Chevrolet Trax Coming To India. Confirmed.

Thread Starter #1
Chevrolet Trax coming to India

We previewed the Trax and post its reveal at Paris came the confirmation that as we had predicted, Chevrolet will bring the car to India. The SUV is derived from the same platform as the Chevrolet Sonic (as in the US Aveo equivalent that we aren’t going to get). Three engines were announced - a 1.4l turbopetrol with 140PS, a 130+PS 1.6l petrol and a 130PS/300Nm 1.7 turbodiesel. Six speed manual transmissions and standard stop-start were listed and all-wheel drive is optional. The diesel is the one we think will lead the Trax charge here, possibly with the available six-speed automatic also on offer.

Source

Chevrolet Trax coming to India - Overdrive

Attachments

Re: Chevrolet Trax coming to India confirmed

What is the expected price?
Anyway thanks chevrolet for bringing this..
why don't they try the Triablizer??

Thread Starter #3
Re: Chevrolet Trax coming to India confirmed

What is the expected price?
Anyway thanks chevrolet for bringing this..
why don't they try the Triablizer??
They might , but then that is in fortuner segment . While this is a mini SUV like the duster , Eco sport and the upcoming tata mini SUV .

Thread Starter #7
the pricing will decide if its going to be killer or a dud. hope chevy makes it really competitive,
With their recent pricing, I think they will not get it wrong..
This car is bigger in length I:e 4.28 mts long so excise benefit won't be there , is much much better quality then duster too . If they can price it in Scorpio , ertiga range it can be total vfm .

ТеÑÑ‚-драйв Chevrolet Tracker (Trax) 2013 // ÐвтоВеÑти 77 - YouTube

This segment is surely hotting up,10-12L price tag can easily establish this product in a jiffy.

When is this product expected to hit our market?

Thread Starter #9
This segment is surely hotting up,10-12L price tag can easily establish this product in a jiffy.

When is this product expected to hit our market?
I think next year they might display it in the expo and then launch .

This thread is old but can someone reconfirm if Trax is coming to India? I'm holding my purchase for last 4-5 months and now I am not in a hurry. Rather I will prefer to buy a 2014 manufactured car sometime in Feb 2014. Specially looking at the mini SUV cars that are planned in 2014, I will prefer to wait. Trax can actually change Chevrolet's fortune in India if they could manage 75% or more localization so that they can keep the pricing well under control, maximize profit and give value for money to the end customer.

This thread is old but can someone reconfirm if Trax is coming to India? I'm holding my purchase for last 4-5 months and now I am not in a hurry. Rather I will prefer to buy a 2014 manufactured car sometime in Feb 2014. Specially looking at the mini SUV cars that are planned in 2014, I will prefer to wait. Trax can actually change Chevrolet's fortune in India if they could manage 75% or more localization so that they can keep the pricing well under control, maximize profit and give value for money to the end customer.
Lot of manufacturers are planning to introduce mini SUVs (hyundai, VW taigun, chevrolet trax, mahindra s101(hope code name is correct, i am using my memory here), tata mini aria, honda (based on jazz), maruti xa-alpha), not quite sure of toyota's plan. Everyone is targetting 2014 time frame, but exact dates are still not out. I do have a feeling that maruti xa-alpha and mahindra s101 will be the first ones to come, because they have showcased functional prototypes/ have been caught testing. But buddy - again - dates are not clear still.

The only Trax I knew of was one by Force Motors [;)] don't think they'll be able to launch it with the trax name here in India
Yes, spot on! Lot of web sites have already said that they will have to rename it. However the car definately looks better then Ford EcoSport. I think Ford has timed the ecosport quite well. However it is equally important to price it well else it can flop!

Top Bottom