Pay & Zoom – A Brand New Self-Drive Service in Bangalore

Thread Starter #1
Pay & Zoom –a brand new self-drive service in Bangalore

Zoom is the brand new, membership-based, hyper-local self-drive service that allows individuals to hire cars by the hour or by the day. Zoom has vehicles at the Brigade Gateway complex in Malleshwaram with more locations on the cards.

Which cars to zoom around
cars-new.png
Zoom offers Ford Figos and Mahindra Scorpios.As they expand, likes of BMW and Electric Vehicles will be added to the list, according to them. You can take Zoom vehicles anywhere in India as each vehicle comes equipped with an All India Permit.

Become a member, register and Zoom

Zoom says, its easy to become a member. One can also use their mobile app (droid or iPhone). Just make an account with your contact information and upload a photo of your driver's license. Once completed, you're officially ready to make a reservation. Zoom requires either an Indian driver's license or an International Driver's Permit (IDP). You must be 21 or older to join Zoom.

Log on to the reservation system or use their easy to use android and iPhone apps! Just select the type of car you want, the location you want to pick it up, and the start and end time for your reservation. There is no maximum reservation period and the minimum reservation period is one hour

Zoom accepts credit or debit card payments. All payments are made in advance through their website or mobile app. No cash or net banking available.

What’s included?

• Fuel
  • Insurance
  • Maintenance
  • Taxes
  • 7 inch Droid-enabled tablet device and will be powered with the latest in-car software from MapmyIndia.

source:
Zoom

More useful links:
Zoom (Self-Drive Car Club in Bangalore) | LinkedIn
Zoom's launch Day I | Bangalore
https://gust.com/c/zoomcar

Last edited:
Re: Pay & Zoom –a brand new self-drive service in Bangalore

This is a new trend and interesting initiative. The website says - launching soon and they are based out of Vittal Mallya road which is where my office is. So shall check out once they are functional [:D]

Their tariffs are pretty attractive I feel (considering the fact it includes fuel) - Figo : Hourly Rs199 / Daily Rs 1,999 & Scorpio: Hourly Rs 249 / Daily Rs 2,499. The tariff is upto 150 kms per day; but this 150 kms per day limit is waived off as initial promotion.

Last edited:
This is super cheap considering the fact that fuel is included in the tariff. I just hope they are offering the car for destinations like ladakh/leh.
Earlier Avis used to offer self drive facility to Ladakh/Leh but for some reasons they discontinued the service. If i am not wrong the tariff for Pajero too was 2500 (though it was excluding the fuel).

This is just too good to be true.... im going to check this out

There are times when you cant take your car out for XYZ reasons, this a superb deal

Re: Pay & Zoom – A Brand New Self-Drive Service in Bangalore

A very good initiative and business model.[clap] We have to see how much viable it would be in longer run.

IMO, they should quickly add a fleet on Nanos so women can rent them to drive. Better for them than haggling in autos and bmtc.

:offtopic: my 100th post.

Cheers,
Anshuman

I guess Superbad intended to say Owner= Zoom or any individual who has leased the car to Zoom (e.g. FastTrack Call Taxi model).

Cheers,
Anshuman

I guess Superbad intended to say Owner= Zoom or any individual who has leased the car to Zoom (e.g. FastTrack Call Taxi model).

Cheers,
Anshuman
In that case they might have some mechanism to track it down. And as it is why should I concern about it. I just rent a car and enjoy it. It's their (zoom) concern. [;)]

how they provide fuel if anyone hire for a week ?

Say ford figo for week 12k which companies milage quota 1300km/week.

How user get that much fuel if he decides to take the car beyond bangalore or different states ?

you can fill up yourself, take receipt from fuel pump and they will reimburse it. They have cheat proof technologies can easily know how much you poured in car. so no fake fills..

All that I know is he is minting money providing these vehicles. There's a pickup depot near my home and I don't see the vehicles parked and waiting for customers. It's more like customers are waiting to get these vehicles and not to mention drive it like a maniacs on highways.

Top Bottom