Ford Figo 3rd Anniversary Celebration Edition Launched

Thread Starter #1
Ford plans to launch the Celebration Edition on the 4th of next month in Delhi, where Ford has organized an event.

The Figo has proven to be a successful product in Ford's line-up and with the rather recent facelift, it still co9ntinues to look fresh. It's one of the few fun to drive cars in the market today, and that's one of the reasons behind its success.

Link:Ford Figo Celebration Edition to launch on March 4

My guess on what the Celebration edition would have over the current model:
1) Body graphics (all special edition seem to have these :-) )
2) Door sill plates
3) Back roof spoiler
4) Side door beads/protector
5) Stylized Pu-Leather seat covers
6) Integrated touch screen HU with GPS (asking too much?)
7) Chromed door handles
8) integrated indicators on external ORVM
9) Chrome front grill (in front of radiator) + chrome fog lights

Lets see how many of my guesses are correct.

Re: Ford Figo Celebration Edition To Launch on March 4

Ford will try to put in those features which does not require any modification from existing body line. Means they put in features which can be integrated on current (new figo) version of figo. eg. body graphics, addon electricals, fog lamps, etc can be added to existing figo. Integrated indicators on ORVM.. i doubt. GPS, might come as external device addon (possible).

Lets see. I got the very old model of figo bought on May 2010.

Thread Starter #3
Celebration Edition launch video from 1:30 PM today:

Ford : Live Webcast Powered by : 24 Frames Digital

Ford will try to put in those features which does not require any modification from existing body line. Means they put in features which can be integrated on current (new figo) version of figo. eg. body graphics, addon electricals, fog lamps, etc can be added to existing figo. Integrated indicators on ORVM.. i doubt. GPS, might come as external device addon (possible).

Lets see. I got the very old model of figo bought on May 2010.
Fog lamps, alloys, height adjusted steering, improved headlights etc. are already there in the face lifted model. I guess since the engine is not changing, it will be some external modifications anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Breaking News from 350Z who is at the launch :-

Features:
Sat nav system
Reverse park assist
Rear spoiler
Limited Edition Seat covers
Figo branded scuff plates
Price: 415999 ex. Showroom Delhi

Thread Starter #5

Based on what I see from the launch, IMO the decals dont look good - fashion statement my foot.
Rear spoiler and scuff plates were available as accessories before. Only hope the sat nav and parking assist is something integrated into the dash and not something mounted on the windscreen.

350Z

Core Team
Ford Figo 3rd Anniversary Celebration Edition Launch Coverage

The immense success of Figo has changed the perception of how buyers now look at the ‘Ford’ brand in India. To celebrate the 3 Years of Figo’s success, Ford has introduced Celebration Edition which is available only in limited numbers. It's co-created by Shantanu & Nikhil (Fashion Designers) along with a handful of Figo owners.

Ford Figo Celebration Edition Starting Price:

> Petrol: Rs.4,15,999 (Ex.Showroom, Delhi)

> Diesel: Rs.5,15,999 (Ex.Showroom, Delhi)

Ford Figo Celebration Edition Feature Highlights:

> Rear Spoiler

> Scuff Plates

> Limited Edition Seat Covers

> Celebration Edition Body Decals

> Reverse Parking Sensors (Black colored)

> Map My India Satellite Navigation System

Quick Pointers From Launch Event:

> Ford Figo Celebration Edition is available in Diamond White color only.

> First introduced in 2010, Ford has sold over 2,70,000 Figos in India and abroad.

> This edition was conceptualized in a design workshop conducted by Ford called 'Design Shack'.

> Off topic but important: Ford will announce about the launch of upcoming Ecosport 'very very' soon.

Figo-Limited-Edition.jpg

Ford-Figo-Celebration-Edition-2.jpg

Ford-Figo-Celebration-Edition-1.jpg

Ford-Figo-Celebration-Edition-3.jpg

Ford-Figo-Celebration-Edition-4.jpg

Ford-Figo-Celebration-Edition-5.jpg

Ford-Figo-Celebration-Edition-6.jpg

Ford-Figo-Celebration-Edition-7.jpg

Ford-Figo-Celebration-Edition-8.jpg

Ford-Figo-Celebration-Edition-9.jpg

Ford-Figo-Celebration-Edition-10.jpg

Ford-Figo-Celebration-Edition-11.jpg

Ford-Figo-Celebration-Edition-12.jpg

Ford-Figo-Celebration-Edition-GPS(1).jpg

Ford-Figo-Celebration-Edition-13.jpg

Ford-Figo-Celebration-Edition-14.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7
Good coverage and excellent photos.

But I stick with my earlier comments...IMO decal design is bad and I do not see even a single piece selling as everything seems to be after market. I think we would have done a much better job if given to TAI [:)]

Excellent coverage Vibhor.

BTW is Ford selling celebration edition across all the variants of Figo. I means the features mentioned, would be standard across all the variants?

350Z

Core Team
But I stick with my earlier comments...IMO decal design is bad and I do not see even a single piece selling as everything seems to be after market. I think we would have done a much better job if given to TAI
Agree. It doesn't look fashion designers have worked upon it except for those ‘decals’. Seat covers are average and black colored sensors are another surprising bit.

BTW is Ford selling celebration edition across all the variants of Figo. I means the features mentioned, would be standard across all the variants?
Yes. It's available across all variants. The above mentioned are prices of base versions.

Drive Safe,
350Z

body decals, some accessories thrown in, Please we are tired of this special editions.[anger]
We expect some "special" special edition Ford

Hmm,

There is nothing much to talk about it, a simple off-white 1st gen Figo looks better than this to me.

Dear Ford, it's[thumbsdown]

Anyway good coverage Vibhor

Now I know why this so called special edition/ Anniversary edition is there, read on the conversation in my office pantry today
colleague A: buddy I am looking for a hatch, its so confusing (he is looking for a I20/Swift/Polo segment)
Me: I know which segment you are looking in, do you start test drives? and what is your requirement?
colleague B: (budged in) I know you are looking on a higher segment, but did you check ford Figo, They have some package going on, check it
Colleague A: Really? (turning to me) and you don't know about it?
Me: buddy, this is just some decals and...
Colleague A: whatever, Why not check this out this weekend? are you coming?
Me: well ok, whatever you want
The whole purpose of this marketing strategy is this,Give the people something to talk over, Whether this bring a sell or not is a different issue, but the marketing team certainly wins (they bring a potential customer to the showroom, their jobs done)

Top Bottom