Tata's New Hatchback Zica Now Renamed Tiago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
According to ET,TML is working upon an all new hatchback to take on Suzuki and Ford.Launch by 2015[clap].

Link:Tata Motors lines up new premium hatchback to take on rivals Maruti, Ford - The Economic Times

Excerpt from the report:

TATA is working on a new premium small car that will compete with successful models of rivals Maruti Suzuki and Ford Motors.

The new car, codenamed 'X0', is likely to be built on the refurbished Indica platform and will be one of the company's biggest launches when it is unveiled in 2015.

Tata Motors Managing DirectorKarl Slym who played an important role in introducing cars such as the Spark and the Beat for General Motors in India, is aiming to deliver a modern, contemporary vehicle that appeals to the youth.

The exact product specification in terms of design, cost and time, called final data judgement (FDJ) in industry parlance, is likely to be frozen on March 31. Vendors will then be asked to work on the project.
The small car is expected to be powered by a 1.05-litre three-cylinder diesel engine and 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine. To offer a wider price range, Tata Motors may include other higher-powered engine options as well.

The X0 will be positioned in the 40,000-units-a-month hatchback market, which makes up 20% of the overall passenger vehicle segment. It will also see competition in the form of Hyundai's new small car (BA) and localised Skoda Fabia, among others.

THE X-OVER

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: Tata Motors Working on a New Premium Hatchback!

As an existing Indica V2 owner,I am happy that atleast my car won't fade into oblivion with this move.The new "XO" will use the current V2 platform,however it'll have entirely different looks and body panels.As per the article the vendors will be frozen by 31st of March this year.The 1.2lt turbo charged petrol sounds very interesting,but 3 cylinder diesel in a premium hatch.Not sure about that!

I think TATA (after Mr.Karl Slym joined) have tighten the screws. I am assuming that 1-2 years, that govt. office type attitude of TATA employees will fade away. [clap]

Its a car aimed to replace Indica v2 or slot between regular Indica & vista. Hence the use of a 3 cylinder crdi unit is justified in my opinion. And that 1.05l dicor produces 90 bhp as well[surprise]. But it may be detuned for this hatchback.
Only problem for me is whether using an old age platform could affect the dynamics of the car??(Indica was known for its handling issues.)
I think even though it will add to the cost a new platform could have been better IMHO..[:)]

Guys the hell with the car and the 1.05l 90 bhp diesel engine.

Just do tell me if it was only me or someone else also read 1.2L TURBO PETROL!![:D] ????
If this is true then hats off to Tata, at least they have developed this powerplant for their vehicles and a turbo petrol is always the delight for me at least(Seriously, I swear..I'll buy it even if it comes with thousand niggles).eh..these are the only engines which offer power from 1500 to 6500 rpm!! Am gonna faint, really!!

1.2l turbo diesel..
I don't think its going to happen[frustration]

Its a car aimed to replace Indica v2 or slot between regular Indica & vista. Hence the use of a 3 cylinder crdi unit is justified in my opinion. And that 1.05l dicor produces 90 bhp as well[surprise]. But it may be detuned for this hatchback.
Only problem for me is whether using an old age platform could affect the dynamics of the car??(Indica was known for its handling issues.)
I think even though it will add to the cost a new platform could have been better IMHO..[:)]
Have you ever travelled in an Indica. I bet, it is an awesome car (if cabin noise is ignored). nonetheless its Italian genes.trust .

Thread Starter #8

Its a car aimed to replace Indica v2 or slot between regular Indica & vista. Hence the use of a 3 cylinder crdi unit is justified in my opinion. And that 1.05l dicor produces 90 bhp as well. But it may be detuned for this hatchback.
As per some internal sources(li'l birdies) on the net,this is the revival of project Dolphin.It is definitely an Indica V2 replacement.
Only problem for me is whether using an old age platform could affect the dynamics of the car??(Indica was known for its handling issues.)I think even though it will add to the cost a new platform could have been better IMHO..
I own an Indica V2(XETA).You can easily attack an steep corner at 80kmph,and the passengers won't even feel it(negligible body roll).The handling is even better than Indica Vista(earlier models) because of lower centre of gravity and rigid suspension.

So,if Tata can come out with an all new stylish body with some suspension tweaks,and of course new powerplants then this project is justified IMO.Remember platforms never go old,but styling does(that's what Tata design team believes).

Guys the hell with the car and the 1.05l 90 bhp diesel engine.
Buddy,I can understand your enthusiasm,but this will be a vital volumes car for TML.
Just do tell me if it was only me or someone else also read 1.2L TURBO PETROL!! ????
You read it right bro.[:D]
If this is true then hats off to Tata, at least they have developed this powerplant for their vehicles and a turbo petrol is always the delight for me at least(Seriously, I swear..I'll buy it even if it comes with thousand niggles).eh..these are the only engines which offer power from 1500 to 6500 rpm!! Am gonna faint, really!!
IIRC,TML at the moment are working upon all new series of petrol powerplants which will house both NA as well as TSI engines.So yes,it looks like your wish may come true quite soon.
1.2l turbo diesel..
I don't think its going to happen
If we are to believe the insiders then it is coming,and much sooner then what we'll expect.

Have you ever travelled in an Indica. I bet, it is an awesome car (if cabin noise is ignored). nonetheless its Italian genes.trust .
+ 1. And in my case,since I have a petrol Indica,no problem of cabin noise also.[:)]

Indica platform is a good base to start with. A refurbished platform is a good as new platform, minus the development time and cost.

Indica platform was designed with an all independent suspension setup. Hope they retain it.

Quality: Lets not forget, when TATA started the Indica project, even its vendors had to start from scratch. We can see the progress both TATA and its vendors have made over a decade and a half with the new cars.

LETS see the final product to pass any kind of judgement.

No offence to TML for using the old platform. But they should come with a great product as the end result. If it is the revival of dolphin project I'm totally interested..
Fingers crossed..[:)]

Karl Slym is surely going to make his presence felt in the Tata motors and to the market with some new launches with better product and quality which he did with GM and their market share.A niggle less better built and better service quality is the way they would be going.Indica V2 is aged now, i dont think they would continue with V2 along with this new car.
A new design,with mastered space with better built new car in V2 platform is what we might be looking at.

Karl Slym is surely going to make his presence felt in the Tata motors and to the market with some new launches with better product and quality which he did with GM and their market share.A niggle less better built and better service quality is the way they would be going.Indica V2 is aged now, i dont think they would continue with V2 along with this new car.
A new design,with mastered space with better built new car in V2 platform is what we might be looking at.
+1000 Agree on what you said, but with all this I strongly think the name of new car should be a new name as well. I hope they don't name it Indica V3 [frustration] or Indica V2 XXXXX [frustration]

+1000 Agree on what you said, but with all this I strongly think the name of new car should be a new name as well. I hope they don't name it Indica V3 or Indica V2 XXXXX
I think they will not do that as they have named the vista as Indica vista and not v3 at that time..
A new name is important as well as a new design. Its time for TML design team to mark their presence seriously than any other product. I hope they come up with mega pixel like design language..[:)]

Maestro Ratan Tata had done the right thing before his retirement with the induction of Karl Slym as the MD and appointing Ranjith Jadav & Neeraj Kargh in their respective positions.[clap]

And yes we can see the "winds of change"[clap]

The new car, codenamed 'X0', is likely to be built on the refurbished Indica platform this sounds good.
So they again go ahead with this platform some more years with new cars like TATA XXX(X0),X0 marina,X0 CS and even X0 SUV finally result will be ultimate cost saving in devlopment [clap]

But please TATA im requesting you to came with some exiting new generation design language like what u did with TATA MegaPixel Concept [:D]

Attachments

As an existing Indica V2 owner,I am happy that atleast my car won't fade into oblivion with this move.The new "XO" will use the current V2 platform,however it'll have entirely different looks and body panels.As per the article the vendors will be frozen by 31st of March this year.The 1.2lt turbo charged petrol sounds very interesting,but 3 cylinder diesel in a premium hatch.Not sure about that!
hi Xover

I think The 1.2lt turbo charged petrol engine will be barrowed from TATA nano engine by adding two more cylinders totall CC will be around 1246cc or 1199cc [evil]

even they can increase the Power of present 2cylinder 624cc 38Bhp 51NM MPFI with Variable valve timing,Twin Cam shaft even some more tech like Turbo charger or twin turbo.

Using all this above mensioned technologies

2cylinder 624CC VVT Turbo Charged petrol engine [:)]

output results expected will 2cylinder 650cc VVTTurbo Petrol engine 87 Bhp 90NM or 105Nm torque OR 3Cylinder 948cc VVTTurbo petrol Engine 119Bhp with 120NM torque OR 4Cylinder 1248cc VVTTurbo Petrol engine with 130Bhp 144NM torque???? [clap]

what you say guys can tata able to do this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom