Special Edition Aktiv Version Maruti A-Star

Thread Starter #1
The A-Star’s special edition Aktiv variant is available for an modest price increase of INR 14,990. The A-Star with the Aktiv Special Edition treatment is available in the VXi and the VXi AT variants. The various changes that the A-Star Aktiv features on its exteriors & interiors:

* Side Body Graphics

* Front, Rear and Roof Graphics

* A-Star Aktiv Logo

* Red finished ORVM

* Roof Spoiler

* Red Bumper

* Blacked Out B-Pillar

* Bright Red Fog Lampover plate

* New Seat Covers

*Steering Wheel Cover

* Redesigned Floor Mats

* Rear Parcel Tray

* Door Sill Guard

* Keyless Security System

Attachments

Re: Special Edition AKTIV Version A-STAR

looks nice for a change in the pictures! On road it may not be so cozy to maintain.

[lol] << This is the first thing I did when I saw pics. As it is, frog like eyes were not enough, adding colors to it made it worse. [lol] [lol]

[surprise] what were they thinking while painting front grill, fog lamp inserts and ORVMs bright RED ? I mean who's gonna buy that after all ?
The already low seller will break its own records in selling low in they make these options standard fitment. I feel like [gun] while seeing such color combination. Could have done much better if only red decals had to be there that would have looked nice alone.

Last edited:

[surprise] what were they thinking while painting front grill, fog lamp inserts and ORVMs bright RED ? I mean who's gonna buy that after all ?
The already low seller will break its own records in selling low in they make these options standard fitment. I feel like [gun] while seeing such color combination. Could have done much better if only red decals had to be there that would have looked nice alone.
they are targeting the younger generation. Surely they would have hired some marketing agency whose inputs contributed to this design. Also December is sluggish for all car manufacturers. It all boils down to gimmicks which generate more sales.

they are targeting the younger generation. Surely they would have hired some marketing agency whose inputs contributed to this design. Also December is sluggish for all car manufacturers. It all boils down to gimmicks which generate more sales.
What younger generation are you talking about. The design of cars looks like it was made for Uncles in 40s and 50s. Younger generation would never go for A-Star.

What younger generation are you talking about. The design of cars looks like it was made for Uncles in 40s and 50s. Younger generation would never go for A-Star.
what i mean is 1st time buyers.

color preferences are subjective, If you have some data to prove your claim , please post here.

AFAIK,40 plus uncles would have enough money to buy a better hatch than ending up in a red white dodo !!

what i mean is 1st time buyers.

color preferences are subjective, If you have some data to prove your claim , please post here.

AFAIK,40 plus uncles would have enough money to buy a better hatch than ending up in a red white dodo !!
I din't say that only uncles buy this car, but I mean was the design of the car would never please any younger generation guy. [;)]

Re: Special Edition AKTIV Version A-Star

This type of cosmetic changes will not help maruti to change declining sales of A star,Instead they have to address the real issue of cramped interiors and high set dashboard etc.

Nothing special about it. This is Maruti's yearly gimmick.The painting and sticker concept seems to be borrowed from preliminary or intermediate school level drawing competition.It is hilarious to call it graphics.So not the young er but the youngest generation is targeted for sure by maruti.

They had done a special job at the time of 'wagonr primea' I was expecting something like that.

Last edited:

Revs

Suspended

:lol!: I think Maruti tried to make thier own '911'!
This car looks really awkward with the color combination. Simple upgrades (like in the Nano special edition) would have been better.

All we can hope now is that this car sells well, if not like hot cakes. But I have a strong feeling of its success because of the Maruti tag is comes embedded with!

Revs

Does maruti have any better idea then to put up those ugly stickers and name it special edition variant in their middle variants mostly Lxi's with additional of accessories and charge for it, would be worth if those additional accessories were given free without any extra charge on this special editions, every year end one car gets this treatment[lol]

I personally feel that the car looks absolutely weird now. Its like the guys at Maruti were sitting with the A-star sketch on paint and clicked the red paint button a couple of times by mistake and were like Ahhaaa thats a limited edition now!!

ronz, their every special edition vehicles looks weird in every aspect as their special edition is their ugly stickers job done on these vehicles which makes some better looking cars weird.[;)]

Top Bottom