Volkswagen Launches Polo SR (Sport Racer) Edition

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Volkswagen has introduced an exclusive Polo Sport Racer edition in India in the 1.2L Petrol engine form. It's now on sale for Rs.6.27 Lakh (Ex.Showroom, Delhi).

Volkswagen Polo SR Features:

> Rear Roof Spoiler

> Front and Side Skirts

> Chrome Exhaust Tip

> Rear Parking Sensors

> 15” Sporty Alloy Wheels

Arvind Saxena said:
“The Polo is an important carline in the Indian portfolio and we would like to continuously keep it relevant and exciting for our customers. The Polo SR is a good choice for those looking to own a sporty hatchback.”
Volkswagen-Polo-SR-Edition-Front.jpg

Volkswagen-Polo-SR-Edition-Rear.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

I was about to ask whether we have a diesel option in the lineup and i stumbled upon this:

Volkswagen has introduced an exclusive Polo Sport Racer edition in India in the 1.2L Petrol engine form
I really wonder why these cheap tactics for selling off their Petrol car which otherwise might not be doing well. The 15" wheels is the only feature which seems attractive. All the other add ons can be added as aftermarket accessories.

@ Akash, cant agree more with you. These so called 'Special editions' are becoming more and more eye wash for end customers.

These so called 'Special editions' are becoming more and more eye wash for end customers.
I don't think so. Recently Fiat thrown some cheap type stickers on the Punto and called it Limited Edition but still couldn't be able to make fool of the customers. Sale is still declining. Here VW atleast offering some really good body-stuffs unlike cheap sticker job.

And about poor or good sale of petrol version of the Polo, it is doing way much much better than other cars. According to this months sales figures, here is diesel vs petrol sales unit breakup:
Diesel : Petrol
Polo 3503 : 1076
Etios 2469 : 431
Liva 2247 : 180
Beat 2599 : 436
Micra 963 : 373
Indica 7308 : 13
(Don't have breakup figures of other cars)
source : **** January 2013 sales report

BTW the variant shown in the above pictures is the drool-worthy material. [clap]

Last edited:
Looks gorgeous. I see no harm in seeing this special edition cars. In my opinion they add a lot of VFM factor to the existing product. Every manufacturer worldwide comes with these every now & then to keep their product portfolio young and alive in the customers mind. Though some special editions specially from Maruti Suzuki are particularly stupid in which they give you just some side graphics and all call it a limited edition. But this one with the all around skirtings and rear spoiler and the chrome exhaust looks extremely sporty. The chrome strip on the boot too is added on this one.
Alloy wheels design are the same as in the new refreshed Highline. Would have loved to see a different alloy design on these with a little low profile tyres. But in all this does look good.
Wonder if this kit would be available with the dealers if an existing Polo owner wants to add it.

@ Akash, cant agree more with you. These so called 'Special editions' are becoming more and more eye wash for end customers.
+1, I second to your opinion as with the pics, I am unable to notice any such sporty thing in Polo and it just looks like a normal one.[surprise]

I don't think so. Recently Fiat thrown some cheap type stickers on the Punto and called it Limited Edition but still couldn't be able to make fool of the customers.
What model of punto are you talking about, i would like to enhance your knowledge about punto take a look at fiat india website 2013 FIAT Punto | Four Punto models to choose from | FIAT India.
BTW, stickering job is minimal on the punto, it is just available for the 90/sports model. And there is much more than just stickers in punto.

I am unable to notice any such sporty thing in Polo and it just looks like a normal one.[surprise]
Though i like polo as well but i agree with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
What model of punto are you talking about, i would like to enhance your knowledge about punto take a look at fiat india website 2013 FIAT Punto | Four Punto models to choose from | FIAT India.
BTW, stickering job is minimal on the punto, it is just available for the 90/sports model. And there is much more than just stickers in punto.
Yeah its got stickers+red stitching inside + weirdly colored outside mirrors.
Not worth it.
Any way I like the polo.

Thread Starter #11

350Z

Core Team
All the other add ons can be added as aftermarket accessories.
Aftermarket alloys can be installed too. Considering the minimal price difference, it's worth it. This is the same car which was showcased at Autocar Performance Show.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Aftermarket alloys can be installed too. Considering the minimal price difference, it's worth it. This is the same car which was showcased at Autocar Performance Show.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yes even i think the whole kit is absolutely worth it over the price of the petrol highline. There is a minimal difference in price and the amount of goods added do justify that much of cost. Buying it separately would surely cost a bomb as VW is famous for providing accessories at way over the top prices.

I absolutely love this Sport Racer edition. Some pics of the same model from the Autocar Performance Show

VW-Polo-SR-Edition-3.jpg
VW-Polo-SR-Edition-2.jpg
VW-Polo-SR-Edition-1.jpg

lethargic 3 cylinder engine
have you really driven one or just posting for the sake of comment?
And do you really believe that in today's time it really matters if the engine is 3 cylinder or 4 cylinder?

All manufacturers are moving towards building low capacity and more fuel efficient engines which provide enough power.

Have a look at this:
BMW B38 1.5L 3-cylinder TwinPower Turbo Engine (edit) - YouTube

And if you think that VW cars will become super silent like Honda than you are wrong my friend because Germans have always been manufacturing cars with loud engines but other than engine, nothing is heard inside the engine. That is joy of driving them.

Don't know who spreads this kind of words but if people really want silent and smoother engines then why they are even buying 4 cylinder engines, they should directly start from 6 or more as the balanced engines start from that stage.

Last edited:

Top Bottom