Went yesterday for TD of Nexon at a newly open Tata Dealership. Was attended promptly. They have received only diesel vehicles so far. They noted my license number and off we went for the TD in a blue single tone XZ diesel car.
Following are few of the observations
- car starts with little jerk but settles down very quickly to very silent cabin
- diesel engine is hardly audible and zero vibrations. I felt engine to be very refined. It sounded and behaved much better than brezza's engine.
- clutch is super light but I faced issue with my feet brushing dead pedal while pressing clutch.
- could do only 4km run but could sense good amount of pulling power in 2nd and 3rd gears. Should be very easy to pull ahead of traffic.
- steering is super light but weighs perfectly with speed.
- interiors are way above this segment. One gets feeling of seating in a 25lacs and above car.
- due to black interiors one gets feeling of cabin to be cramped but in actuals there is good amount of space.
- looking at rear seat one gets feeling that they are good for only 2 but in actual fitting 3 at rear should be very comfortable. This may be due to shape like bucket seats and black colour. I made S.A. with me at rear there was plenty of space for third. Just to note that I am 5'9" and on heavier side.
- legroom is decent enough at the rear.
- what i liked most was perfectly reclined back seats. On longer journey they would be just awesome.
- visibility for driver is good only big black strip behind irvm can be bothersome for some. S.A. mentioned that they have already shortened it for one of their customer.
- boot space is enough.
- exterior looks makes it a sure head turner.
- superb ground clearance and wide stance gives it nice squat looks.
- but May be due to peculiar design it makes car look smaller than actually it is.
Overall I am very impressed with this Tata car. I am in market for compact SUV. When I started search I had brezza, wrv, nexon and ecosports on my list. Now after today's TD there is only nexon and ecosports left from the list. Waiting for facelift ecosports but if it doesn't improve on rear back seating comfort and space then no stopping NEXON.