Maruti Suzuki Launches Super Carry LCV at Rs.4.01 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Maruti Suzuki, India's largest car manufacturer, is exploring a foray into India's fastgrowing small commercial vehicle space. The segment is currently dominated by Tata Motors Ace with over 50% market share.

Though the Japanese carmaker had the Omni Van, used as a cargo vehicle, it did not have a competitive offering in the load-carrier segment, due to the absence of a small diesel engine. But with the development of company's two-cylinder, 800 cc, diesel engine for the passenger car shifting to India, it is actively exploring options to use the potential workhorse to enter the small pick up truck market, ET learns.

Maruti Suzuki looking to foray into LCV space with 800 cc diesel engine - Economic Times

Re: Maruti Suzuki Looking To Foray into LCV Space

Maruti Suzuki, India's largest car manufacturer, is exploring a foray into India's fastgrowing small commercial vehicle space. The segment is currently dominated by Tata Motors Ace with over 50% market share.

Though the Japanese carmaker had the Omni Van, used as a cargo vehicle, it did not have a competitive offering in the load-carrier segment, due to the absence of a small diesel engine. But with the development of company's two-cylinder, 800 cc, diesel engine for the passenger car shifting to India, it is actively exploring options to use the potential workhorse to enter the small pick up truck market, ET learns.

Maruti Suzuki looking to foray into LCV space with 800 cc diesel engine - Economic Times
Yeah, right. And here's a scoop pic:lol!:

Attachments

Let us see what plans MS has got this time though i am skeptical about its presence in India but i can vouch for the quality and engine, but never ever they're going to beat the Ace.

Let us see what plans MS has got this time though i am skeptical about its presence in India but i can vouch for the quality and engine, but never ever they're going to beat the Ace.
I strongly don't want you to be wrong, but when it is Maruti, then the consumer's response in un predictable.

I strongly don't want you to be wrong, but when it is Maruti, then the consumer's response in un predictable.
True that is, but i don't know how they're going to price up the vehicles.
Competition in this segment heats up for sure [roll].

Maruti Suzuki entering into Commercial vehicle sector

Maruti Suzuki is well on the road to rolling out its small truck in the sub-1 tonne segment by early 2015. Though the above-1 tonne payload segment is gaining momentum now, Maruti has chosen to enter in the sub-1 tonne segment dominated by Tata Motors and M&M.
Maruti gears up for mini-truck foray - The Hindu

Would it be a wise option for Maruti getting into commercial vehicles. I personally feel entering into commercial vehicle segment will make the brand name to detiriorate.

Re: Maruti Suzuki Looking To Foray Light Commercial Vehicle Segment

Maruti Suzuki's LCV (Y9T) being spotted on test for the first time. The engine will be the 800 cc diesel which is speculated to power the smaller cars like the Celerio , Wagon R.

10403610_715039875227292_2660121508868795718_n.jpg
10464160_715137045217575_6525985288206929929_n.jpg
10527847_715137008550912_7169211943144729851_n.jpg

Timeline Photos

Isnt this the decades old Suzuki Carry for Asia/Europe ?

Isnt this the decades old Suzuki Carry for Asia/Europe ?
While many LCVs in our country looks more or less the same, for e.g., tata zip and ace.

So this vehicle is going to get 2 Cyl diesel powered engine which will then come into Celerio(Speculated)?

^^ That will be horrible for Celerio. 2 Cyl engines sound very high e.g. Tata Ace.

^^ That will be horrible for Celerio. 2 Cyl engines sound very high e.g. Tata Ace.
OT,I heard or saw this weird news in some automobile sight itself, but i'm unable to locate it.

Maruti coming into commercial segments will definitely make Tata and Mahindra (Prominent UV makers) to sleepless nights mode.

Curious to know where would they sell these vehicles? Because Tata has separate dealerships for commercial vehicles, Mahindra too has, If maruti plans to keep a separate dealership, it's well and good(But it would still bring CV customers into the showrooms and service centers), else if they sell/service these alongside passenger cars, those places will be a chaos for sure.[roll]

Act of Maruti Suzuki entering commercial vehicle domain is fair?

India car major Maruti Suzuki plans to try its hands on new products as the company readies to introduce its offering in the light commercial vehicle space next year. Maruti will place completely new dealership network for its commercial vehicles. The company does not want the commercial vehicle and passenger vehicle customer experiences to collide and spoil the overall experience.

We believe that Maruti Suzuki plans to give competition to Tata Motors in the light commercial vehicle segment. However, Maruti is in no mood to suddenly jump into this segment as the light commercial vehicles space is showing negative sales momentum. The April to June numbers in the light commercial vehicle space saw downward growth of nearly 20 percent. Maruti will enter this segment in phased manner and will enter specific regions before starting a fully fledged business and dealership network. The company has already started testing it offering to the commercial vehicle segment (codenamed Y9T) and test mules of the same were spotted on road.

The biggest competition for Maruti in the light commercial vehicle segment will be Tata Ace. Tata Ace is powered by a 0.7-litre and 1.4-litre engine. The 702cc engine puts out 16 hp of power and 37Nm of torque while the 1400cc unit makes 70hp of power and 135Nm of torque.
Courtesy: Motoroids

This new thread is to focus various aspects of the company as a whole when it starts making CVs (commercial vehicles) and PVs (passenger vehicles). Few more specific issues which I wanted to discuss various opinions of the automobile companies, if they are manufacturing both CVs and PVs are as below:
  1. What would be the challenges that the company on a whole like degrading its brand image and the gains and the losses for the brand as a whole.?
  2. As Tata is still suffering a lot to clean up its brand image of commercial vehicle manufacturer/truck maker and Mahindras as a tractor maker, Is it a good decision that Maruti Suzuki has taken to enter into commercial vehicle sector?
  3. Can it still retain that 'Passenger vehicle maker' image or will that be dented?

All can share any opinions/points towards this.

Attachments

Last edited:

Maruti to set up separate network for its upcoming LCV. Will not have an 'ALL INDIA' release but will be limited to certain regions to start with.

And while not using Maruti's 1,400-strong car sales network, the company is open to the idea of collaborating with existing dealer partners for the LCV foray.

New sales network for Maruti's LCV - The Economic Times

Top Bottom