2014 Tata Aria Facelift Prices .
1. In terms of cosmetics, revised headlamps with a black bezel, clear lens tail lamps and body decals are the visual changes on the facelifted Aria.
2. The Aria gets a 2.2 liter VARICOR turbo diesel engine borrowed from the Safari Storme. This diesel motor now produces 148 Bhp of peak power, a 10 Bhp increase over its previous output of 138 Bhp. The torque output at 320 Nm remains unchanged though. The 5 speed manual gearbox has been retained.
3. Other major mechanical changes on the facelifted Aria are aimed at improving reliability and longevity. A new timing belt and an improved clutch are the two major changes in this regard.
4. Increased fuel efficiency of an ARAI rated 15.05 Kmpl, a good 10 % improvement over the previous figure of 13.51 Kmpl, is another improved aspect of the facelifted Aria.
5. 10 speaker (6 speakers and 4 tweeters) Harman Kardon music system with an 8 channel DSP amplifier is a major addition to the Aria’s infotainment system.
Ex-Showroom Delhi prices of the Aria Facelift are listed below:
Aria Pure LX 4X2 : Rs. 9,95,006
Aria Pleasure 4X2 : Rs. 12,00,010
Aria Pride 4X4 : Rs. 14,74,002
Top end variants of the Aria are equipped with ABS
, ESP and airbags. Tata Motors seems to have missed a party trick by not equipping the Aria Pure LX with the bare minimum of ABS
, a feature that’s very necessary in a vehicle that weighs nearly 2 tons. Having disc brakes on all four wheels do help matters to a certain extent though.