Seven Most Worst Cars in the World: Tata Indica & Mahindra Scorpio Tops

Thread Starter #1
Car and driver has piled a list of 7 worst cars in the world according to them and guess who made it in that list our very own Indica Vista & Mahindra Scorpio pik up
here are the details and go through the link for the full list

Tata Indica Vista

It’s common practice at cheap-car dealerships to disable the odometer—and therefore the speedometer—so new cars never age, so we’re not sure at what velocity the steering wheel began wobbling in this Tata. Whatever our speed, the brakes on the Indica Vista don’t conspire against you, the cabin is quiet, and the engine could be considered civilized. The plasticky interior isn’t much worse than that of a last-gen Toyota Yaris, save for the persistent glue stench and the grease left on our fingers after adjusting the steering column. The clutch pedal feels as stretchy as string cheese, though, and there’s nothing even close to a discernable engagement point. A key point in the Indica’s favor: Its high ride height is a blessing on South Africa’s potholed rural roads. This one’s basically a real car.

Mahindra Scorpio Double cab Pik up

After chatting up a Mahindra salesman in his dead-empty showroom, we figured a quick test drive would be no problem. Sorry, he said, he was too busy being “the only one here.” With his work ethic duly established, we could only perform an informal walk-around of a Scorpio, the pickup that nearly launched in the U.S. during 2011. Now we’re sort of glad it didn’t make the trip to North America. The panel gaps inside and out could accommodate the width of four stacked quarters, the door handles hung loose, and the brush guard looked as if it were welded over a gas grill in some guy’s backyard. And believe us, the boxy, 1980s-style aesthetics that look sort of retro cool in photos are pretty cheesy in person. Mahindra supposedly builds a tough truck, but we’re not sure this model would have found enough buyers here—even at cut-rate prices—to keep it from being swept straight back to India.

Crapcan Central: We Drive Seven of the Worst Cars in the World

What do you feel about this list?

Re: 7 worst cars in the world

And now we have to believe them for saying that.

Indians and Chinese are easy targets. Yet they ignore their own Ford and co.

Re: 7 worst cars in the world

LOL does that mean that the normal Indica is better then the Vista. Damn crazy! Totally unreliable report.

[lol] report. These Westerners are jealous of India & China. Wonder how they forgot Cadillac & Ford in the list. Give this author 2 puffs & 5 ltr of gasoline & see the report change. :P

[lol][lol][lol]

I think they took one of the top selling Indian made Hatchback and made a report without driving the car.

what a funny report !!!

I wish this thread is closed if not deleted. Any matured criticism could have been accepted or discussed up on. But this piece of junk scribbled down by some sadist doesn't deserve any further discussion. A totally worthless blog entry.

If at all this report is written honestly , then he should bash his own government for allowing m & m and Tatas to enter in their market with scorpio and vista.
Answer from govt would be : potholed roads of SA.

Why the hell he is bashing the scorpio without TD? as the TD scorpio was preoccupied at that time.

What do i feel? I see jealousy. None of those cars are crap cans. They are what Ford,Chevrolet,Caddy couldn't do in spite of their best efforts.

And i like how the Cherry QQ3 and Spark are basically the same car inside out but the Cherry makes it to the list while the spark is the greatest around.

The proton looks a fun car to me, a fun car for the masses. Which gas guzzling auto tranny loving americans can never build. And why do they forget almost all cars in GM & Fords arsenal are basically Kia/Daewoo/Subaru.

[lol]

I seems they are not at all happy to accept that India can also make hotsellers like they do and they are definitely jealous of us.
But i think we should take it as complement and keep walking like elephant and let them bark. Trying to recall that famous proverb.

The review is immature. Although he has mentioned plus points of vista.. good brakes.. quiet cabin... better handling in POT HOLED roads....civilised engine..
Had he got TD of Scorpio, he would have a totally different opinion about the Scorpio.
TATA has been present in SA for quite some time. I have seen Xenons at Durban way back in 2006. I dont understand why people look down upon things which are good and at the same time affordable too!

Top Bottom