The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2012: Your Voice. Your Choice.

Your Vote for 'The Automotive India Car of the Year' Goes To?

• Maruti Alto 800

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Renault Pulse

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Chevrolet Sail U-VA

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire

• Renault Scala

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Maruti Suzuki Ertiga

Votes: 55 20.0%
  • Renault Duster

Votes: 91 33.1%
  • Mahindra Quanto

• Nissan Evalia

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Tata Safari Storme

Votes: 52 18.9%
  • Hyundai Elantra Fluidic

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • Ssang Yong Rexton

• Mitsubishi Pajero Sport

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hyundai Sonata Fluidic

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Toyota Camry

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Audi Q3

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • BMW 3 Series

Votes: 15 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
All new edition of The Automotive India Car of the Year (TAICOTY) is back! And I can vouch that it’s packed with much more excitement than ever before. It’s time of the year when some of the newly launched cars are judged by the majority of Indian car buyers based on their preferences, which ultimately decides what car is truly worth deserving this award. But that’s not enough. You’ll notice several crucial enhancements in this edition of TAICOTY. To begin with, this award is not virtual anymore. The winning car (and its manufacturer) will be awarded a prestigious ‘The Automotive India Car of the Year – 2012’ trophy which will be unveiled as soon as the voting ends. The basic motto of TAICOTY continues to remain the same: Providing a definitive picture of the most admired car amongst the Indian audience. :smile:

The forum moderators have shortlisted certain cars based on specific criteria:

> The cars launched in India from Jan 2012 to Nov 2012. Dec ’12 launches will be included in 2013.

> Only the all-new and new generation models are included. Just facelifts do not qualify for TAICOTY.

> High-end and niche cars have been kept out considering their lesser market share in Indian auto sector.

> The term ‘car’ is not limited to body types such as hatchback, sedan etc. but also includes SUVs / MUVs.

The voting criteria is based on the typical requirements of an Indian car buyer. You should take into account atleast the following aspects (in no particular order):

> Fuel Efficiency

> Value for Money

> Luxury & Comfort

> Safety & Security

> Engine & Performance

> After Sales & Brand Image

Disclaimer:

> Starting from now onwards, the polling is open for one month. i.e. 5th January 2013.

> TAICOTY results will be announced subsequently, followed by unveiling and handing over of the trophy to the winner.

> In an effort to make TAICOTY an unbiased poll, the voter’s name is kept private to prevent votes from getting influenced.

> Guest users hold an equal importance at TAI. Therefore, they are allowed to vote in this particular poll. One guest user can cast one vote only.

> EDIT: Poll is now closed and The Automotive India Car of the Year 2012 award goes to.....Renault Duster! Flip on to Page.11 for more details.

> EDIT 2: The Automotive India Car of the Year 2012 Trophy has been now handed over to Renault. Visit this link for more details.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
The Automotive India Car of the Year 2012 Nominees

Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 (Starting Price: Rs.2.73 Lakh)

Renault Pulse (Starting Price: Rs.4.31 Lakh)

Chevrolet Sail UV-A (Starting Price: Rs.4.51 Lakh)

Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire (Starting Price: Rs.5.06 Lakh)

Renault Scala (Starting Price: Rs.7.05 Lakh)

Renault Scala Launch.JPG

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga (Starting Price: Rs.6.13 Lakh)

Renault Duster (Starting Price: Rs.7.29 Lakh)

Mahindra Quanto (Starting Price: Rs.6.09 Lakh)

Nissan Evalia (Starting Price: Rs.8.48 Lakh)

Tata Safari Storme (Starting Price: Rs.9.95 Lakh)

Hyundai Elantra Fluidic (Starting Price: Rs.12.73 Lakh)

Ssang Yong Rexton (Starting Price: Rs.17.77 Lakh)

SsangYong Rexton.jpg

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport (Starting Price: Rs.24.62 Lakh)

Hyundai Sonata Fluidic (Starting Price: Rs.18.85 Lakh)

Toyota Camry (Starting Price: Rs.24.09 Lakh)

Audi Q3 (Starting Price: Rs.28.12 Lakh)

BMW 3 Series (Starting Price: Rs.29.15 Lakh)

Note: The starting price is Ex. Showroom, New Delhi for all cars mentioned above.

It has tobe Renault Duster for me, although it is a plain car with very little extra tid-bits and a little expensive. But, it has a great design, robust build, acceptable interior quality and good fit & finish, reliable engine, great suspension, reduced weight of the car of that size and with those low power figures still it manages to beat the heavy Indian SUVs by a margin.

For me it would be Storme undoubtedly and for the very reasons of highest levels of improvements that a vehicle has ever seen from it's predecessor model. Storme is leaps and bounds ahead of the old gen Safari in terms of engine refinement, paint quality, interior space and over all fit and finish. For an SUV of it's size it's really remarkable as to how TATA has reduced the body roll and enhanced the braking of the vehicle.

freakdude.

Renault Duster Of course

Renault india did a very intelligent job to search a vacant space in the indian market and bring one of its finest global products here and fit it in this space

Renault caught the pulse (not the car i mean [:)] ) of the aam junta here in india and their fascination for SUVs / UVs and launched the correct product

Renault kick started a new segment itself and now all others have to compete for that market share pie (small SUVs)

Quanto, Ecosport, etc are all followers while Renault has lead this segment with the Duster launch and taking the market by storm (again i dont mean the car [;)] )

Definitely this year belongs to Renault Duster

Why did i not vote for Maruti Ddzire, Ertiga etc? - Because 50% of the success tasted by any new launched Maruti product is because of the Maruti tag even if the product is ok or mediocre (i am not against Maruti) but Car of The year - Really??? Big Noooooooo

If i would have 2 choices - I would vote for the Quanto. It is kickstarting an exciting phase of mini and affordable SUV design cars (Quanto IMO is a SUV design car, not an SUV)

But overall well done M&M & RENAULT - Thumbs Up the year belongs to you

Duster is it for me.

First on many counts.
Though a bit overpriced , it can be because of the first mover advantage.
Hopefully the maruti Xa Alpha would end that domination soon.
Also this would then usher in new gen monocoque SUVs which fulfill all the requirements of the urban folk.
Better GC, better view of the road, lighter body shell resulting in better fuel efficiency,
and better handling at high speeds.

For me it is Duster.

Car from the company which is not Maruti, Hyundai, TATA or Mahindra and a hit on sales chart. Long term ownership of the same will be interesting, but as of now, it is a winner.

I am still confused..
Still thinking which of these cars come as the best package overall with the best balance of comfort, performance, maintenance, running costs and utility on offer.
Though, I am again and again getting biased towards DZire(on the overall scale as a car) but still, yet to cast my vote.

Persoanlly I hate Duster for its looks.But as a new entrant it set an exaple for how a car should be launched in market for success. Iam yet to see a bad review about it.
Duster wins.

Duster for me from the list given.I am not going to buy it though thanks to Lack of feartures, dull design of the Dash and the pathetic look of its rear.

Maruti Ertiga, created all new MPV segment with every other company wanting to launch their compact UV vehicles,national engine perfect indian family mover as wanted in market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom