Maruti Suzuki Celebrates 30 Lakh Swift Sales with ‘Star’ Edition

Thread Starter #1
Approximately 13% in Japan, 45% in India and 23% in Europe.

Suzuki Motor Corporation is pleased to announce that cumulative worldwide sales of Suzuki's compact car Swift, which was launched as a world strategic model in 2004, reached three million units in January this year (eight years and two months since the start of sales in 2004).

The Swift reflects Suzuki's expertise in compact cars and dedication to creating models that are sporty, stylish, and fun to drive. It was first produced and sold in Japan as a world strategic model in November 2004. In the following year, production and distribution began in countries including Hungary, India, and China. In March 2012, production and distribution also began in Thailand. Today, the Swift is favored in more than 120 countries and regions around the world to reach three million units of cumulative worldwide sales.

In Japan, the Swift has won the RJC (Automotive Researchers' and Journalists' Conference of Japan) Car of the Year in 2006 and 2011, and the 2005-2006 Japan Car of the Year Special Award 'Most Fun' prize, as well as various car of the year awards in Europe, India and countries worldwide, showing how the Swift is well regarded. In the full model change of 2010, the Swift, as a new standard compact car, has evolved everything such as by adopting a sophisticated design that gives free and stable image, refining the 'brisk driving' feature of the Swift, and also improving the environmental performance. Of the three million units, approximately 13% were sold in Japan, 45% were sold in India, and 23% were sold in Europe.
Source: http://www.4-traders.com/SUZUKI-MOT...uki-Swift-reach-three-million-units-15983996/

Last edited by a moderator:

deville_56

Honoured Member
More sticker editions - Maruti Swift Star

Maruti has just crossed a major landmark with its Swift selling over 30 lakh units worldwide. To celebrate this milestone, the carmaker has launched a limited edition trim of the popular Swift hatchback, called the Swift Star.

The car comes equipped with add-ons such as a double-DIN stereo with Bluetooth, art leather seat covers, a rear roof spoiler, steering wheel cover and designer floor mats. There will be no mechanical changes to the limited edition Swift.

The Swift Star is available in both petrol and diesel guise. However, it will only be available on the base and middle trims at a premium of Rs 23,000.

Prices:

Swift Star LXI: Rs 4.77 lakh

Swift Star VXI: Rs 5.20 lakh

Swift Star LDI: Rs 5.87 lakh

Swift Star VDI: Rs 6.33 lakh

All prices ex-showroom, Thane, pre-octroi.

Maruti launches limited edition Swift

deville_56

Honoured Member
Re: Maruti Suzuki Celebrates 30 Lakh Swift Sales with ‘Star’ Edition

I saw some limited edition with red bonnet and red body kit and still available with dealer. Friend of mine said it was the Swift Star Edition. It was way fugglier than the RS, looked like the Police interceptor. Thought it was done by some idiot customer, but seen many of them ready for delivery at different occasions [frustration]

Some how when I look on the roads, news swift or dzires are seen less these days. Looks like sales are falling down slowly and Amaze and Sail UVA hatch are seen more

deville_56

Honoured Member
Re: Maruti Suzuki Celebrates 30 Lakh Swift Sales with ‘Star’ Edition

I saw some limited edition with red bonnet and red body kit and still available with dealer. Friend of mine said it was the Swift Star Edition. It was way fugglier than the RS, looked like the Police interceptor. Thought it was done by some idiot customer, but seen many of them ready for delivery at different occasions [frustration]
I think Maruti is going mad, I spotted the above-mentioned without body kit and blue bonnet and boot lid. Think they are trying to sell of the inventory with all these crap mods, thankfully they are not advertising them as limited edition.

Some how when I look on the roads, news swift or dzires are seen less these days. Looks like sales are falling down slowly and Amaze and Sail UVA hatch are seen more
Maruti facing the never before competion. i20 killed the Swift and Amaze gonna kill the DZire. Heard waiting periods have reached down to 1 week to 1 month depending on color and variant from the minimum 3 months for the least prefered to upto 6-12 months for ZDi.

The car sales are low,people are confused whether to buy a petrol or a diesel one, because of fluctuating fuel price and the news on withdrawing the subsidy on diesel.
Even Toyota offers 35000k less on their best seller,the market is dull that's it.

Yes Alex, surprisingly XUV 500 sales are fallen down to half from previous months and there are advertisements of XUV 500 , Etios every day in local news papers

Econimic slow down, difference between petrol and diesel prices, the initial cost difference between two engines vehicles, many aspects which are affecting the sales today, where even their best cars, swifts, dzires ertiga all are facing heats.

Top Bottom