Anyways, its not too late.

The Fusion was not exactly a "small" hatch either!!
A couple of my colleagues have them, but have never heard rave reviews.

Aah i read this today morning in paper! I was about to post it here but RSM has done it!!

Yes a move which should have been done long back by Ford! I hardly see any Fusions on road!

350Z

Core Team
A sensible decision by Ford India, However if the car was not phased out even after the release of Figo, It would have kicked out remaining selling volumes of Fusion, Though both the cars share almost similar styling but I’d have much preferred the chopped pricing of Fusion with refreshment and added features instead of all new Figo which seems to be a no-frill car currently. Then Ford could also have managed a space to slot the Fiesta hatch in between (if it’s going to be launched!). Any ways, The Fusion will be missed.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes this is also a sensible option! But maybe Ford has some other plans! Maybe they felt the image of the fusion is too low to give it a shot even with some facelifts!!

350Z

Core Team
But it looked much better than Figo with smarter MPV looks and offered snob value.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is nice decisions, which came late. But do you guys really like Figo over Fusion. For me both of them looks alike ! Of course some minor changes are there.

Ford India have made a wise decision by discontinuing the Fusion. It never really took off, and i mean, it barely sold! It was the Honda Jazz of its era [lol] and i believe the Figo will be a better proposition overall. Go Figo!

Top Bottom