Maruti Suzuki Ertiga LUV Now Launched at Rs.5.89 Lacs

Thread Starter #1
India's leading car manufacturer Maruti Suzuki India is all set for a world premier of Concept R3, its first compact multi- purpose vehicle concept, at the forthcoming Auto Expo 2010 in January.

The 6 seater concept MPV is an all new compact vehicle completely different from any of the exiting cars from the Maruti Suzuki (Q,N,C,F)* family and hitherto unseen at any auto international show.

Mayank Pareek, marketing and sales, Maruti Suzuki, said, Over the years, Maruti Suzuki has ushered in millions of joyous moments in the form of delivering reliable products, offering prompt and careful after sales services. `Joys of Life` as a theme celebrates this long history of the company`s customer- centricity in providing the joys of motoring, its pioneering ways, ingenuous strategies and constant innovation.

Source: Business Line

Maruti's New R-III Concept On Cards..

Maruti Suzuki India is all set to unveil ‘Concept R3? a compact multi-purpose vehicle at the forthcoming Auto Expo 2010.

The 6-seater MPV concept has totally been the work of Indian engineers who have slogged nine months to see the project through.

The vehicle generated out of this concept could be the right candidate for the diesel engines. Suzuki could use the R3 to curb the rising popularity of vehicles like Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo, and the Tata Indicruz which also makes its debut at the show.

The Suzuki Eeco could replace the aging Omni which will give more clearance for the R3’s price band. Suzuki’s product line-up in India is cluttered and we should avoid making any guesses beyond this level. The Auto Expo holds answers to these type of question so we expect clarity once the Eeco is on air.

source - indianautosblog.com

Looks like the engineers out there have been real busy!!
Good to see it happening though!!

Last edited:
After reading all these posts i am getting really confused. Initially it was heard that Eeco will be replacing Omni, but the post by Umang states that Eeco will replacing Omni. Then what car will be replacing the Versa?

If this car is a proper mpv or mini-mpv like its competition(not like traditional Maruti's soap box design) and seats three freely with adequate legroom and a diesel engine, Maruti would have a seller.

But are 2 vans going to be launched by maruti? One as Eeco(omni replacement) and the versa replacement?

350Z

Core Team
But are 2 vans going to be launched by maruti? One as Eeco(omni replacement) and the versa replacement?
What I'm able to make out yet is Maruti R-III will be initially a concept. So, For now Eeco will replace Versa and Omni to remain un-touched but once the development of Production-Version R-III is done, It should kick out the Eeco from the play.
Slightly Confusing? Read twice you may get it. :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z

What I'm able to make out yet is Maruti R-III will be initially a concept. So, For now Eeco will replace Versa and Omni to remain un-touched but once the development of Production-Version R-III is done, It should kick out the Eeco from the play.
Slightly Confusing? Read twice you may get it. :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Eeco or Omni? I believe that Omni wont be sold in Metros after April2010.

350Z

Core Team
Eeco or Omni? I believe that Omni wont be sold in Metros after April2010.
Correct, It should be Eeco and as the Omni will be phased out due to stricter emission norms, MSIL has chopped the prices of New Versa a.k.a Eeco to fill that gap.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
I just read an interesting post on a blog that Maruti R-III Concept is "so-called" new because it's nothing but a copy of Opel Meriva. Though the car makers share some designs in foreign markets of other models as well like Ritz (Opel Agila). Click here to read.
Till then, Enjoy some of these pictures snapped at recent Auto Expo ...

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom