Confirmed: VW Developing Sub-Four Metre Vento

Thread Starter #1
VW has confirmed that it is developing a sub-four-metre Vento for the Indian market. “This is one possibility we are looking at,” said Ulrich Hackenberg, R&D chief at Volkswagen.

The sub-four-metre Vento will compete with the Honda Amaze and Maruti Swift Dzire and VW is hoping that the compact Vento will bring additional sales.

VW is unlikely to launch the compact Vento, which is being developed by VW India’s R&D team in Chakan, before 2014. VW's strategy is to try and maximise the Polo/Vento (PQ25) platform as much as possible by developing other body styles for segments where it is absent. A compact SUV and even an MPV based on the PQ25 platforms are also being considered.

SCOOP! VW developing sub-four-metre Vento | News | Autocar India

Re: VW developing sub-four-metre Vento

I do not understand the craze for manufacturers to go for sub 4m Sedans. VW Polo itself in 3970 mm and Vento is 4384mm in length.

How can you squeeze in a new car in 30mm.

Lets see how they design it.

Cheers,
Anshuman

Exactly anshuman that was i was thinking that polo itself is almost 4 meters mark how would they squeeze a boot there,or maybe redesign the polo itself with a boot to make it between polo and vento.

Thread Starter #4

I do not understand the craze for manufacturers to go for sub 4m Sedans. VW Polo itself in 3970 mm and Vento is 4384mm in length.
Even i am wondering that how can VW bring Vento under 4M

Polo is almost 4 metres, how are they going to make a sedan out of it. Smaller engine bay or cramped interiors?

I am unsure whether the sedan craze is still here in India, I know dezire is selling, but it has all lots of good points to offer, not just a notch on hatchback.
Let wait and see how market response to this, till then VW a good luck wishes for you

Sub-4 metre vento will not look good
It kills typical look of sedan
See indigo cs it seems stupidity
They can make a good hatchback instead of cs

Making cs versions of models from companies like vw will not make sense
Its pure german
Vw leave it is as the things are

AMG

Suspended
Volkswagen Vento-based compact sedan

Volkswagen is considering filling the gap between the Polo and Vento with a sedan-ised version of the Polo. Based on the same platform, the new compact sedan will have the same cabin space as the hatchback. The design, however, is expected to be a challenge and it’s not going to be easy to tack on a boot on the 3,971mm long Polo and keep it under 4m long.

Factfile
Coming: 2016
Est price: Rs 4.5- 8 lakh
Engine(s): 1.2 turbo petrol, 1.5 diesel
Rivals: Maruti Dzire, Honda Amaze, Hyundai Xcent, Tata Zest

Source: Autocar India

Re: Volkswagen Vento-based compact sedan

the new compact sedan will have the same cabin space as the hatchback.
Scratching my head how VW is getting it done from the day I heard this news. Very much eager to understand the way they integrate the boot to almost 4m Polo or reduce the length of Vento to 4m.

PS: We do have an existing thread on this subject
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-news/12037-confirmed-vw-developing-sub-four-metre-vento.html

AMG

Suspended
Re: Volkswagen Vento-based compact sedan

Scratching my head how VW is getting it done from the day I heard this news. Very much eager to understand the way they integrate the boot to almost 4m Polo or reduce the length of Vento to 4m.

PS: We do have an existing thread on this subject
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-news/12037-confirmed-vw-developing-sub-four-metre-vento.html
My bad. Though in my defence I would like to add that it didnt show up in the search results when i searched for "Vento compact sedan"

Edit: I think they will go for a Verito Vibe style notchback configuration.

Vento-based sub-four-meter sedan to benefit from locally assembled 1.5 TDI

The sub compact Vento will use the tax-friendly engine options like a 1.2-litre petrol and the new 1.5-litre diesel from the current Polo and Vento range. The 1.5 TDI is now being assembled locally at the new engine plant in Chakan near Pune. The local assembly will allow VW to further reduce production costs for its upcoming sedan and push it closer to achieving a competitive price tag.

Expect the price range to lie in the Rs 5.5 to 10 lakhs.

Vento-based Sub-four Metre Sedan To Benefit From Locally Assembled 1.5 TDI

Sub 4 meter Vento but how it possible [surprise]
VW is developing an India specific sub 4m Vento. Design has progressed and is in its final stage of development and will have a different look than the Vento.
Launch will be in Q4 2015 or early 2016.
Here is a rendered pic by ACI posted sometime back.
0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_ExtraImages_20140716032749_resizedvento.jpg

Last edited:
i think they are modify the PQ25 platform(based on Volkswagen Group A0 platform) to built this CS car not exactly Based on VENTO they may have chance to shortening the front end and wheel base of the car to get proper sub 4meter sedan

Top Bottom