Honda Developing New Car Smaller Than Brio

Thread Starter #1
Hinting its interest in the entry level small car segment, Japanese carmaker Honda is developing a new car that is smaller than the Brio hatchback. Honda had earlier indicated that it would focus on high volume segments in emerging markets like India, China and South East Asia. Honda's new small car will be based on the N-Series platform.

Honda is looking at motorcycle users who want to graduate to cars as its potential buyers for its new small cars. These small cars will be developed in such a way that they are suitable for multiple engine capacities and wheel bases.

28-honda-n-box.jpg

The N-Series cars have been launched in Japan under the Kei car segment. Kei cars are mini cars that are preferred by city drivers for their small size and easy manoeuvrability. There are three cars in Honda's N-Series - the N-Box, N-Box+ and the N-One.

Honda's N-Series cars are very popular in Japan. They are powered by small turbocharged petrol engines that deliver impressive performance while being fuel efficient. This is a perfect combination for Indian roads.
Just to indicate the kind of mileage Honda's small cars deliver, the N-One's mileage is a whopping 27kmpl. Honda has added CVT gearboxes to its Kei cars. If it does the same to the new range of small cars it is developing, then these cars will be a breeze to drive.

Honda's new small cars are also expected to be priced low This could mean it is going to be an all Japanese challenge with Nissan. Nissan is also planning to launch low cost small cars through its recently revived Datsun brand in India.

If Honda does launch small cars smaller than the Brio there will be some more competition in an already competitive small car segment in India.

Source : Drivespark

If the rear doors aren't sliding ones, then does that mean they are similar to the ones on Rolls Royce. :P

haha, that looks a bit odd. And that even reminds me of a vehicle which is not available here. Can't remember the name!
I wonder when this will hit the market. And 27 kmpl? serious? [surprise]

If this car comes here, I'll be the first one to buy this, and then take out my baseball bat and smash this crap to pieces right at the dealer's place [anger]. What is HONDA upto??? After City, Civic and Accord we are presented with THIS? [frustration]

freakdude.

The front seems to me like grill of CRV and the bumper of some truck. This is completely out of proportions. Skydivers might prefer this instead of a parachute, after all its so aerodynamic :P

I just don't understand what are these car companies think about India. They think on brand name and FE figures they can sell any crap here. If this is ever seen on Indian road then I will just destory it ith cricket bat. [anger]

A practical design. Maximum utilization of space. Hope this gives an idea to MnM and they launch a Giocar (not Joker[;)])

Hey hold on friends !! see these and make your comments

It looks something like MUV[:)]

Attachments

Top Bottom