Mahindra's New Micro SUV Named KUV100

Thread Starter #1
You can read the article on page 2 of link below.

Speculation? but it seem to have moved the gear stick to the dashboard like the premier padmini/fiat & put 3 seats in the front row. Thats weird I thought!

Autocar India - April 2013

But rightly said if they market a 7 seater below 5 lakhs it will set the market upside down for sure!

Re: Mahindra Compact SUV codename S101

Speculation? but it seem to have moved the gear stick to the dashboard like the premier padmini/fiat & put 3 seats in the front row. Thats weird I thought!

But rightly said if they market a 7 seater below 5 lakhs it will set the market upside down for sure!
I think gear stick to the dashboard means maybe something like Honda crv or ritiz or the evalia .
I don't think they will make it like old days which was found in padmini .

Thread Starter #3

I think gear stick to the dashboard means maybe something like Honda crv or ritiz or the evalia .
So maybe like this image below, but still 3 seats in the front including the driver?, will that be even allowed by the authorities/RTO? again its all speculation till it actually comes out!

163_0904_03z+2007_honda_CR-V+interior_view.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

So maybe like this image below, but still 3 seats in the front including the driver?, will that be even allowed by the authorities/RTO? again its all speculation till it actually comes out!
3 seats in front is as silly it can get maybe they are putting a bench there [frustration]. And if they do with something like proper seats then it might be sonething extraordinary achievement.

Re: Mahindra Compact SUV Codenamed S101

India's leading utility vehicle maker is now working on a new compact SUV, which will sit below the recently launched Quanto. Codenamed as Mahindra S101, the new compact SUV is rumoured to be priced as low as Rs 5 lakh, making it the most affordable SUV in India. The Mahindra S 101 was caught testing sometime back, and on the basis of that and the at hand information, Autocar India has rendered the speculative design of the vehicle.
The picture will remind you of the XUV500, it seems to have taken its design cues heavily from the XUV500; however, it will be a sub-4 meter crossover to compete against the likes of Renault Duster and upcoming Ford EcoSport. The report published in a recent edition of Autocar India also claims that the vehicle will also share many features with the premium SUV, the XUV500.
The new Compact Crossover is expected to come both in the petrol and diesel engine options, and likely to be a front-wheel drive crossover. Mahindra is also working on new six-speed gearboxes to be fitted in the engines. So, expect the vehicle to be more of an urban commuting crossover like others in the league. The report further suggests the vehicle to come in a six-seater and an eight-seater capacity version; however, being a sub-4 metre car, an eight-seater version of the same seems doubtable. The Mahindra S101 is a part of M&M's all new range of front-wheel drive (FWD) vehicles, which also includes a sedan and is likely to be launched in years to come.

Mahindra's new Compact SUV S 101 Rendered; to Rival EcoSport and Duster | CarDekho.com

Attachments

WOOW...the rendering looks super cool[clap], atlast Mahindra designers made a cool looking SUV, not the over designing of XUV, not the bunnyness of scorpio, inappropriate proportions of xylo and quanto. Let us hope and pray that the original one will be the same as this.

I feel i should wait few more years before going for an SUV [:)].

Wowwwwwwwwww I liked it , looks nice . But wha is that slit kind of thing near the head lights ? If the design it as it is iam sure this will be a run away hit .

3 seats in front is as silly it can get maybe they are putting a bench there [frustration]. And if they do with something like proper seats then it might be sonething extraordinary achievement.
You can read the article here -

On the second page, they have shown the pics of the dash. M&M has moved the gear lever on the dash like the CRV and i10 and entirely removed the centre console to free up space for one more seat. Thus, this becomes a 6 seater car. I think if you can manage to seat 3 people in the rear seat, it can be possible in the front too, as the width of the car remains the same. Remember the Fiat Panda? However, the car should not be too narrow, else the extra passenger can make the driver uncomfortable.

Whatever be the case, a 6 seater mini SUV does not exist at this price and as far as the rendering goes, this one looks good too. This is being built grounds up on a monocoque chassis, so expect decent ride and handling. Also, being a mahindra, expect lots of features and killer pricing.

It is being said that the 100 bhp engine from the Quanto will be carried over, with a 6 speed transmission. So, there are a lot of good reasons that this vehicle will be accepted well. I also wish that M&M plonks in a 1.2 turbo petrol which is being developed under the "new engine family" by Mahindra.

However, I feel M&M should offer both the 5 seater and the 6 seater variants. The 5 seater can have a centre console with storage spaces and armrests.

Last edited:

Wowwwwwwwwww I liked it , looks nice . But wha is that slit kind of thing near the head lights ? If the design it as it is iam sure this will be a run away hit .
that slit is the same 'slits' we can find in the elder bro 'XUV'. Actually it is a design cue taken from real cheetah-'the black line running from eye downwards'-which actually makes the animal looks aggressive.Same thing army guys use to paint before any operation. check out the pics

Attachments

that slit is the same 'slits' we can find in the elder bro 'XUV'. Actually it is a design cue taken from real cheetah-'the black line running from eye downwards'-which actually makes the animal looks aggressive.Same thing army guys use to paint before any operation. check out the pics
To be honest it looks seriously off beat and dosent gel with the overall desgin .

I liked the overall desgin a lot but those slits looks as if its a huge scratch caused by some biker [;)]

To be honest it looks seriously off beat and dosent gel with the overall desgin .

I liked the overall desgin a lot but those slits looks as if its a huge scratch caused by some biker [;)]
+1, I always felt Mahindra cars are always over designed[frustration]. sorry for going OT.

ICB has put rendering of the rear. looks like its Rexton inspired than XUV.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ah !! that rear design is very good !! hope Mahindra come out with such design for XUV in future as the rear design was the let down in present XUV for me

even the range rover had similar rear lighting scheme as the XUV so i dont know how rear of the XUV was a disappointment.

to each his own i guess.

Top Bottom