The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   Indian Auto Sector (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-sector/)
-   -   Tata Motors Nexon Now Launched at Rs.5.85 Lakhs (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-sector/10830-tata-motors-nexon-now-launched-rs-5-85-lakhs.html)

thebanik 2nd October 2017 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dearcar (Post 549918)
It has a tad more comfy driver seat. Nexon has too many things going on. Somehow I am confused while everyone sayong nexon is better..why am I feeling driver seat space and seating position aint good amd worse than ecosport

hehehehehe, you are not alone, as I posted quite a few times here, thats exactly the reason I had to drop plans for Nexon. Infact I was given option to take delivery yesterday and passed it on. Will be cancelling my 2 bookins of Nexon on Tuesday, since went on and ordered Rapid Monte Carlo (a completely different segment, [lol])

Quote:

Originally Posted by dearcar (Post 549920)
Petrol was not good. Diesel was fine but I found WRV to be more rev happy.

I found space for driver less than WRV and Ecosport.

Why I dnt know why I am finding seating position cramped than even ecosport

Dont know about WRV, but its definitely more cramped than Baleno, Ecosport, Duster, i20, Verna, Ciaz basically every other car that I have tried during my car shopping...

vishal_kap 2nd October 2017 01:02 AM

Re: Tata Motors Nexon Now Launched at 5.85 Lakhs

Quote:

Originally Posted by dearcar (Post 549920)
Petrol was not good. Diesel was fine but I found WRV to be more rev happy.

I found space for driver less than WRV and Ecosport.

Why I dnt know why I am finding seating position cramped than even ecosport

Please elaborate us all on petrol nexon, like was wrong, can we expect 12 kmpl mileage in city with AC in petrol nexon and what will be average of Diesel nexon??

dearcar 2nd October 2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebanik (Post 549922)
hehehehehe, you are not alone, as I posted quite a few times here, thats exactly the reason I had to drop plans for Nexon. Infact I was given option to take delivery yesterday and passed it on. Will be cancelling my 2 bookins of Nexon on Tuesday, since went on and ordered Rapid Monte Carlo (a completely different segment, [lol])

Bro I liked MC Rapid as well. However what I miss is peace of mind factor.

Whats the deal you got? Discounts ie

Nexon I assume they offered in Red which no one is grabing or they offerrd any other color.

I witnessed niggles as well like average fuel efficiency stuck at 8. Incorrect door warnings.

Only reason I was tilted towards it was no option was there at 9.5 which provided good body structure and a feel good factor.

However driver seating is cramp and cannot ignore that. Add to it could not find a comfy position.

Comfort on road was class leading. glided over bad roads easily. But then, not buying it for bad road comfort.

Baleno has acres of space. Wish maruti had built it better.

Wrv is expensive at 11 L with pathetic plastics used. Petrol 1.2 is dead meat after 70 km speed.

So whats left is baleno cvt or rapid or ciaz AT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishal_kap (Post 549925)
Please elaborate us all on petrol nexon, like was wrong, can we expect 12 kmpl mileage in city with AC in petrol nexon and what will be average of Diesel nexon??

Well on stand alone basis when not commpared with diesel it is fine.

However not very refined. You push it hard a bit and 3 cylinder noise and bit of vibration can be felt.

Gears slots are not great.

As a VFM product its good. Better than WRV and ECOSPORT petrol.

12 kmpl not sure. Test drives were for short distance.

there is a video on you tube where a person showed nexon having an average of 17 on highway. Greater noida highways i.e

thebanik 2nd October 2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dearcar (Post 549938)
Bro I liked MC Rapid as well. However what I miss is peace of mind factor.

Whats the deal you got?

Oh man dont remind me, I know, I am not having peace of mind, havent been able to sleep properly thinking if I have made the right decision. But its the heart winning over the mind. Its the exterior looks which made me ask for TD of Rapid, but its the damn interior cabin quality and ride quality which completely bowled me over. Do take a TD once. Basically it will be a self driven car, so I need a fun to drive car, and there is none better than the Rapid in this segment for sure.
Also, they have a festive offer on a Service Package at Rs. 9,999 which takes care of all the consumables and labor during service, combine it with 4 years warranty, and it means atleast for the first 4 Years, it should be easy on the pocket.

Quote:

Nexon I assume they offered in Red which no one is grabing or any other color.

I witnessed niggles as well like average fuel efficiency stuck at 8. Incorrect door warnings.

Only reason I was tilted towards it was no option was there at 9.5 which provided good body structure and a feel good factor.

However driver seating is cramp and cannot ignore that. Add to it could not find a comfy position.

Comfort on road was class leading. glided over bad roads easily. But then, not buying it for bad road comfort.

Yup it was red dual tone. That was infact my preference, [:D]
Even during my TD of Nexon there were many bugs that were visible, one was it kept shouting co driver door open, kept closing it for like 5 times before realizing its the damn software which is bugged. Also as you mentioned even MID was giving wrong info. But the only reason I had to drop Nexon was the cramped feeling.

Quote:

So whats left is baleno cvt or rapid or ciaz AT.

Have a look at S-Cross Zeta as well. Awesome looks with good features and better build quality than other Maruti cars. Ofcourse with the same engine as Ciaz, it will have no driving pleasure IMO.

thebanik 2nd October 2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dearcar (Post 549939)

there is a video on you tube where a person showed nexon having an average of 17 on highway. Greater noida highways i.e

In the same video if I am not mistaken about the video, he claims city average as 12, and combine average of his trip being 14 Kmpl

Prabhagar 2nd October 2017 05:33 PM

12 Attachment(s)
Happened to visit my dealership on last Friday and got to test drive petrol variant for a short spin of ~4 KM. Here are some of my observations (purely from my Tiago ownership experience). I have asked for a longer TD once the initial hype settles down at the dealership.

1. NVH: Lot better than Tiago but nowhere close to the Hondas. To me it is a huge leap forward from Tiago.
2. Clutch was super light and gear shifts better than Tiago.
3. Engine redlines at 5500 RPM in city mode; 6000 RPM in sports mode, did not try eco mode. Felt a bit guilty to redline a brand new engine with just 80 KM on the odometer.
4. ICE: Felt slightly powerful audio but not deep bass like Tiago. Touch screen response is very good.
5. Steering is the same one as Tiago and behaves the same way - light at slow speeds and weights up with speed.
6. Paint job is definitely better than Tiago, felt premium to the touch.
7. Front seats looked same as Tiago but the SA said it's a size wider.
8. Diesel had Bridgestone Turanza and Petrol had Good Year Assurance rubber.

Petrol TD Car:
Attachment 233151

Diesel TD Car (could not drive this as they were preparing for Pooja):
Attachment 233146

Foam on both ends of the hood:
Attachment 233149

Padding behind front wheel well:
Attachment 233157

Front seat:
Attachment 233155

That ugly black out:
Attachment 233150

Safety reflector?
Attachment 233147

Easier access to fuse box & OBD port:
Attachment 233148

Visible rear seat bolts:
Attachment 233154

Partial wheel well cladding at the back:
Attachment 233153

Don't know the use of this plate in rear wheel well:
Attachment 233156

Good to see plastics between seat & body which is easy to clean than carpet:
Attachment 233152

thegreatv 2nd October 2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prabhagar (Post 549963)
Happened to visit my dealership on last Friday and got to test drive petrol variant for a short spin of ~4 KM. Here are some of my observations (purely from my Tiago ownership experience). I have asked for a longer TD once the initial hype settles down at the dealership.

1. NVH: Lot better than Tiago but nowhere close to the Hondas. To me it is a huge leap forward from Tiago.
2. Clutch was super light and gear shifts better than Tiago.
3. Engine redlines at 5500 RPM in city mode; 6000 RPM in sports mode, did not try eco mode. Felt a bit guilty to redline a brand new engine with just 80 KM on the odometer.
4. ICE: Felt slightly powerful audio but not deep bass like Tiago. Touch screen response is very good.
5. Steering is the same one as Tiago and behaves the same way - light at slow speeds and weights up with speed.
6. Paint job is definitely better than Tiago, felt premium to the touch.
7. Front seats looked same as Tiago but the SA said it's a size wider.
8. Diesel had Bridgestone Turanza and Petrol had Good Year Assurance rubber.

Petrol TD Car:
Attachment 233151

Diesel TD Car (could not drive this as they were preparing for Pooja):
Attachment 233146

Foam on both ends of the hood:
Attachment 233149

Padding behind front wheel well:
Attachment 233157

Front seat:
Attachment 233155

That ugly black out:
Attachment 233150

Safety reflector?
Attachment 233147

Easier access to fuse box & OBD port:
Attachment 233148

Visible rear seat bolts:
Attachment 233154

Partial wheel well cladding at the back:
Attachment 233153

Don't know the use of this plate in rear wheel well:
Attachment 233156

Good to see plastics between seat & body which is easy to clean than carpet:
Attachment 233152

Nice. Did you fell the engine was lethargic initially? And how was your overall experience as compared to the diesel engine?

InsaneTurbo 2nd October 2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prabhagar (Post 549963)

That ugly black out:
Attachment 233150

This blacked out portion on the windshield looks like kind of sunshade for the floating screen right?

Prabhagar 2nd October 2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreatv (Post 549965)
Nice. Did you fell the engine was lethargic initially? And how was your overall experience as compared to the diesel engine?

Coming from Tiago, it felt better but I would reserve until a longer TD through dense city roads. I did not drive the diesel Nexon to compare them both.

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsaneTurbo (Post 549966)
This blacked out portion on the windshield looks like kind of sunshade for the floating screen right?

Yes, and also the IRVM itself appears to be placed a bit lower than usual.

dearcar 3rd October 2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebanik (Post 549940)
Oh man dont remind me, I know, I am not having peace of mind, havent been able to sleep properly thinking if I have made the right decision. But its the heart winning over the mind. Its the exterior looks which made me ask for TD of Rapid, but its the damn interior cabin quality and ride quality which completely bowled me over. Do take a TD once. Basically it will be a self driven car, so I need a fun to drive car, and there is none better than the Rapid in this segment for sure.
Also, they have a festive offer on a Service Package at Rs. 9,999 which takes care of all the consumables and labor during service, combine it with 4 years warranty, and it means atleast for the first 4 Years, it should be easy on the pocket.

Yup it was red dual tone. That was infact my preference, [:D]
Even during my TD of Nexon there were many bugs that were visible, one was it kept shouting co driver door open, kept closing it for like 5 times before realizing its the damn software which is bugged. Also as you mentioned even MID was giving wrong info. But the only reason I had to drop Nexon was the cramped feeling.

Have a look at S-Cross Zeta as well. Awesome looks with good features and better build quality than other Maruti cars. Ofcourse with the same engine as Ciaz, it will have no driving pleasure IMO.

We had same car then. Red in a petrol with software bugs.

Only reason now I amnin doubt else was going for XM in diesel.

thegreatv 3rd October 2017 12:16 PM

I forgot to mention I experienced a weird issue with the infotainment system during my TD. The screen is suppose to change colors according to the driving mode set but the screen was stuck at Green color (Economy mode) for all the modes and even the SA who was accompanying me was surprised and didn't know what to say. I tried changing the modes 2-3 times but the color on the screen never changed. Not a big issue but just mentioning what I had experienced.

InsaneTurbo 3rd October 2017 12:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tata Nexon XZA (AMT) spotted undisguised !
Attachment 233176

vikyjoshi 3rd October 2017 12:59 PM

So differences that we now now between XZ+ and XZ variant is absence of
1. Start/stop push button
2. Tambour door,
3. Rear wash wipe

Not sure of 60-40 split in rear, Projector headlamps with DRLs, Alloys, Seat hieght adjustment,

InsaneTurbo 3rd October 2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikyjoshi (Post 549999)
So differences that we now now between XZ+ and XZ variant is absence of
1. Start/stop push button
2. Tambour door,
3. Rear wash wipe

Not sure of 60-40 split in rear, Projector headlamps with DRLs, Alloys, Seat hieght adjustment,

Tata Motors may be targeting the same XZ+ price [roll] at the launch without further expanding the price range of Nexon !
Personally I wish they launch it as a fully loaded automatic car,but they might be planning it in a phased manner !

Surfer 3rd October 2017 02:03 PM

on Sunday I checked out Nexon.
Nexon looks completely different from other compact suv's. (something like duster but bit smaller)
As mentioned by many, interiors are very nice.
This car will not beat Breeza for sure as many will find it like overgrown bolt.
Looking at everything its still most VFM over compilation.
What I observed is there were so many potential customers coming inside Tata showroom to check it out. [clap] and now at least people get look at Tata car before deciding. [;)]