Maruti Suzuki Temporarily Stops Production of Petrol Cars at Gurgaon Plant

Thread Starter #1
Guys, Shocking news from Maruti:
Almost all the Malayalam news channels reporting a breaking news that Maruti Suzuki has decided to stop production of petrol cars due to decreasing demand from Indian buyers.
I was wondering if they can stop production of hot cakes like Wagon R and Alto selling more than 10000 per month. Since this was reported as a breaking news, no more details are available. I guess they will stop only those models have both petrol and diesel versions.

Re: Breaking News: Maruti stops production of Petrol Cars for a period of time.

Guys, Shocking news from Maruti:
Almost all the Malayalam news channels reporting a breaking news that Maruti Suzuki has decided to stop production of petrol cars due to decreasing demand from Indian buyers.
It is just for one day[tomorrow] at Gurgaon plant only.
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MRTI.NS) will suspend production of petrol cars at one of its plants on Saturday, a company executive said, as the country's top car maker looks to cut inventory amid slowing sales.
Maruti to halt Gurgaon petrol car production on Saturday | Reuters

Maruti to halt production of petrol-run cars at Gurgaon plant tomorrow - NDTVProfit.com

I dont believe this news even if its been reported on channels as no company would stop the production of petrol variants any given day,rather they are still selling the petrol variants in same good numbers taking from base range vehicles,New Alto,alto K10,WagonR,Swift sisters and ertiga all are selling in good numbers.

Just saw the post by manoj, so its to slow down production and to clear off the inventory already pilled up.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4

I was wondering how they could take such a decision.

Though it is in Malayalam, the below link says the shut-down will be effective from Saturday onwards

Link
Asianet News -

Even I too saw it in one of the malayalam news channel. I was shocked to read that. I knew that there was something fishy in it!
Thanks for confirming manojodungat! [thumbsup]

Guys as per Asianet news(the above link) due to the Petrol Price hike people are not buying petrol cars and it shows a 15% less on sales than the year before.
So the company has decided to shut down the production of petrol cars from tomorrow.
It also says that it is not possible to shut down for a long period as Suzuki may not allow to do so.
But as for now the production stops from tomorrow.
It also says that the company has a stock in hand to sell for the coming month.

Asianet is one of the top Channels back here.

Last edited:
Guys as per Asianet news(the above link) due to the Petrol Price hike people are not buying petrol cars and it shows a 15% less on sales than the year before.
So the company has decided to shut down the production of petrol cars from tomorrow.
It also says that it is not possible to shut down for a long period as Suzuki may not allow to do so.
But as for now the production stops from tomorrow.
It also says that the company has a stock in hand to sell for the coming month.

Asianet is one of the top Channels back here.
But all other online news websites are stating that its only for one day (Saturday).
I believe the news which is spread over by all the malayalam news if false.

Top Bottom