Hyundai Xcent Compact Sedan Makes Global Premiere (Coverage: Page 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Mr. Ümit Karaarsalan, chairman of Hyundai Assan (joint venture between Hyundai and Turkey’s Kibar Holding), has confirmed that a compact sedan will be made using the next generation i10′s components at the Izmit plant in Turkey.
Mr. Ümit Karaarsalan speaking to Hurriyet Daily -
We will begin to produce new and bigger versions of the i10, which will be set between the i10 and i20. As part of the same platform we can easily produce a sedan, so as soon as we release the other model we will begin to work on sedan production.
The next generation i10, according to media reports, is premiering at the Frankfurt Motor Show this September. Hyundai India may not waste any time in introducing the replacement in India that will launch with a compact diesel engine displacing 1.1 liters. The company is investing US $300 million at its Chennai factory to setup a flexible engine plant and a new press shop facility. These preparations are most likely to welcome the new i10 into Chennai.
Presently Hyundai manufactures petrol engines, and imports diesel motors from Korea.
Besides the diesel and petrols picked from the current lot, the new i10 may also feature a turbocharged, directed injected version of the Kappa engine. At a powertrain conference in South Korea last October, Hyundai unveiled a 1.0 litre TCI engine that produces 105 bhp and 137 Nm.
The Izmit plant may look after the demand from the European markets while the Chennai plant may produce for the Asia Pacific and African regions.
Hyundai can resurrect the Accent brand in India using the i10-based sedan next year. Will the new Accent be an Amaze-style sub-4m notchback featuring new rear doors, a cushy rear seat and a tiny boot?

Read more: 2014 Hyundai i10 will spawn a compact sedan

Re: Hyundai to launch sedan based on i10

with shortened length CS (compact sedan) styling where every manufacturer want to plundge into and capitalise the market, why left hyundai behind? Well on i10's platform with extended wheelbase, lets see what final product hyundai offers with petrol and diesel variants.Market is going to see many new products with getting better and better for consumers to choose from

Thread Starter #3
SCOOP! Hyundai Grand i10 saloon / new Accent coming in 2014

Hyundai has only just revealed the all-new Grand i10 hatchback, which is set for launch in India on September 3. But that’s not all Hyundai has been busy with. The company is developing a saloon derivative of the Grand i10, which is likely to hit Indian roads in the first half of 2014. And it can’t come a moment too soon. The compact saloon segment is one that is witnessing tremendous growth and Hyundai is anxious to launch its own sub- four-metre saloon to grab a slice of the action.

Hence, after the Hyundai Grand i10 hatchback, the next big thing for the Korean carmaker will be the three-box or saloon derivative on the same BA platform to take on rivals like the Honda Amaze and Maruti Dzire. Also, the Grand i10 saloon will fill the large void in the lower end of Hyundai’s model line-up left by the Accent after it was finally phased out earlier this year. In fact, there is a possibility that the Grand i10 saloon, which is an India-only product (and for a few other markets too), could wear the Accent moniker instead of the alpha-numerical ‘i’ nomenclature which is reserved for global products. The new saloon is unlikely to be called the i15 as the ‘5’ numeral, according to Hyundai’s badging policy is meant for crossover products. It is for this reason that the Grand i10 wasn’t christened the i15 either as was erroneously speculated.

To keep costs in check, the Grand i10 and the saloon derivative are likely to be common right up to the B-pillar but the rear section will be completely different with new rear doors and a boot section which, according to company sources, has been well integrated with the rest of the car and doesn’t look like its been glued to the back. Unlike the Amaze, which has a much longer wheelbase than its Brio sibling, the Grand i10 saloon is likely to share the same wheelbase as the hatchback, which is in essence a stretched version of a regular i10 with a wheelbase that is a substantial 100mm longer.

Hyundai’s new compact saloon or next-gen Accent will be powered by the same set of engines as the Grand i10. This includes the familiar 1.2 litre Kappa petrol motor and the all-new three-cylinder 1.1-litre VGT ‘U2’ diesel engine that will debut in the upcoming Grand i10. The compact engine bay rules out the possibility of offering the option of the bigger and more powerful 1.4, four-cylinder diesel motor that does duty in the i20. But, with just a 1.1 diesel, the Grand i10 saloon could have a performance disadvantage against the Amaze and Dzire that have stronger engines.

Where the Hyundai Grand i10 saloon will seriously score over its rivals is with equipment. We expect Hyundai to adopt its usual strategy of equipping its cars with best-in-class features, just as we have seen in the Grand i10 hatchback. And of course, given the economies of scale or sharing of costs the saloon will enjoy with the hatchback, we can expect it to be priced very competitively.

SCOOP! Hyundai Grand i10 saloon coming in 2014 | News | Autocar India

Re: Hyundai To Launch Sedan Based on i10 Grand

Grand i10 sedan will be launched in the Indian market on 4th Feb 2014 during the Auto Expo in New Delhi. Details tweeted by Hormazd Sorabjee, chief editor Autocar India.

Interesting move from Hyundai. I think Amaze will face more heat than Dezire. Will wait and see.[roll]

It going to be a car to watch, considering the pricing of GRAND this sedan will be priced lower than Dzire and Honda.
IMO it will also affect Dzire sales as people who did not prefer Amaze over Dzire due to service network,spares atc reasons may easily opt for this sedan.

Pricing is the key. Dzire will get a new competitor and Amaze will feel the heat. There are some pictures also doing rounds over internet.

i think Grand i10 was replacement of accent and i think its base is gonna be around 540000 ex showroom .

Have to give it to Hyundai, they are really giving Maruti a run for their money.They are plugging all the gaps below the Ten lakh price segment.I won't be surprised if Hyundai overtakes Maruti next decade.

^^Everything seems to be tough for Maruti Suzuki in the next year as so many compact sedans lining up. Ofcourse it will be interesting to see new compact urban SUVs in competition with ES again[:)]

Hyundai Grand i10 sedan spotted testing again

These spy shots are posted by powerdrift

IN THEIR REPORT THEY HAVE MENTIONED THE DIESEL TO BE 1.4 CRDI

Can someone confirm this?...

Attachments

The dimensions and overall body composure looks very much like Amaze.

With tried and tested CRDI technology Hyundai may have a clear winner in their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom