Indeed, if Tiago is priced near to Wagon-R or Celerio then compare the NVH with them, why bring in other players? And not to forget the 200 cubic centimeters of displacement that is extra in Tiago; 20 horses too!!
Comparison with Grand i10 is inevitable and Grand definitely has better NVH, clutch, gear and inerior but then Tiago also has its own share of pros. BTW
top end Tiago is priced around a lac lesser than the Grand i10, we can't ignore this point IMO
. Had this car been from say 20 lac+ segments, then 1 lac wasn't a much considerable amount but for the said segment and target customers; 1 lac means a higher EMI and of course 15-20% of the car price itself and 15-20% is a big value.
I haven't bought one, avt has; congrats from my side too.
@Vishwas: I guess you needed to take a look before merging the posts, it has got confusing now.
Yaa, nailing is my favorite time pass jugaad
No comments, in case of Tata cars it happens frequently that 90% of excitement converts into the sales for other brands and Tata has to make do with remaining 10% only.
Can't agree fully, the rear view IMO
was fine and all round visibility is among the better ones in the segment. Definitely you don't get the all round visibility of a Wagon-R or Celerio but still everything is well under the acceptable limits. In fact IMO
Tata should have given a bit more height to rear seat backrest with roper adjustable head rests. They are fixed and placed too low for my liking (New Ford Figo anyone?)
I saw the car thoroughly again today after reading this comment. The parking brake button seemed fine to me. Maybe the one you drove had some issue. Still Tata guys should take care of this as it takes away the TD experience and make people believe that this is an inferior product with more show and no go.
100% agree, their sales teams at dealerships need a considerably high amount of training.
Haven't got this one, will you please elaborate? I drive the cars without armrest with my left arm either on gear lever or on handbrake lever (And I keep pressing and releasing that button too continuously) but neither the lever felt vibe happy nor it was trying to do any antique. Heck, I may have pressed and released the button several times but it hadn't came out or popped out in the car.
You can buy what your heart calls for but this point is over my head. What benefit does a sheet under the engine gives? I heard from somewhere that not having a sheet helps with better heat dissipation and there is 'NO' absolutely 'NO' such thingy in any car in the segment or even above ones. Pick any monocoque hatch or sedan and if there is any space left in the hood from where you get the ground in your line of sight, then you will get to see the ground.
@DJ and SS
Until we know what hit the car, we can't comment on how it took the impact. Maybe this happened due to bird dropping or a nest dropping or maybe an entire tree dropping or maybe the dealership roof dropping. Until we know what dropped (Maybe car itself), we can refrain from commenting on the way it took the impact (Do we know what impact it was?)