DC Customized Isuzu Lounge

Thread Starter #1
Based on the Isuzu minibus platfrom, DC Design delivers a superb customised lounge experience for the hotshots of the business world who want a complete mobile home-office on the road

For those seriously upwardly mobile, there are very few sets of wheels that can provide an off the shelf solution for their long distance travel needs. Obviously, a luxury car is an option, but the limitations of the cabin really hinder the ability to actually get some work done on the road. That’s why you see so many film stars and businesspersons going in for customised luxury buses and when it comes to customisation, the final word is Dilip Chhabria, whose Pune based firm, DC Design, has been churning out some really outstanding personalised buses for the past few years.

But while a large Volvo or Mercedes-Benz might be right up a big movie star’s alley, it certainly is a little impractical and let’s not forget, pompous, for a businessperson. So to meet this demand, which has been steadily climbing in recent years, DC Design now offers the Isuzu Lounge. True to the firm’s well-established ‘Lounge’ concept, this new bus based on the Isuzu IS12TE chassis features a typically DC-fashioned central lounge. This area comes replete with four captain’s chairs around a central table, acting like a conference room of sorts, as well as a sofa to seat a few additional persons. But to make the Isuzu Lounge a true road warrior, it also features a separate bedroom with a 6.5’ x 4’ bed, a full wardrobe as well as a complete entertainment system featuring a 32” LED 3D TV. And that’s not all. The bus comes equipped with a fully functioning bathroom which not only has a toilet, but a shower as well.

The advantages the DC Isuzu Lounge offers are manifold. First of all, the relatively short 8.5m long chassis allows access to places a massive Volvo simply would not fit in. The relative low buying cost of Rs 14 lakh for the chassis is another benefit. And when you consider the significantly improved comfort afforded by the optional air suspension kit, the Isuzu Lounge is a winning combination. Such luxury doesn’t come cheap though, as the whole modification of the bus can cost upwards of Rs 45 lakh, depending on what options you choose. But for those who can afford it, it truly is a home-office away from home.

Small in size, Big in luxury - DC Isuzu Lounge review| ZigWheels.com

Attachments

Re: DC Isuzu Lounge

I did not expect a DC van to almost beat those american Rvs. Wow this is just amazing.
Although it still looks cheap from outside,its the best from their line up yet.

Thread Starter #3

Even i feel that this is their best product yet, but i wonder why Isuzu and why not a minibus from our homegrown manufacturers?

If I were an automobile, I would be as frightened and as unwilling to go to DC for my customization as a bakra (male goat) is while going to the abbatoir.

Though he does the interiors pretty well, I dont understand why he suddenly assumes a joking mood while designing the exteriors.

Wonder how Coca-Cola guys missed out including DC in their latest ad: "Haan haan main crazy hoon!"

Based on the Isuzu minibus platfrom, DC Design delivers a superb customised lounge experience for the hotshots of the business world who want a complete mobile home-office on the road

For those seriously upwardly mobile, there are very few sets of wheels that can provide an off the shelf solution for their long distance travel needs. Obviously, a luxury car is an option, but the limitations of the cabin really hinder the ability to actually get some work done on the road. That’s why you see so many film stars and businesspersons going in for customised luxury buses and when it comes to customisation, the final word is Dilip Chhabria, whose Pune based firm, DC Design, has been churning out some really outstanding personalised buses for the past few years.

But while a large Volvo or Mercedes-Benz might be right up a big movie star’s alley, it certainly is a little impractical and let’s not forget, pompous, for a businessperson. So to meet this demand, which has been steadily climbing in recent years, DC Design now offers the Isuzu Lounge. True to the firm’s well-established ‘Lounge’ concept, this new bus based on the Isuzu IS12TE chassis features a typically DC-fashioned central lounge. This area comes replete with four captain’s chairs around a central table, acting like a conference room of sorts, as well as a sofa to seat a few additional persons. But to make the Isuzu Lounge a true road warrior, it also features a separate bedroom with a 6.5’ x 4’ bed, a full wardrobe as well as a complete entertainment system featuring a 32” LED 3D TV. And that’s not all. The bus comes equipped with a fully functioning bathroom which not only has a toilet, but a shower as well.

The advantages the DC Isuzu Lounge offers are manifold. First of all, the relatively short 8.5m long chassis allows access to places a massive Volvo simply would not fit in. The relative low buying cost of Rs 14 lakh for the chassis is another benefit. And when you consider the significantly improved comfort afforded by the optional air suspension kit, the Isuzu Lounge is a winning combination. Such luxury doesn’t come cheap though, as the whole modification of the bus can cost upwards of Rs 45 lakh, depending on what options you choose. But for those who can afford it, it truly is a home-office away from home.

Small in size, Big in luxury - DC Isuzu Lounge review| ZigWheels.com
Awesome luxury minibus. This might be a stupid question from my part. But my stupid question is does Isuzu have service network in India. Even if you have all luxury if the vehicle breaks down and you can't repair it then what the meaning in spending upwards of half a crore?

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom