The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   Indian Auto Sector (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-sector/)
-   -   Tata Motors Nexon Now Launched at Rs.5.85 Lakhs (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-sector/10830-tata-motors-nexon-now-launched-rs-5-85-lakhs.html)

caruns 18th December 2015 10:37 AM

Re: Nexon: Tata Motors Compact SUV Based on X1 Platform

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAUREAN CZAR (Post 477682)
Attachment 187978
Attachment 187979
Attachment 188059

There seems to be much difference on the body design between the Concept and the
production version.

check out what happened between Kwid concept and production version. Very rarely concept designs were taken directly to production model like in ford ecospot.

kasscon 18th December 2015 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caruns (Post 477736)
check out what happened between Kwid concept and production version. Very rarely concept designs were taken directly to production model like in ford ecospot.

Even the Hexa concept seems to be same in production. However nexon would change as I believe Tata will try to use parts from Bolt and Zica to put pricing under control. Seems like part sharing from window glasses to rear view mirrors, tachometer console/instrument cluster from Hexa etc

kasscon 18th December 2015 07:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are more spy shots of Grill & Side of Nexon & rendering from Gaadi waadi[:)]

DJ bro@ please use your skills and change the side view mirrors to the sill in the pics and other changes as per spyshots[;)]

DJ bro 19th December 2015 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasscon (Post 477859)
Here are more spy shots of Grill & Side of Nexon & rendering from Gaadi waadi[:)]

DJ bro@ please use your skills and change the side view mirrors to the sill in the pics and other changes as per spyshots[;)]

This Gaadiwaadi rendering is not even close to the production car. Just look at it's bonnet length and roof-line. They have copied and pasted door-panels from the Zica. The rear door is too small and of course, the mirrors are on the wrong place.

I have already rendered the Nexon:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...compressed.jpg

navnit013 19th December 2015 04:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If I had my way, this would be my Nexon.

Attachment 188188

Long bonnet. Fog lamps back into the lower bumper air dam. Big wheels [;)]

incarnation 19th December 2015 05:20 PM

@navnit that sure does look like a 10 second car. Wish TATA comes with such bold designs nevertheless Nexon also looks good.

TAUREAN CZAR 20th December 2015 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navnit013 (Post 478013)
If I had my way, this would be my Nexon.

Attachment 188188

Long bonnet. Fog lamps back into the lower bumper air dam. Big wheels [;)]

Wow Navnit! I loved your design concept. It is more inspiring then Evoque.
Three Cheers!!!

gaddambhargavareddy 20th December 2015 12:04 PM

For me it seems like TATA NEXON will carry lots of design elements of TATA HEXA look at on lower end front bumper portion both TATA NEXON and TATA HEXA carry same design in bumbers including fog lamps positioning and may be only difference between NEXON and HEXA is that NEXON carry bold and curved slingshot lines and HEXA carry sharpe lines

vm2011 22nd December 2015 12:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 188366

Tata Compact SUV India Launch, Price, Specifications, Nexon

gaddambhargavareddy 24th December 2015 12:29 PM

According to ACI report FIAT put hold on 1500cc multijet engine development plans that currently under going process in TATA-FIAT facility main reason behind this decision is that TATA started working their own 1500cc Revotorq motor and maruti is too in same way. So FIAT dont want to invest heavy on their new engine due to low demand.

And its also clear that TATA NEXON Comes with TATA's onw diesel engine instead of fiat sourced engine and comming back to this new tata engine will maybe based on tried and tested TATA's 475DI engine block but this time they are upsizing 1396cc to 1499cc but lets see how this engine will perform

kasscon 7th January 2016 05:54 PM

Tata Motors’ plan of introducing the production Tata Nexon within 24 months of its Auto Expo 2014 showcase is still “more or less” on, Mr. Pratap Bose, Head of design of Tata Motors told Indian Autos Blog.
When asked about the production-ready sub-4m crossover, Mr. Bose said –

We want it to be a show-stopper. It has to be outstanding. We were told that we’re late in getting into that market, but even if we’re late, we’ll redefine this segment. If you look at the market, some take a large product and try to compact it. But we’re not doing that. Right from the beginning we’ve designed it for 3,995 mm. The Nexon will redefine the segment.

Spyshots have shown Nexon prototypes on test, and the overall design appears to closely match the Auto Expo concept. According to Mr. Bose, the production Nexon will “stay true to the concept car”, such that when people see it, they “can’t tell the difference”, he said.

Obviously, the Nexon will ditch its suicide doors favoring conventional hinges, but the designer hinted that the product will look modern and attractive rather than butch and old-school, a design language chosen by some competitors.

Sources say that Tata will showcase a production-ready version at the forthcoming Auto Expo 2016, which is scheduled in the first week of February 2016. However, a launch is expected towards the second half of this year.

msjawahar 7th January 2016 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
According to Mr. Bose, the production Nexon will “stay true to the concept car”, such that when people see it, they “can’t tell the difference”, he said.

Read more: Tata Nexon production version will be show-stopper: Designer

Nanofreak 7th January 2016 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msjawahar (Post 481819)
According to Mr. Bose, the production Nexon will “stay true to the concept car”, such that when people see it, they “can’t tell the difference”, he said.

Read more: Tata Nexon production version will be show-stopper: Designer

I am sure, if this rendering stands true +-20%, it will surely be a show-stopper, all the best TML

DJ bro 7th January 2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanofreak (Post 481825)
I am sure, if this rendering stands true +-20%, it will surely be a show-stopper, all the best TML

Did anyone notice my rendering or not?
Both the other renderings are not correct according to spy pics.

vm2011 22nd January 2016 02:36 PM

Tata Nexon to get 95bhp diesel engine .

Quote:

The Nexon might just have two diesel engines on offer, one is the 1.5-litre Revotorq engine that has been built from grounds-up. this engine will churn about 94-97bhp of power and will come mated to a five-speed manual transmission and an AMT is also likely going to be on offer. Tata might be planning to even use the 1.05-litre diesel on the Nexon, to get a lower priced version.
http://motoroctane.com/news/24119-ta...gine-exclusive