International Bus & Utility Vehicles Show (Coverage)

Thread Starter #1
SIAM to conduct International Bus & Utility Vehicles Show this month

The Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) will be organizing the third International Bus & Utility Vehicles Show between 15th and 18th of February.

The expo which is set to take place at the Greater Noida Expo Mart will be focusing on SUVs, buses and other utility vehicles. The Greater Noida Expo Mart is the proposed venue for the 2014 Auto Expo and the Utility Vehicles Show can also be used as a sort of rehearsal for preparing the venue for the big event.

The show provides a platform for players in the UV and Heavy Passenger Vehicle (HPV) segment to showcase their new products and technologies. The event will be backed by Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, Government of India.

The participants include Ashok Leyland, Force Motors, GM, Hyundai, Mahindra, Nissan, SML Isuzu, Tata, Volvo and many others. During the announcement of the event, Mr. Vishnu Mathur, Director General- SIAM said, “The low cost SUVs have emerged as preferred family cars due to its spacious interiors, sturdy exterior and road performance. Similarly, the bus industry has been growing tremendously, witnessing significant changes in terms of-technology, safety features and comfort.”

Special workshops by various State Transport Undertaking (STU) will also be conducted as a part of the expo. The visitors are expected to arrive from various domains such as tourism and transport departments of state governments, STUs, tour operators, bus operators, BPO’s, airlines, municipalities, hospitals, educational institutions.

Read more: SIAM International Bus & Utility Vehicles Show announced

Anybody from Delhi planning to cover this event ?

350Z

Core Team
Re: International Bus & Utility Vehicles Show

Anybody from Delhi planning to cover this event ?
I might attend depending upon schedule. The venue is too far though but it will provide a quick preview of Auto Expo and an excuse to enjoy Fiesta on GN stretch. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Quick Visit To International Bus and Utility Vehicle Show - 2013!

Disclaimer: Galaxy was out of battery(And I had no mobile charger with me in car) and hence E63 was used, so sorry for poor picture quality(Pathetic 2MP camera coupled to low lighting spoiled all the joy)

Well it was already 3:30 when I left Agra and I knew that all I have is 2:30 hours to reach the show and click some snaps. Left Agra, started pressing on Yamuna Expressway(it was raining BTW) and finally reached the expo mart in exactly 1 hour and 50 minutes(Around 5:20). Since the closing time was 6 pm so quickly got myself registered and entered the mart. Here is my visitor's pass:
Image0134.jpg

As soon as I entered the mart I was actually disappointed. Why? Actually it looked like companies showed no enthusiasm for this show and except for Tata and Force Motors, no other company actually even tried to display a good product line up.

Here is a list of the vehicles displayed(I remember most of them, so you can make out how long the list can be):
Force motors:
  • Very big range of traveler varying from mini trucks to school buses to luxury tourers.
  • FORCE GURKHA(Three of them and all three looked very special)[clap]
  • Force One

Tata Motors:
  • Divo luxury bus
  • Marcopolo A/C and non A/C deluxe buses.
  • Safari Storme VX 4X4
  • Aria Pride 4X4
  • Sumo Gold
  • One more mini bus.

Nissan:
  • Evalia
  • X-Trail

SML ISUZU:
  • Three buses, don't remember their names though.

Ashok Leyland:
  • Jan Bus mini
  • Jan bus 45 seater version.

Mahindra: They were the most disappointing for me, looks like they didn't wanted to display their vehicle line up. All they displayed were
  • Quanto
  • 2-3 mini buses(that also non luxury ones)

Here are some random pics till then:
Image0098.jpg
Image0127.jpg
Image0101.jpg
Image0063.jpg

Last edited:
Re: A quick visit to International Bus and Utility Vehicle Show-2013!

There are plenty of pics but shortage of time. All will come soon.

Thread Starter #7
How was the event in overall terms, this will be the place which will host auto expo from now on, right.

Thanks for sharing those pics. Though i wish you had taken along a good camera with you. Waiting for more pics especially of the Force Gurkha.

Thread Starter #9
IAB has covered the event so posting their link where you can check out few of the vehicles displayed Report - Let's tour around the Bus & Utility Expo 2013

I am super impressed with the Venture Ambulance vehicle hope they launch it soon, and launch it with BS4 motor as well. if priced under 10L it can bring good volumes to Venture brand.

Attachments

Top Bottom