Fiat Linea T-Jet Relaunched at Rs.7.60 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI'ians,

The Fiat Linea T-Jet is the best-driving Fiat Linea model yet, as it is a car that appeals to enthusiasts seeking power and luxury. The car is powered by a 1,368 cc (1.4 litre) turbo-petrol engine that puts out 113 bhp of power at 5,000 rpm and 211 Nm of torque at 2,200 rpm. This motor is mated to a five-speed manual transmission and makes the Linea T-Jet quite a performer when it comes to outright acceleration because of the increased torque – making it one of the best in the mid-size segment for thrill seekers. And because of the use of higher-compression and turbo-charging, the car is more fuel efficient than the regular 1.4 Linea petrol, which puts out 92 bhp of power and 117 Nm of torque. Fiat was selling the earlier T-Jet at a huge discount to get rid of stocks.

Going by how the previous Fiat Linea T-Jet first showcased the best features the Linea could get and which eventually trickled into the other variants of the Fiat Linea, we expect Fiat to add some “new features” in the 2013 Fiat Linea T-Jet as well, considering it will be the company’s flagship Linea. Could it be that the “facelift” (as seen on the Turkey production model Linea) will be available on the upcoming Fiat Linea T-Jet? Or could it be just an Emotion spec petrol?

Considering the present Fiat Linea Emotion (1.3 Multijet diesel) has all the features the previous petrol T-Jet had on it, such as 16-inch alloys with 205/55 R16 tyres, full-chrome grille, and leather upholstery and that there is no Emotion variant currently in the petrol line up – the Fiat Linea T-Jet is likely to take that spot, coming with all the trim that the Emotion variant has. This includes automatic climate control, Bluetooth, automatic headlamps, rain-sensing wipers, two airbags, ABS, programmable multi-info display, voice commands, steering audio controls, front & rear fog lamps, etc, and of course increased ground clearance of 185 mm.

We think the Fiat Linea T-Jet petrol that will be launched end of March will come with all the trim goodies that the Emotion spec diesel has, and may include some additional goodies such as a Sat-Nav touchscreen infotainment system as an option. Structurally and cosmetically, there aren’t likely to be any changes to the car, as those changes are likely being reserved for the “Linea facelift” planned for later in the year, unless Fiat plans to play Santa Claus and spring a surprise on all of us.

However, do expect the joy of driving the 1.4 turbo-charged petrol motor all over again, and at competitive prices. We expect the fully loaded Fiat Linea T-Jet to be priced at about Rs. 9 lakh to Rs. 9.25 lakh ex-showroom, giving the Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Volkswagen Vento and Ford Fiesta a run for their money, quite literally. And it may come as a life-saver for the fast-disappearing Linea.

Source-http://www.cartoq.com/scoop-fiat-to-launch-updated-linea-t-jet-in-march-2013/

We could had bought this but bought Vento.

Last edited:
Great news for enthusiasts, fiat had stopped the production of old tjet and tjet+ in 2012 I guess.
There were not many takers for it due to many reasons such as rising petrol prices and paranoia in public after JV split with tata for service.
Now as diesel prices are on the rise again, then people may again look towards petrol and also the F.A.S.S. have come up in major cities.
Nice move Fiat, If all goes well then I may be buying a Tjet myself in a years time.

Re: Fiat is going to launch updated Linea T-JET on March 2013

Four words. It. Will. Not. Sell.
It will, if the petrol diesel prices get leveled and if the new T-jet delivers the same mileage of multijet and if the new t-jet pricing is below multijet then.
but as for now it wont sell. good answer,that was really funny.

@jayadev
Total agree

Last edited:

FIAT won't sell until they ADVERTISE.
Why don't they get some marketing consultancy done for them?

FIAT won't sell until they ADVERTISE
Agree. Its not just advertise, it has to be AGGRESSIVE advertising. Fiat failed to highlight a simple fact in this economy hungry nation - Tjet delivers much better fuel economy than Linea 1.4. But Fiat never highlighted this fact. I know, thinking about mileage with such a beast of an engine is crime. But thats how things works in India! My friend's Tjet returns amazing fuel economy considering its power on highways! But does any one from common public aware of it? Its still considered as fuel hungry car! How many from common public know that its just not a petrol engine but a turbo charged petrol?

OT: If my budget permits, any day I will close my eyes and trade my Punto MJD with Tjet. Such a mean machine this is [evil] I just love the sight of OVRMs of a Tjet on highway! Its an amazing feeling to watch other cars just disappear in rear view mirrors

@ Sam, Loved the way you expressed those four words [lol]

Last edited:

Agree. Its not just advertise, it has to be AGGRESSIVE advertising. Fiat failed to highlight a simple fact in this economy hungry nation - Tjet delivers much better fuel economy than Linea 1.4.
It doesn't need to be specific, just an ad which brings FIAT in the minds of customer. Car makers air ads with tag lines like 'khushion ki chabi (key to ahppiness), 'sang zindagi chale' (life moves along) and use alien languages like 'das auto'. Who stops FIAT from doing such abstract advertising?
At first place they don't have visibility on roads due to fewer models, and top of that they don't care about positioning the brand, how would the potential buyer know that there is a bird called FIAT too?

Fiat is not selling because of the pricing and the higher maintenance cost and scarcity of the spares in the local market.
If they open genuine spares shops as maruti have now then there is a chance of increase in sales.
People know fiat has reliable products but are afraid to buy because of the high maintenance cost and un availability of the spares.
As we all know the dealers are charging high as they know that the maintenance cannot be done outside.
These new generation cars are totally maintenance free other than the filters and oils.

Engine flushing 1000k,have any one heard that?
Punto uses a fully synthetic oil,is there any need to flush an engine which uses a synthetic oil which has done only 30000kms?
A dealer back here recommended this to me,that comes in maintenance cost too.

Last edited:

Fiat is not selling because of the pricing and the higher maintenance cost and scarcity of the spares in the local market.
If they open genuine spares shops as maruti have now then there is a chance of increase in sales.
The logic goes other way round. The higher the sales, better the availability of parts, not vice versa.
The challenge for FIAT is to appear in the shortlist of potential cars in a common man's mind. That is the only way they can improve sales, and spare parts availability will get better by itself when sales get high.

The logic goes other way round. The higher the sales, better the availability of parts, not vice versa.
The challenge for FIAT is to appear in the shortlist of potential cars in a common man's mind. That is the only way they can improve sales, and spare parts availability will get better by itself when sales get high.
That was before,after the Fiat uno story people are afraid of fiat.
What was wrong with UnoD still reliable but for the maintenance cost and the un availability of the spares at that time, it failed.
People now are more concerned of maintenance and spares,If suzuki provides all then why take risk over fiat?

That was before,after the Fiat uno story people are afraid of fiat.
What was wrong with UnoD still reliable but for the maintenance cost and the un availability of the spares at that time, it failed.
People now are more concerned of maintenance and spares,If suzuki provides all then why take risk over fiat?
The car buying class today is totally new set who may not be that familiar of makers like padmini and fiat. The new earning and working class may not have had cars in their families earlier to know about cars of 80s era already. So the buyers today have very less clue on how Uno's spare parts ruined it for FIAT.
You are associated with automobiles business so your perception/criteria of choosing car may be different, but I am talking about the normal junta.
FIAT has to bring the visibility of brand to the common man.

By the way, we have gone quite off-topic. Mods may like to move some posts to that 'FIAT re-establish in India' thread.

Last edited:

The car buying class today is totally new set who may not be that familiar of makers like padmini and fiat. The new earning and working class may not have had cars in their families earlier to know about cars of 80s era already. So the buyers today have very less clue on how Uno's spare parts ruined it for FIAT.
You are associated with automobiles business so your perception/criteria of choosing car may be different, but I am talking about the normal junta.
FIAT has to bring the visibility of brand to the common man.

By the way, we have gone quite off-topic. Mods may like to move some posts to that 'FIAT re-establish in India' thread.
we are not at all OT,we are talking of fiat and its probability of selling the new product,no need to worry on that.
People,the normal people are clever now a days and they do not fall on any advertisement slogan for buying a car.
They are clever enough to even search this forum before buying a car,
so our views over any products will make them think before going for a car.

Even fiat themselves is worried of the mishap at the 90's,
as it would have been more easy now to sell their cars if they would have not failed before.

Last edited:
Re: Fiat Going To Launch Updated Linea T-Jet in March

1.Do I know about fiat-Yes very much Indeed
2.Will I buy another Fiat-No
3.Why- indifference from manufacturer .
4.What do I mean -Read from 1. again.

Re: Fiat Going To Launch Updated Linea T-Jet in March

People,the normal people are clever now a days and they do not fall on any advertisement slogan for buying a car.
They are clever enough to even search this forum before buying a car,
so our views over any products will make them think before going for a car.
Even fiat themselves is worried of the mishap at the 90's,
as it would have been more easy now to sell their cars if they would have not failed before.
Na.Na. The major chunk of common junta still do not evaluate the car purchase to that extent.

Forums have still a long way to go in making differences to a car makers sales. Take these numbers:

Total members on TAI: 8451
Assume 10 more forums like TAI then total members on auto forums: 84510
Total car sales: lets assume average of 1.6 lac per month then per annum car sales is approx.- 12*160000= 1920000

Ratio of forum members to sales= 84510/1920000= 4.4%

How effective do you think these forum members would have been in helping 1920000 car buyers to make informed decision. Almost negligible.

sources: (The Automotive India – Car and Bike Forums, Car sales drop 19%, SIAM seeks govt help | Business Standard, January 2013 Sales Figures and Analysis | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews)

1.Do I know about fiat-Yes very much Indeed
2.Will I buy another Fiat-No
3.Why- indifference from manufacturer .
4.What do I mean -Read from 1. again.
You have mentioned often that you didn't know the brand FIAT before buying punto? Now that you know a FIAT, you know the substance in it.

Last edited:

Top Bottom