The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   Indian Auto Sector (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-sector/)
-   -   Tata Motors Nexon Now Launched at Rs.5.85 Lakhs (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-sector/10830-tata-motors-nexon-now-launched-rs-5-85-lakhs.html)

thegreatv 6th October 2017 12:04 PM

Re: Tata Motors Nexon Now Launched at Rs.5.85 Lakhs

Was in touch with two Tata dealers in Bangalore and both have received the Petrol test drive vehicles. Will be going tomorrow to take a test drive. Hoping it impresses me enough. Will also be waiting for the new Ecosport and will take a decision after that since I am in no hurry to get the car before the festival season ends.

Vishwas 6th October 2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambit (Post 550416)
No Demo/TD cars in Bhubaneswar. There are 8 cars in showroom. All diesel. You are being allowed to drive within showroom premises only.

[surprise] Does the Showroom Premises have enough space to run around the car? like doing 50s to 60s, Suspension checks and other stuff?

Quote:

Petrol cars havnt been dispatched yet!! Is Tata not expecting much sales from Petrol?
When compared to diesel variants, petrol counterparts will have less sales I believe, maybe they would get it only on demand of the bookings.

Beattheroad 6th October 2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishal_kap (Post 550388)
Congrats, which Concorde showroom in Delhi,

Color and variant..

Happy driving...

Bro I'm not sure if this is ok to share more detail here. This may create problem for my SA. That's purely depends upon your skills. I managed to convince them on following point-
I live in Gurgaon and Gurgaon registration is 7k cheaper than Delhi.
Through I have address proof for Delhi and Gurgaon both.
On this point point they allowed my to buy insurance outside.

Good idea is you try to call all tata dealers across NCR ask them if they have nexon available for sales, mention them I want to buy today itself. I advise to complete your loan formalities in case you need load. If you are sitting on table for with payment it's very easy to negotiate.
In fact I managed to convince another dealer for 5k discount.
If they feel you are a potential buyer with money in hand, they also have fear that you may buy from other dealer. It's a mind game bro.

Wishing you success!
Beattheroad

Hello Guys,
This is useful information for XZ+ buyers or any other who have tata keyless cars.
Yesterday after delivery when I reached Tample, my wife just taking out key from the car. She pressed some key by mistake. Engine was on that time. Car immediately stopped and refuse to start. I reviewed manual as there is some special sign on MID. So it is immobiliser sign which turned on. I was all penic as manual says contact tata authorised service centre. I called my SA, very helpful guy through its Concorde. He connected me to some other guy. Please find below the procedure in case you face similar problem.
Take car in neutral gear.
Press complete clutch
Hold key in your one hand and push button on other hand. Keep pressing car unlock button along with push button until your MID and infotainment light goes off. You will also hear a click sound at this point (I don't noticed but technical guy told me this).
Your car is off now and you need to come out of car look it once with lock button.
Unlock the car get in and try to start

Happy motoring!
Beattheroad

vishal_kap 6th October 2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beattheroad (Post 550425)
Bro I'm not sure if this is ok to share more detail here. This may create problem for my SA. That's purely depends upon your skills. I managed to convince them on following point-
I live in Gurgaon and Gurgaon registration is 7k cheaper than Delhi.
Through I have address proof for Delhi and Gurgaon both.
On this point point they allowed my to buy insurance outside.

Good idea is you try to call all tata dealers across NCR ask them if they have nexon available for sales, mention them I want to buy today itself. I advise to complete your loan formalities in case you need load. If you are sitting on table for with payment it's very easy to negotiate.
In fact I managed to convince another dealer for 5k discount.
If they feel you are a potential buyer with money in hand, they also have fear that you may buy from other dealer. It's a mind game bro.

Wishing you success!
Beattheroad

Hello Guys,
This is useful information for XZ+ buyers or any other who have tata keyless cars.
Yesterday after delivery when I reached Tample, my wife just taking out key from the car. She pressed some key by mistake. Engine was on that time. Car immediately stopped and refuse to start. I reviewed manual as there is some special sign on MID. So it is immobiliser sign which turned on. I was all penic as manual says contact tata authorised service centre. I called my SA, very helpful guy through its Concorde. He connected me to some other guy. Please find below the procedure in case you face similar problem.
Take car in neutral gear.
Press complete clutch
Hold key in your one hand and push button on other hand. Keep pressing car unlock button along with push button until your MID and infotainment light goes off. You will also hear a click sound at this point (I don't noticed but technical guy told me this).
Your car is off now and you need to come out of car look it once with lock button.
Unlock the car get in and try to start

Happy motoring!
Beattheroad

Buy from gurgaon you will save in RTO, also you will get 15 years, registeration on RC..

dearcar 6th October 2017 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishal_kap (Post 550440)
Buy from gurgaon you will save in RTO, also you will get 15 years, registeration on RC..

NCR means 10 years isnt it. One line but cant help how to ask in multiplw lines

Beattheroad 6th October 2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishal_kap (Post 550440)

Hi bro, registration is 10 yrs across NCR, confirmed with RTO. Price difference XZ+ ST.
Gurgaon- 10.55, Delhi- 10.62 so 7k difference

sharma.rk 7th October 2017 12:22 AM

As per dealer in Ghaziabad registration is for 15 years in Ghaziabad. Is this correct?

vishal_kap 7th October 2017 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dearcar (Post 550446)
NCR means 10 years isnt it. One line but cant help how to ask in multiplw lines

If you register a Diesel car in Delhi or Noida on RC it will be written 10 years validity.

If you register in gurgaon a diesel car on RC 15 years validity.
In NCR you can drive a Diesel car for 10 years only. So now with a gurgaon registeration, suppose after 7 years you want to sell, them a haryana number will fetch more resale value, in haryana we have town, hissar, rohtak, riwari, bhiwani, where selling would be easy...

dearcar 7th October 2017 08:48 AM

M taking car on lease. First it will be registered in Noida and I have an address of Greater Noida. So at the time of transfer in my name will RTO allow 15 years life.

When I will buy in company name it will be a Noida numner with 10 years

Please suggest. Maximum run per month is 1500 km for me.

M looking at XM diesel vs XZ Petrol

AbhisekVerma 7th October 2017 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dearcar (Post 550458)
Please suggest. Maximum run per month is 1500 km for me.

M looking at XM diesel vs XZ Petrol

1500km asks for Diesel IMO. Petrol cars give poor FE in city traffic compared to Diesel. Hope you can put Day/Night Irvm in XM from TASC as its very important feature which XM misses out.

dearcar 7th October 2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbhisekVerma (Post 550462)
1500km asks for Diesel IMO. Petrol cars give poor FE in city traffic compared to Diesel. Hope you can put Day/Night Irvm in XM from TASC as its very important feature which XM misses out.

Problem is 1500 is maximum. Avg is 1000.

Then i wanted automatic. Rented grand i10 and coming from ecosport didn't like even a bit. Was scared kind of among all high stance powered cars.

Baleno seems out now. Ecosport had ford horror.

So wanted petrol. But heard its underpowered. So getting xm. Thst too only availble in Red.

What to do..huh...super confused.

vikyjoshi 7th October 2017 10:50 AM

Cost wise there is not much of difference between petrol and diesel nexon. Diesel I heard is much better than petrol one. Also maintenance of diesel is not high. My experience with storme for 4 years.
So would suggest you diesel nexon

thegreatv 7th October 2017 04:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Guys today morning had been to a Tata dealer I was in touch with but had never visited. Contacted the SA and informed him that I will be visiting them to take a test drive of both the Petrol and the Diesel Nexon. I was very keen on comparing the two engines before deciding on buying IF I go ahead with this car. I have anyway decided to wait for the new Ecosport since I am in no hurry.

To start with, the dealership experience was excellent and got to meet a couple of young enthusiastic SAs who had good knowledge regarding the Nexon. I told them my requirement and they suggested me that I go with the Petrol model since my running would be around/less than 1000 kms per month. They told me a few things about the car (features and specifications) which I was aware of and told me to take a test drive of both petrol and diesel. They took my Driving Licence and told me to wait for a couple of minutes till they arrange for the gate pass and the test drive vehicle keys. Till then a person serving water/tea came by and offered the same without me asking for it.

Then I was guided to the Test drive vehicles where 2 Nexons were standing one red (single tone) and the other blue (dual tone). First I was guided to the Red one which was the Petrol Nexon since I wanted to test that first. It was on the Sport mode when we started and the initial pickup and response was good and didn't feel any lag.

Clutch was very light, gear shift was smooth and and the NVH levels also were very low for a 3 Cylinder engine. The ODO read 135 kms and the average it was showing was 9 kmpl. I drove the car for around 10 kms on the ORR in Bangalore. There were a lot of bad patches and I must mention that the car took all the potholes in its stride.

My overall driving experience with the Diesel Nexon was similar to that of the Petrol and the things worth mentioning about the diesel engine are that it was obviously more responsive in all modes and the NVH levels were beyond imaginary for a diesel vehicle (atleast for me). It felt more like driving a petrol car. The ODO of the diesel car read 320 kms and the average it was showing was 13 kmpl.

After taking totally 3 test drives till now - two Diesel (from different dealers) and one Petrol I must say I am totally impressed and satisfied with both the engines. The fit and finish, Build quality, quality of materials used, Infotainment system etc etc phew! a long list are all impressive for a car in that segment. The petrol engine may seem a little hesitant to gain speed in Economy mode especially at signals which according to me was not too bad (actually exceeded my expectations) since I was tuned to the negativity from the Media drive reviews.

For people considering the Petrol Nexon please take a test drive and don't rely only on reviews. The FE is surely going to be a little less since it is a turbocharged petrol engine and totally depends on driving conditions and habits too. I myself am considering a Petrol Nexon and I am surely up for it in case I do not like the upcoming Ecosport (I am sure it is going to be very close and confusing [frustration]). I am on a tight budget for the moment due to other commitments and this car indeed offers excellent VFM for customers like me.

All I can say is having owned Maruti Suzuki all my life (and wholeheartedly accept that I was a fan boy until now) I guess the tide has turned for me. The Nexon has permanently changed my opinion about Tata cars for good! [clap]
A few pictures which I had clicked today at the dealership :

Akash1886 7th October 2017 05:33 PM

Buddies,

Here are the videos of Tata Nexon 'XT' Variant. The Exterior is in Single Tone Color.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc87TX-ALEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeX2TnS0iHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az5ZjCutCDg

Sharing of these videos needs full credit to The Automotive India.

Regards

Akash

TAUREAN CZAR 7th October 2017 11:14 PM

Nexon ads have begun on TV. Today's T20 cricket match on Star Sports Nexon ads played. Blue Nexon seems attractive.
Ad was pretty decent and projected the car Completely.