Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sail

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Beat

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1
I searched the forum and didn't find comprehensive comparison for maintenance cost across the segment:

Entry level cars such as Eon, Nano and, Santro, Alto 800, Maruti 800, and Spark etc.
A2: i10, Estilo, Wagon R, Alto K 10, Beat (petrol), Indica,
Hatch: Pulse, Micra, Beat, Vista, Fabia, Polo, Figo, Swift, Ritz, Punto, i20, Sail, Jazz, Brio etc.
Entry level Sedan/Compact sedans (C1): Indigo Cs, Dezire, Logan, Ikon, Accent, Fiesta Classic

C2 Sedans: Indigo Vista, Dezire, Sunny, Scala, Vento, Verna, Rapid, New Fiesta etc.

I am restricting my list to this segment. Reasons are: customers in this bracket are price sensitive including spare parts price, repair cost, regular service cost, FE, on time parts availability etc.

Guys please add any car for the purpose, service cost, parts cost (if replaced along with labour charges and time taken to repair/service the vehicle). By doing so we can compare segment leader in terms of total cost of ownership (TCO) vis-a-vis other cars in the segment. Please restrict the regular service cost to fully paid service i.e. 20K in most cases. Please also indicate whether vehicle is diesel/CNG/LPG/Petrol whatever is applicable.

Let me start with Figo (Diesel)
20K service: What is done: Wheel rotation, alignment, balancing and cost of weights used, oil filter change, air filter change, break oil changed, engine oil (semi synthetic priced at Rs300/liter), labour charges, washing and polish on interior panels etc. Total cost is 4500-5000.

Those who own Swift (segment leader and Maruti service is termed as cheap), i20 (premium and one of the costliest hatch which sells in good number and hyundai service is costlier than Maruti, Polo: Europeans are costly to maintain).
Please mention kms, break up of service bill such as labour cahrges, parts oil type and price, fuel type.

Thread Starter #4
None of these thread talk about the service cost including labour charges. Parts price, OTR cost is good part but need to factor in labour charges as well.
Service cost will vary manufacturer wise and also type of mobile oil used. Lets say, Skoda and VW use full synthetic lubricant hence cost of lub along will be around 3800-4000 whereas in Swift, Ritz, Vista, Figo, this is around 1100-1300 on the account of normal lubricant (semi synthetic).

TOYOTA low service cost for diesel cars

I would like to point out that most of toyota diesel cars viz ETIOS, ETIOS LIVA etc have low periodic service costs as the coolant & gear oil are replaced only if their levels come down.I do not understand how gear oil can serve a lifetime with constant wear tear and metallic debris.This is is one thing that makes maintenance of toyota vehicles cheaper henceforth they are preferred by taxi /tour operators.Other companies could also make their R& D more pointed to low service cost technology.

Top Bottom