Maruti Puts a Full Stop To Zen Estilo's Production

Re: Maruti to place a full stop to the Zen Estilo?

Estilo could never create what its original zen could,not could capture market share compared to WagonR which was placed few grands above it, which is selling in good numbers yet making Estilo loose its market share more in coming years.Good this decision is made which should have been taken earlier when they relaunched Estilo with biege interiors.

Thread Starter #4

First of all, I dint understand at all, why it was there. [lol]
I feel sad because a car is going out of automobiles market.
I had told my girlfriend to get one for her, since it looks small and cute.
So, this is the reason for my sadness.

It was a good car as good as Wagon R, but some how it did not work well, but finally Maruti has killed the sensational name "zen", hopefully they come with a new vehicle with that name again in future[:)]

It was a good car as good as Wagon R, but some how it did not work well, but finally Maruti has killed the sensational name "zen", hopefully they come with a new vehicle with that name again in future[:)]
Yes, the original Zen was superb product which sold in good numbers, that time it was sold as a niche car compared to M800,its ability to do corners,drivebility everything was superb and accepted full fledge in market.Sad to see this name Zen going off the market.

Re: Maruti To Put Full Stop To Zen Estilo's Production?

I feel that Astar will have the same end of Estilo.

And i strongly feel that the suzuki will come up with some thing real good between alto and swift.

Estilo owners if you are planning to sell your car do it quickly before these news flashes.

I think the problem with Maruti is that they are having way too many products between alto and Swift and that too at very less price difference. SO if one have budget for estilio, then he be tempted to stretch his budget a bit and opt for Wagon R.

I think the problem with Maruti is that they are having way too many products between alto and Swift and that too at very less price difference. SO if one have budget for estilio, then he be tempted to stretch his budget a bit and opt for Wagon R.
WaghonR itself is outdated, the maruti is facelifting this box for years.
it sells only with the suzuki badge and discounts and lack of options.

Zen Estilo needs a proper burial and Maruti should have done it years ago , there is nothing likable about that car .

350Z

Core Team
Maruti Suzuki has decided to halt the production of Estilo in India due to poor sales according to Autocar India. You could expect massive discounts on the remaining stock.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Zen Estilo, was really not that bad as it looked. The old shape which I guess came out in 2007 had everything same as a Wagon R (I mean engine bay, suspension etc). The four cylinder 1100cc engine was a gem. Infact the few months when I worked for a used car dealer, I drove a particular Silver Estilo for about 600kms in less than 3months only in test drives!

Problem with Estilo:
Girly looks, absolute lack of Indian boxy design (WagonR), wheels look too small for a body this big. Horrible resale value, a Alto with a tiny engine, less space, smaller wheels still fetches more resale value than this car.

Good things:
A VFM car if bought as a used car, in Bangalore you can easily get a used Estilo for about 1.5 to 1.75lacs for a 2008 LXi model car, just look at the features you get for this price.

4 Cylinder 16V butter smooth engine
E Power steering, AC, Front 2 power windows (factory fit for LXi itself!)
Tall boy design with good seating height, 13" wheels, Good boot space.
body colour bumpers, Features are really good for the money we pay for.

In VXi
All LXi features + You get Electronic ORVM's, 4 door power windows, black colour steel rims
beige interiors, tachometer, body colour bumpers, black coloured B pillar & door outer edges, fog lamps!

Here is the shocker, an alto LXi will easily fetch 1.8lacs in Bangalore market for the same LXi 2008 model, with more miles on the odometer. Its a good news for used car buyers indeed. For sellers, you might face the same situation as a SX4 first owner [cry].

Estilo was worst car from Maruti's Table .

@ss80 , New Estilo was powered by K-10 1LTR 3 Cylinder Engine , 1.1 LTR F10D was old engine , if i am not wrong

Good to see that Maruti is "discontinuing" something which does not appeal to Indian buyers especially when there are better things out there in the similar price band. [clap]

Top Bottom