The Urban Flavour: Ford Ecosport vs Renault Duster

Ecosport or Duster

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
You know who is back,yes it's THE XOVER baby[glasses]

Now,that Ford has launched Ecosport at stunning price(s),the Duster-which is also its only major rival at the moment shall most definitely feel the heat.

So folks,will Duster continue to sell at 6000 units per month,or is it Finished?

Now lets break it down,which is a better compact SUV as per you in:

1) Looks

2) Interiors

3) Space

4) Performance

5) Handling

6) Aspirational Value

Re: The Urban Flavour:Ford Ecosport vs Renault Duster

Looks - Anytime ES. Duster looks like a frog with constipation.

Interiors - Again ES. The dashboard of Duster is bland.

Space - Has to be the Duster. ES is just too narrow. After all, its a small car.

Performance - Duster, looks like both Duster 85PS and ES diesel will be equal in this aspect. BUT, Duster offer the 110PS version too.

Handling - Should be equal.

Ride - Duster.

Safety - ES.

Creature comforts - ES.

Aspirational value : None.

1) Looks- ES

2) Interiors-ES

3) Space- duster

4) Performance- equal .

5) Handling- both , ride quality - duster

6) Aspirational Value- for middle and upper middle class - both .

7) vfm - ES

8) safety - ES .the duster just has 3* safety rating .

1) Looks ES

2) Interiors ES

3) Space (inside Duster External ES) i mean ES has adequate space inside and good dimension with in 4 meters so can zip zap thru city traffic

4) Performance ES

5) Handling ES [ Both are Good but who will pay 2 lakhs extra for duster ]

6) Aspirational Value ES

7) vfm - ES

8) safety - Both are safer cars among which ES is better (6 air bags Vs 2 air bags and 2 lakhs lesser than duster)

source Auto car india.com

1) Looks ES

2) Interiors ES

3) Space (inside Duster External ES) i mean ES has adequate space inside and good dimension with in 4 meters so can zip zap thru city traffic

4) Performance ES

5) Handling ES [ Both are Good but who will pay 2 lakhs extra for duster ]

6) Aspirational Value ES

7) vfm - ES

8) safety - Both are safer cars among which ES is better (6 air bags Vs 2 air bags and 2 lakhs lesser than duster)

source Auto car india.com

Duster seems like a total rip off , looking at what both car offer in their respective price range .

Surprisingly the ES is more expensive in brazil then the duster , but yet sells more . [surprise]

Thread Starter #6

Yup,Duster does look ridiculously overpriced in front of Ecosport.Ecosport is going to be the next Swift especially for urban folks,me thinks.

If it is one car in your house, I prefer Duster for more space, but if it is second car or a small family just husband and wife, then it is EcoSport.

Thread Starter #8

Many folks have already started to compare Ecosport with Model T,lol.Hope it really revives Ford future in India.

Guys we cannot decide ES is superior than Duster now. Let us wait and watch how well it goes. Duster has proved itself let us give time for ES to roll out in roads let us hear what the users say. Even A buzz was out there for amaze in the market for its FE but now all customers complain on FE. So let us wait and watch

If it is one car in your house, I prefer Duster for more space, but if it is second car or a small family just husband and wife, then it is EcoSport.
Bingoo I too buy your idea. It's my personal choice to have 2nd car as ES but what can be done we are only 2 members and already have Ertiga :)

When a company is aspirational product, the basic rule is that you can’t change the price too often. Car is still a didn’t become a while consumable product (like mobile) and even if it had, in this range it still a bit aspiration to family.
Now there is 2 reason my vote would go to Ford. First Renault become greedy with Duster, instead of seeing this successful product and make this leaning to other cars, They goes for shortcut, want to make a large profit when the hay is golden
Whereas Ford declare “One Ford” policy and treating India as per there other country. Didn’t budge for shortcut and rush in the product. Ford is not a always white guy, but this time they do a commandable job. Whether the car will be success of not, that feature will tell. But as a pure engineering prospective (I am an engineer) they do a flawless work.

Thread Starter #12
Guys we cannot decide ES is superior than Duster now. Let us wait and watch how well it goes. Duster has proved itself let us give time for ES to roll out in roads let us hear what the users say. Even A buzz was out there for amaze in the market for its FE but now all customers complain on FE. So let us wait and watch
Only thing that will be decided on the long term is maintenance and reliability.However,things like looks,performance,safety,aspirational value etc,can be compared even on the immediate level.

The Ecosport with its features and fantastic pricing is no doubt going to storm the market. After the Fiesta fiasco, Ford has become sensible and the mature indian buyer is going to benefit from it. Renault had the first mover advantage in this section, but instead of consolidating it, they are trying to rip of the customer. This may be yield better results in the shorter run, but once the market senses it, the product is dead. The Renault engine is an absolute gem and with increase in price the company could have provided better interiors and additional features which it failed to do so. By moving first Renault has won the first round, while Ford took the second with its feature packed but sensibly priced ES. Lets see what Renault does?., But whatever it is, the buyer is a King now in its truest sense[clap]

Apart from that how they respect the king does matters and it depends up on the dealer
both Renault and ford has bad dealers, but Renault network has very less dealers comparing to ford.

i made 10 or 15 calls after booking for test drive and they took 12 days for me to sit in the SUV to test drive it - here am talking about Duster @ trident Renault showroom

Ecosport was just introduced and i had a test drive done on the same day i inquired about it, thats @ Metro ford St.Marks Road

We are not in a country of people who only look on looks we are people who look on maintenance and FE. How many of you agree to this point?

Top Bottom