Toyota Brings Refreshed Etios (Liva & Sedan) Versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
One more update (off topic), Toyota is launching the facelifted liva by 10th march.

Upgrades will include,
1. Better NVH
2. Better quality ODO meter
3. Integrated indicators in side mirrors
4. Better seats
5. Driver side seat height adjust

Note -- I got this update from Sales personnel. The cars will reach the showrooms by 3rd March 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Toyota Kirloskar To Set Up 3rd Plant in Bangalore

I heard that they would be launching the Liva 1.5 soon (by April 2013). Is this facelift going to be on Liva 1.2?

I am not sure if these are enough. Toyota has taken the Indian market for granted. When the Europeans, ford, and hyundai are launching global models, Toyota launches made for india product. Now that is fine if they maintain the quality of a global product (after all its Q class). Add to it Toyota wants to concentrate on the strengthening of Etios brand for the next couple of years and has no plans for any new product. If they continue this way I am sure they are going to lose out. Agree toyota is a reliable brand but their approach to safety cannot be accepted, even the 20 odd lakh fortuner is pathetic on this front. I don't know if Etios can even score 3 stars in a Euro NCAP.

I am not sure if these are enough. Toyota has taken the Indian market for granted.
At times I really feel irritated with such comments, not because I am an Etios owner, but because I purchased Etios and not Toyota Etios.

Maruti - Most flimsy body sheet. Ace model Swift (along with each and every other model) develops rattles within a year.

Hyundai - Not even a single fuel efficient car specially in petrol, overpriced and A$$ follows replace and not repair motto.

Tata - Lesser said the better.

Fiat - Few of the most common spares take 2-3 weeks to arrive, customer's car keeps eating dust in the service center.

Honda - Think they are GODS and can price their models at whatever price they wish to.

Now, doesn't these things too qualify for "customer being taken for granted"?? Then why bash Toyota only and for that matter Etios only.

Yes, manufacturers are making so called Global models, but making an India specific model is that bad, really? All those complaining about seats, comfort, dashboard should first sit and enjoy the rush an Etios gives and I'am sure half of the complains would be down the drain as soon as you step out of the car.

freakdude.

Last edited:

Agree that most manufacturers if not all have taken the indian market for granted in one way or the other. Since this is the Etios thread I took the opportunity to bash Toyota. What I wanted to point out was, while some others are at least trying to up their game Toyota are being lethargic.

1. Toyota's approach to safety (look at camry with 2 aribags, fortuner with brake issues) is not acceptable. Leave India, globally too their safety standards are falling behind others.

2. their plan not to launch new products for the next couple of years is also in the wrong direction.

I am not against India specific models. I have sat in the Etios and I can say the seat comfort, NVH, dashboard design all display evident cost cutting. I personally don't think this is a Q class product. I don't think the cost is justified for what they are providing. Its only because the brand image that they are able to sell it in decent numbers.

I see complacency at Toyota and that is what I was trying to highlight. I think, any manufacturer would suffer if they follow this approach in a growing market like ours.

If I have hurt the sentiments of someone I am sorry.

Agree that most manufacturers if not all have taken the indian market for granted in one way or the other. Since this is the Etios thread I took the opportunity to bash Toyota. What I wanted to point out was, while some others are at least trying to up their game Toyota are being lethargic.
1. Toyota's approach to safety (look at camry with 2 aribags (It has 6 airbags), fortuner with brake issues (Only the initial batch had this, later ones had bigger and better disks) is not acceptable. Leave India, globally too their safety standards are falling behind others.
2. their plan not to launch new products for the next couple of years is also in the wrong direction. Launching new models can have different meanings for different people. Manufacturers launch more models to get more market share, but if a manufacturer is doing quite well then they might opt not to release more models. Moreover, Toyota would be wanting to come out of the losses it suffered during the floods and then plan an expansion.
I am not against India specific models. I have sat in the Etios and I can say the seat comfort, NVH, dashboard design all display evident cost cutting. I personally don't think this is a Q class product. I don't think the cost is justified for what they are providing. Its only because the brand image that they are able to sell it in decent numbers. Agreed to some extent. But at the same time the driving dynamics are fully taken care of with superb braking even in the non-abs model, ribbed roof to add safety in an alternate way, amazing in-cabin spacing. Well these too are needed bro apart from good looking dashboards. I am not trying to defend Toyota or Etios in any way buddy, please don't misunderstand me. It's just that every car manufacturer does the same things in one way or the other.
I see complacency at Toyota and that is what I was trying to highlight. I think, any manufacturer would suffer if they follow this approach in a growing market like ours.
If I have hurt the sentiments of someone I am sorry.
Please see my comments in bold. Also, you might like to read this : Toyota is once again the No. 1 car manufacturer in the world - News | TopGear.com.ph

freakdude.

Last edited:

@freakdude
Camry has 2 airbags (Toyota - Camry Specification), Fortuner break issue has been somewhat rectified, but a 2 ton car with rear drum set up. I wouldn't call it brilliant. Moreover in the recent update they put ABS in every model, Previously that was optional, a >20L car without ABS, Sorry I can't call it innovation or Q class.
For Ethos - Driving dynamics can't compensate safety, interior or a missing rubber gasket, ribbed roof and good breaks are provided in the competitors car also, but they also manage to provide a livable interior or NVH,
One more exp - Corola D with 78 bhp engine, A D segment car with <100 bhp engine, only Toyota can do that,
I can go on and on with those example, but leave this here only and I don't like to bash any manufacture.
PS - It doesn't matter what is the car manufacture position in world level, I care what are the offering available to India only.

Totally respect your viewpoint. Maybe we both have different perspectives on what we are being offered for the money we are spending. [:)]

freakdude.

Re: Toyota Etios Liva Hatchback Starting Price Rs.3.99 Lakhs

^^To clarify
I also have total respect to your viewpoint, I am just talking about my opinion. So please no hard feeling.
I am happily agreeing to the disagreement.[:)]

Totally respect your viewpoint. Maybe we both have different perspectives on what we are being offered for the money we are spending. [:)]
But the issue is Toyota is giving too less for not so less price in the case of Etios.

Guys - I agree to all of your viewpoints. But looking forward, am eagerly awaiting to see the refreshed Etios liva in march as posted in some threads. The major changes expected are - Improved NVH levels, better seats (i have no issues with the current seats either. I feel very comfortable in those inspite of being 6.3 inches tall), better interior plastic quality and some other minor changes..

Looking forward to these changes.

@freakdude
Camry has 2 airbags (Toyota - Camry Specification), Fortuner break issue has been somewhat rectified, but a 2 ton car with rear drum set up. I wouldn't call it brilliant. Moreover in the recent update they put ABS in every model, Previously that was optional, a >20L car without ABS, Sorry I can't call it innovation or Q class.
For Ethos - Driving dynamics can't compensate safety, interior or a missing rubber gasket, ribbed roof and good breaks are provided in the competitors car also, but they also manage to provide a livable interior or NVH,
One more exp - Corola D with 78 bhp engine, A D segment car with <100 bhp engine, only Toyota can do that,
I can go on and on with those example, but leave this here only and I don't like to bash any manufacture.
PS - It doesn't matter what is the car manufacture position in world level, I care what are the offering available to India only.
I completely agree to you buddy on many of your points. But the moot point here is all car manufacturers have different objectives and goals with each product they launch. And from Toyota's POV - its giving a practical, comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient car in every segment. So going by this logic, if you compare Toyota cars with their competitors in their respective segments, they are definitely achieving it. Take any segment for example and you will find that Toyota cars are the most reliable and fuel efficient cars. Be it camry, corolla, Innova, frontrunner or Etios and liva.

You cannot make a european built car or an I20 and expect fuel efficiency. That's the reason the average fuel efficiency of a petrol polo and I20 comes around 10-11 km/litre. And these cars are targeted at the higher middle classes are rich classes in the motros. Toyota Etios liva is not targeting such population at all.

If you see the liva GSP model - with Airbags, ABS with EBD, power of 80bhp and the best power/weight ratio in the segment, this is the cheapest hatchback B2 segment car available iwth all these features. And there are takers for this car and that's the reason its doing decently in sales, if not great.

And talking about safety and built quality, Alto can be dashed completely even if a speeding cycle hits it. But why is it selling so highly? because of its price and maruti serive reliability and also considering the fact that in India, you have a huge chunck of population in the tier 2 and tier 3 cities (also many in tier 1) for whom Alto is a dream car to start with.

There's a video scoop in youtube on the new liva. The dealer's logo is also present which indicates that it might be available soon. I liked the new audio system and there are rumours of door rubber beading to be provided as well - this is not clear from the video. If that is given, I would eagerly look forward it can be fitted in existing etios' cars. This might aid in reducing dust accumulation in door frames and external noise to an extent.

Thread Starter #14

Yes there are door beading. However not sure of '118 changes' though. Also good to see head restraints, good NVH and driver side seat height adjust. Waiting to see the proper odometer than the sticker one. The launch is 9th or 10th March. Dealers have started accepting bookings as well.

Yes there are door beading. However not sure of '118 changes' though. Also good to see head restraints, good NVH and driver side seat height adjust. Waiting to see the proper odometer than the sticker one. The launch is 9th or 10th March. Dealers have started accepting bookings as well.
Do you know if the changes are for the sedan as well? Good to see that Toyota is bringing these changes and has the intent to improve the sales.

In some Livas, I have noted black colour for the armrest on the doors, which looks much better than the silver coloures ones in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom