Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk Automatic and SLE 4WD. Available Again?

Thread Starter #1
Mahindra Scorpio m-HAWK Automatic, now available again?[confused][clap]

Road-Armour-bumpers_big.gif

I just happened to bump in to this piece of news on the relaunching of Mahindra Scorpio AT.

Usually new Ads for an already existing car or two wheeler in India is meant to reignite the interest around the product or highlight a new feature or offer that might have been introduced in the product. In case of the Scorpio’s latest ad, the takeaway is the mention of the Scorpio being available with an automatic gearbox. For a while now, Mahindra had stopped producing the automatic gearbox equipped Scorpio due to difficulties in sourcing the 6 speed automatic gearbox. Now though, the sourcing issues seem to have been sorted out. So, the Scorpio’s automatic variant might be on the verge of being relaunched.
source: [Video] Watch the uncut version of the Mahindra Scorpio SUV Ad before its TV debut - Indian Cars Bikes

When I cross checked it with the official Mahindra Scorpio website, it does show the availability of Automatic variants in both 2WD and 4WD.

scor AT 1.jpg

Modified Mahindra Scorpio | SUV Automatic | 4 Wheel Drive Auto

The pricing too looks very reasonable for AT+ 4WD options,IMHO. Around 11.5L for 2WD AT and around 12.5 for 4WD AT.[clap]

TAIns in India,please confirm this.[:)]

Last edited:
Re: Mahindra Scorpio m-HAWK Automatic, now available again?

Looks good IMO. The best part I found about AT version is.

6 speed fully electronic automatic transmission
Just one question, Does this have 4L or 4H or it is full time 4WD?

deville_56

Honoured Member

4x4 Auto is great. How about servicing auto's at M&M ASS??

M&M closing every gap Tata can gain.

Thread Starter #4

Just one question, Does this have 4L or 4H or it is full time 4WD?
For that,one has to visit a Mahindra dealer which has the 4WD AT variant to be able to say anything with credibilty.

But at this price a 6-speed AT transmission on this proven SUV with other no nonsense features make it a stronger contender in its territory. Even the upgraded Toyota Fortuner which costs twice as this,comes only with a 5-speed ATT and also it doesn’t have AT in 4WD,I guess.

4x4 Auto is great. How about servicing auto's at M&M ASS??
Hope they have had their homeworks done thoroughly this time.

Last edited:

I have a 4x4 automatic Scorpio in my apartment will ask him his review and update here .

Scorpio is proven for its manual gear box and not for a 6 speed at box .

The previous at box many had some complaints with it.

The new one is from Bosch and its undergoing testing since mahindra can't anymore get the one from the previous suppliers .

https://www.google.com/search?q=pro...tomatic&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

Consumer complaints and reviews about Mahindra Scorpio Automatic

http://www.complaintboard.in/complaints-reviews/mahindra-scorpio-automatic-l70504.html

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7

@Raja
The previous at box many had some complaints with it.
Consumer complaints and reviews about Mahindra Scorpio Automatic.
The efforts went in to dig in to the past specifically with the intention to search for problems associated with Scorpio AT is very much appreciated.[clap]
Thanks to Google link which in fact lead us, the readers, to some ownership reviews where real world owners expressed their satisfaction, happiness and experience owning the Scorpio AT along with various niggles faced by some of them.

Talking about the other link, where people did post certain complaints, especially on certain consumer complaint forums, let readers decide the credibility and usefulness of some of the comments posted there.

Also thanks for getting me to read this Test drive review by bsmotoring, published way back on October 19, 2008.

Mahindra Scorpio mHawk Automatic - Geared Up

In the past, there were delays in the delivery of AT variants. They, reportedly, had a few issues in sourcing the AT box from the Australian Drivetrain Systems International, as it went bankrupt in 2009.In fact it was the same company[DSI] which supplied four-speed and six-speed automatic transmissions to Ford, Chrysler and SSangyong Motor Corp as well.

Read more:
Mahindra to discontinue Scorpio automatic | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice
Mahindra Testing 4WD Automatic Scorpio | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

But going in line with the thread, we will need TD reviews on the current AT 2013 models.

The new one is from Bosch and its undergoing testing since mahindra can't anymore get the one from the previous suppliers .
If they are sourcing the new AT box from Bosch, they seem to have sorted out that aspect.[roll]

I have a 4x4 automatic Scorpio in my apartment will ask him his review and update here .
Please post some pictures as well to compare it with the newer AT versions[2013 models]once we get them. if it is the 2013 model,can't ask more [clap]

@all
If any one can throw more lights on the newer AT variants [2013 models], please do it here.

Last edited:

=manojodungat;270595]@Raja
The efforts went in to dig in to the past specifically with the intention to search for problems associated with Scorpio AT is very much appreciated.
Can you please explain what do you mean ?
Thanks to Google link which in fact lead us, the readers, to some ownership reviews where real world owners expressed their satisfaction, happiness and experience owning the Scorpio AT along with various niggles faced by some of them.
The point was the AT box in the Scorpio was not completely stable in the beingning . And one can read themselves the niggles associated with it .
Talking about the other link, where people did post certain complaints, especially on certain consumer complaint forums, let readers decide the credibility and usefulness of some of the comments posted there.
Yes and that consumer complaint forum dosent only have scorpio but many cars and many variety of topics . So you are right readers can really read and find if the forum helps or not .
Also thanks for getting me to read this Test drive review by bsmotoring, published way back on October 19, 2008.
You are welcome .
[

In the past, there were delays in the delivery of AT variants. They, reportedly, had a few issues in sourcing the AT box from the Australian Drivetrain Systems International, as it went bankrupt in 2009.In fact it was the same company[DSI] which supplied four-speed and six-speed automatic transmissions to Ford, Chrysler and SSangyong Motor Corp as well.
And what does that prove ?

But going in line with the thread, we will need TD reviews on the current AT 2013 models.
But they are undergoing test right now .

If they are sourcing the new AT box from Bosch, they seem to have sorted out that aspect.[roll]
Really ? Same Bosch also gave brakes 3 times for xuv remember ? [cry]. The point is let mahindra do the testing iam sure this time they will take much more efforts and a cautious approach .

Please post some pictures as well to compare it with the newer AT versions[2013 models]once we get them. if it is the 2013 model,can't ask more [clap]
Yesterday evening itself I went to the owners house but he was not there and then I came pretty late home in night . I will try and do today .

EDIT- @Manoj

here are the pics as i promised , i went down to check if the car is there and it was, my neighbour who owns the scorpio AT was not home but i will ask him for sure for his and his drivers review also .

if iam not mistaken his car is not that old .

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9

Can you please explain what do you mean ?
Just because the link provided by you was simply a google search on “problems with scorpio automatic”.It is good to know various problems/niggles the previous model came with as well.

Really ? Same Bosch also gave brakes 3 times for xuv remember ? [cry]. The point is let mahindra do the testing iam sure this time they will take much more efforts and a cautious approach .
Does that make Bosch an inferior make? The brake noise in XUV doesn’t necessarily prove Bosch brake pads of low quality. It probably should have to be more to do with its compatibility with other related components.
Lets not make any generalization here.
Raja,let us not go further OT here and instead wait for any updates on the current AT box and its performance.

But they are undergoing test right now .
BTW,Is there any update on the current availability of the AT variants ? If they just testing it shouldn’t be open to booking. But the web site has AT variants listed.

@Manoj

here are the pics as i promised , i went down to check if the car is there and it was, my neighbour who owns the scorpio AT was not home but i will ask him for sure for his and his drivers review also .
Thanks a lot for the pictures buddy.
You truly are a super auto enthusiast and an asset to this wonderful forum of ours[clap][clap]

if iam not mistaken his car is not that old .
Please confirm it especially wrt the gear box make and of course ownership experience so far.

=
manojodungat;270682]J
just because the link provided by you was simply a google search on “problems with scorpio automatic”.It is good to know various problems/niggles the previous model came with as well.
[
I knew for sure that it had some problems for example

"The Scorpio AT has a very nice 6-speed automatic transmission. But, yes, there are some issues with it. For one, the oil cooler for the transmission is placed at the front of the vehicle, and there have been known to be leaks in the hoses connecting it. Also, at low speeds the transmission sometimes keeps shifting between gears - you need to then blip the accelerator pedal for it to settle down. If you can keep checking the hoses etc from time to time, basically be diligent in preventive maintenance, then it's a very convenient vehicle to own."

Source-
Are there issues with the Scorpio AT’s transmission? | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice

I knew that because we were trying actually to buy one for my friend last year and our mahindra dealer friend from amravati ( maharashtra ) suggested us not go for it . Hence my friend eventually bought a manual one .

I was not trying to degrade the Scorpio , I was just putting a point across that the AT was not as stable as the manual one in the beginning .

And I have really good friends who are related to mahindra , actually I might get a better support if I buy a mahindra car .

Just because I debate against the Scorpio or xuv seriously dosent mean I support others and hate mahindra . The debate is allways about the car in question and not the car maker or the owners of the car .

BTW,Is there any update on the current availability of the AT variants ? If they just testing it shouldn’t be open to booking. But the web site has AT variants listed.
Last I know was they had stopped the production . But incase they are testing then I wonder how they have listed it . My dealer friend from Amravati is in not in India right now I can ask him and give you exact updates once he comes back .

Thanks a lot for the pictures buddy.
You truly are a super auto enthusiast and an asset to this wonderful forum of ours[clap][clap]
So are you too , and that connects all of us inspite of difference of opinions at times .

Please confirm it especially wrt the gear box make and of course ownership experience so far.
I will for sure .

re: Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk Automatic and SLE 4WD. Available?

MAHINDRA DEALERS: SCORPIO AUTOMATIC SUV EQUIPPED WITH BOSCH GEARBOX NOW AVAILABLE ACROSS INDIA

A while ago, many Mahindra dealers across India stopped taking bookings for the automatic gearbox equipped Scorpio SUV. The pause in bookings reflected the trouble that Mahindra was facing when it came to sourcing the automatic gearbox from Drivetrain Systems International(DSI) Australia, an transmission maker from whom Mahindra used to source the 6 speed automatic gearbox for the Scorpio Automatic. DSI has now been acquired by Geely, a Chinese automaker. Mahindra, for its part, has turned to German auto parts giant Bosch, for sourcing an automatic transmission for the Scorpio. This development was confirmed to Team ICB by multiple Mahindra dealers who also state that bookings for the Scorpio Automatic are now on.

Mahindra dealers: Scorpio Automatic SUV equipped with Bosch gearbox now available across India - Indian Cars Bikes

Thread Starter #12

MAHINDRA DEALERS: SCORPIO AUTOMATIC SUV EQUIPPED WITH BOSCH GEARBOX NOW AVAILABLE ACROSS INDIA
Nice find visran.

I like this in particular.[clap]
DSI has now been acquired by Geely, a Chinese automaker. Mahindra, for its part, has turned to German auto parts giant Bosch, for sourcing an automatic transmission for the Scorpio.

Some time back ACI had reported that Mahindra is in talks with Hyundai for an AT gear box for both Mahindra and Ssangyong products, wonder what happened to that and i wonder why they chose Bosch for an AT gearbox.
Can't Bosch supply an AT box for the transverse engine layout for XUV?

Top Bottom