Hello all, a new member here. My user name and real name are same. I'm currently staying in Delhi for past two years.
Currently I own a 2013 make Tata Nano and am using it as my daily commute to office with rare highway trips. I was contemplating an upgrade to Tiago. I was initially following TBHP thread and later came to TAI
. My registration got approved and I was mostly reading posts of fellow members for over a month.
Yesterday I went to Concorde Motors, Patparganj to take a test drive of Tiago. I was immediately attended by one Sales representative. However I knew another sales guy and called him up. Then after a quick paperwork I was given key for the test drive.
Here are my observations.
1) Engine noise is pretty low at outside.
2) Cabin is well insulated and engine noise was minimal.
3) Some reviews mentioned vibration at idle. However didn't feel much.
4) Gear is butter smooth.
5) Engine has enough power at low rpm (<2000). It could easily to pull 4 persons with AC in third gear even at 20kmph speed.
6) AC was effective even at blower speed 1. Temperature was close to 40 degree C. Didn't find blower that noisy which was reported in some reviews probably due to my experience with Nano.
7) Power steering was very light, something that I need to get used to. I'm used to Nano's non-EPS.
8) Infotainment system is awesome.
9) With my sedate driving style I noticed AFE was hovering around 15 kmpl.
Some things not to my liking-
1) Ingress/Egress is lower compared to Nano. Also steering column was blocking my leg. Probably some adjustments may improve situation.
2) Door handle was placed closer to hinge. Would have preferred slightly away from hinge side towards middle of door.
3) Door pockets should have been slightly larger.
All in all I felt it is an extremely good package. Now eagerly waiting for launch. May go for Tiago if the price difference between Bolt/Zest is well maintained. Otherwise may move to Zest if price difference is not much.
Sorry it was a short test drive (about 1 km) and I didn't click any picture.