I'm still continuing to hold on to my Creta AT booking and finally decided to visit Tirdent Hyundai to see the Creta in flesh and also do a TD. While the KR Puram outlet did not have an AT for test drive and neither on display, the SA told me to visit their Sankey Tank road showroom for the same.
Now at KR Puram, i go my eyes all around to see it for the first time alive in front of me.
My first impressions:
1. Externally was impressed with the looks and stance, IMO
it does have the looks of an SUV for someone like me whose main ask is for day-to-day usage and couple of highway rides occasionally. The design and appearance are the killer spots for Creta.
2. SX+ interiors are a little disappointing with the dashboard looking too hard in nature. Maybe all the hype around had made my expectations high. Of course it did look good when i compare it to my 2014 City and everything seemed to be of good quality. But nothing that can make anyone feel wow from a car which is worth 17 lacs OTR
3. The beige touch in and around dashboard really looks good and gives a feeling of freshness
4. Seating position is excellent (but still wanted to TD and see the view of the road that i did next day).
5. The high window line on the rear narrows the view, but i did ask my wife (who is 5'4'') to be seated at the back and let me know how it feels, she did not have any complains rather she mentioned of addressing privacy in its own way
6. I did sit and checked the rear space and seemed to be comfortable with sufficient leg room.
7. Boot space was decent (but nothing at all compared to my City, but manageable). While the wheel arches seem to be eating into the boot space.
Overall it felt to be a decent car, is it VFM
?. THe only answer i have been telling most of them, "what better options are available in the same category in AT?", not really to talk much about. I do have heard about Scorpio, but really do not like the boxy feeling (my perception and no offense to any of the existing owners) and neither i'm a hard core off roader. Everything else is beyond my reach!!!!
While wife was impressed with the car, but her final verdict would be after the TD only. So yesterday went to the other showroom as suggested by SA and took the test drive.
1.Firstly i was very happy that i go a chance to TD an AT (since i go my City AT without the same, but have no regrets for the same), but since this time it's going to be a lot of money, i surely needed this one. Did not have to wait for more than 5 mins to start my TD after reaching the showroom, even the SA was over helpful in explaining the features
2. Since i had already seen the interiors, so there was nothing more to expect except to see the ICE and the drive in action
3. Was able to sit comfortably after adjusting the front seat to my liking (I am 5'8).
4. Both of my existing cars are Petrol AT, this was the first time i was getting on a diesel engine. And mark my words, it does not give you a feel of diesel at all, the super refinedness of the engine just makes feel so nice, Hats off to Hyundai on the precision, even my wife said the sound of the car is almost nil. That checks the first box
5. The drive was hardly for 15 mins and in a moderate traffic area; the acceleration was quick and adequate for an AT. No turbo lag as i kicked off from the signal, was able to maneuver the car easily and even taking a U turn was not troublesome (understood that turning radius is 5.3)
6. The steering is really super light, did not have any difficulty to get adjusted, almost felt like i have been driving this one for long.
7. The view from the driver seat was excellent. Felt like a proper SUV
8. NAV seemed accurate (SA informed it to be MapmyIndia one), while the touch sensitivity was excellent, buttons were easily reachable.
8. Audio quality is perfect, indeed more than sufficient for a normal music lover
9. Small potholes were easily taken through, while max i could hit was 80kmph only and the vehicle was sturdy and stable on the road
10. Braking was good and no surprises.
Overall conclusion after the TD:
Wife is happy and has already been saying "your Creta" whenever any discussion of the car comes by, while i do still believe it is overpriced. But will continue to hold my booking and waiting to see/read detailed ownership or test reviews before taking a final call.
During the discussion with SA, he also shared with me the accessories (attached below for everybody’s reference). While the prices are broad day light loot and can be done at much lesser prices outside.