I have finished posting all the pics I have taken during the Auto Expo !! Now its time for my personal subjective short report/review of the Expo. Impressions of Expo
- I felt it was bit long to travel to Noida all the way, lot of traffic jam for 4 to 5 kilometers. Though the halls at previous Venue(Pragati Maidan) were bigger than Noida, but it is just not possible to control those many visitors cars and the crowd outside the P.Maidan.
- The parking lots were huge, but were dusty, with big path holes all around. It could have made little good with a proper soil or a tar tarmac.
- The distance from parking lot 2 to the venue is very long, shuttle buses used were not good at all. The bus travels very slow and he took lot of time to drop us at the venue.
- I expected that I get amazed with the new venue at Noida(I think it is hyped a lot), but was not that exciting to me(BIEC grounds at Bangalore has much better approach and entry to the halls)
- Since the venue is newly made I hope, the halls layout could have been one after other. I mean if you enter the hall 1, then you should be able to go to the last hall from inside itself without a confusion of missing any car. They could have given a big walk way in middle of the each hall and kept all the display cars on both sides with barricades.
- Food stalls were not upto the mark and pretty costly for any item. They were just trying to make money as nothing was available out side the venue. With the kind of crowd on saturday, most of the items were sold out and huge line in front of each food stall.
- Organisers failed to guess the crowd on weekends, so entire halls were jam packed inside and even at the food joints. Hope they could do better arrangements in future anticipating the number of visitors on weekends. So it was a pain to visit on weekends, as crowd never allowed us to check any model bit in detail. About each manufacturer and their display:
I am putting this up the sequence I visited. I missed going to Audi/BMW/Merc hall as they stopped us as the crowd was full in the hall. I missed Chevy stall with confusion about its location. I have seen the stall in the end, but due to time constraint I left it. 1. Honda
: Impressive display with their New City,Mobilio. I liked the New City, it really looks huge. 2.Toyota:
: New Corolla was good, Innova new one was not that impressive. Stall layout was good 3.TATA:
Most impressive stall for me. It just started with Rovers and Jaguar. Then towards Nano and Xenon, concept versions. Then to the most popular of the lot.. Bolt :
Excellent change in front, rear looks like a evoque a bit, little of Vista curves are seen on the rear back portion when you look at from side angle. Interiors look awesome and display car alloys too. I liked it much. I think they also came up with that AMT transmission, but launch seems to be in June and by the time Celerio its away the market for sure. Zest :
A fresh chicken all together fitted with popular fiat engine. Car looks well balanced and never looked like a compact one. Really a good impressive sedan and TATA has done a commendable job on this. Price is the key here for its success and I wish TATA takes care of its dealers and famous A.S.S otherwise however is the car good, it will die down soon.
Both cars display a tremendous paint job and finish.
Strome Ladakh and Sumo extreme were really awesome, Nano looks pretty good in that orange color. Venture also looks good along with few buses and trucks displayed. Overall an impressive stall among others. Surprisingly there was no Aria and also they have not displayed Vista and Manza too. Mahindra
: Pretty disappointed with the stall as they have displayed all the old models which are in the market except a Reva, Holo, a Rexton. Pretty dull stall to me. VW
: Displayed models were few old and few new I think, impressive was Taigun to me. Fiat
: Punto and Linea were old models, a compact SUV and Abarth attracts you. Suzuki
: Most crowd is seen in this stall again. Most of them were around the Celerio, it really grabbed attention. There were some concept with modified present models. Celerio looks fairly good to me and I expect it may sell well. Hyundai:
A new car Xcent, didn't appeal to me that much and others are same Ford
: New Fiesta is really impressive and if priced well can really pull the numbers. Liked its wide bold front grill. Bikes & Scooters
: New Activa 125 looks good and the Vespa stall looks good. All others did not appeal to me very much and too much of crowd never allowed me to look at them in detail.
So finally it was a mixed feeling and my mistake is to select a weekend to go there. Lot of compact cars seen and most of them may not come on Indian roads. I felt that they should display something which will come in to the market soon. Also they should mention the tentative time when a model will be available in the market, because at times each executive say different months(This apply to every manufacturer).
Special thanks to Nitin who took me to the show and dropped me back. Enjoyed the company of our member @vroom.