Storme review -
The good -
* Fit & finish is far better than safari, and quality of plastics is also good, best in sub-15L UV,
* The view of bonnet is good, front visibility is class best,
* The A pillar doesn't obstruct much view & found it to be far better than XUV as it doesn't give any blind spots,
* Cabin is airy, and beige color makes it feel fresh & more roomy,
* 2nd row legroom is fantastic for its class, the seats are comfy, and good visibility even from behind,
* The boot space is good, the jump seats are useless anyway,
* Ride quality, as for Safari, is great, no issues about it. It is far better than XUV or even Fortuner. It simply glides over rough patches, no issues on that.
* Was unable to drive it due to poor steering position. So drove only inside the campus but didn't take on road. Just sat in 2nd row to get feel of ride quality, that's all.
* My shoe size is 11/12, and while leaving clutch, my fingers used to rub against some fibre and almost used to get stuck in it. Didn't face this issue in Aria though (pics of it will be uploaded).
Overall, Storme is very good & VFM
, can take abuse very well & gives good road presence, better than XUV & at par with Fortuner. But for me, not able to drive it was deal breaker.
So, what will I pick among Storme & XUV ? Frankly, none. XUV I was just enable to drive but rest was big disappointment, especially ride quality. But if I would have been able to drive Storme, I would have picked Storme.
Originally Posted by Tornado
@Sclass , I also tried the driver's seat once again , I was also able to touch my thigh to steering wheel when I assumed thigh and legs position similar to which I keep in the sedan , however when I spread my legs little bit away from each other I didn't faced 'thigh touching to steering wheel' problem.
Did everything, no use. Also what matters to me is the distance of brakes, acc etc. from seat. I had to keep my feet in upright position, which starts to pain after few mins. Issue is not just steering touching thighs but also keeping feet pulled upwards, else in normal position, my feet goes behind the pedals & shoe in anycase gets stuck while releasing clutch.
| BTW, you didn't drove the storme .What was the reason ? , thigh touching steering wheel or you didn't wanted to drive an illegaly and fraudulently registered car ?
Haha, no, issue was not with registration. It was properly TC car registered with Pandit Auto. Issue was with steering & pedal position. The pedal issue was also there even in XUV, but steering was just OK.
Having said all this, I found the driving position of Aria to be much better than Storme & XUV, though visibility in storme is better. Will put pics of Aria also.