Nissan Sunny Diesel @ Rs.7.98 Lakhs. Bookings Now Open

Thread Starter #1
Specifications of the Nissan Sunny diesel. The diesel variant is unlikely to be launched in 2011 and we’re surprised to hear that the launch may not happen even during the Auto Expo. Nissan could introduce the vehicle in late January or February 2012 at a premium of 75-80k rupees over the petrol variants. The Sunny uses the Micra’s engine and transmission tuned differently.

Indian Autos Blog | Indian Automobile Blog | Auto News India | Car News India

Attachments

Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel Launching Early Next Year

Hi, diesel in sunny will help very much to improve sales. 70k more will be competitive price.

No way Nissan will price it under 8 lac rupees, else this could be a game changer if priced anywhere under 7 lakhs.
Sunny has to be priced at par with Manza to survive, else at lower end, people will opt for Manza & rest will go for Rapid/Vento & this will be then added to FAILED CARS LIST [lol].

Hope Nissan is reading this.

350Z

Core Team

Exclusive! Nissan has just opened up the bookings for Sunny Diesel. Here is the price list:

- Nissan Sunny XL (D): Rs.7,98,000
- Nissan Sunny XV (D): Rs.8,78,000

Pointers from the Press Release:

- Departing from the industry norm, Nissan has adopted a uniform pan-India pricing strategy, whereby the ex-showroom price of the Sunny Diesel will remain the same across all states. The only variations will be in terms of VAT, Entry Tax, Octroi and other local taxes levied by states/cities.

- The Sunny Diesel, a result of significant inputs from the Indian market and powered by the most notable K9K diesel engine to emerge from the Renault-Nissan alliance, has a fuel efficiency of 21.64 kmpl (ARAI certified) and is ideal both for a city drive as well as for exploring the countryside.

- The diesel variant is powered by a modern 1.5-liter, 4-cylinder K9K engine that churns out 86PS of power @ 3750 rpm and a maximum torque of 200 Nm @ 2000 rpm, and five speed manual transmission. It is the first time Sunny is offered anywhere in the world with a K9K Diesel engine.

- Aimed at India’s fast-growing group of young professionals, the Sunny Diesel mirrors the petrol variant’s sophisticated style and roomy interiors. It is the second model after the Micra hatchback to use Nissan’s pre-eminent ‘V’ platform that carries advanced engineering to deliver a modern, light weight structure, that provides integral strength, robust ride refinement and dynamic on-road behavior.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Aaah, this is more expensive than Skoda Rapid [frustration].
We get Aura+ Manza QJet at price less than this, ON-ROAD.
Why will one by Nissan Sunny by paying over 20k over Rapid then ? I am no fan of Skoda, but Nissan Sunny feels expensive for this price.

A whopping price difference of 2.3+L between petrol base model & XL (D) is huuuge.[anger]

Last edited:
I think all the Japanese manufacturers have one problem with them(Leave Suzuki here as its here Maruti Suzuki-Indian):-
The problem is that they never learn from other's mistakes,they want their own personal lessons and hence they commit their own mistakes...same is with Sunny Diesel.

Base model 7.98 lakhs [shock].
I don't think this is the game changer for Nissan. Price should be below 7 lakh ex-showroom

I was expecting a 7-7.5 lakh on road, but now it is going beyond 8 for the base variant. Crossing over 8, people will think twice, but I heard just now that Sunny is pulling up Nissan's market in India.

The Tatas and Toyotas can rest easy. Nissan has priced itself out. The point that is really strange is XV costs 80K more than the XL. What is so special in the XV variant?

Thread Starter #13
This is overpriced , Nissan lost a change to attract some mass market. Even manza is much much more VFM now.

This seems like a suicidal pricing. Is diesel a premium product to shell out so huge?
Yes, especially when the cost of manufacturing diesel engine is almost the same as that of petrol. Look at Renault Fluence, diesel cheaper than petrol, Mercedes, BMW, Audi......there is negligible price difference between them in terms of %age, in some cases diesel cheaper than petrol.

When Nissan can price Micra diesel at 40k premium over petrol, why the hell such a huge premium for diesel ?

I was expecting a 7-7.5 lakh on road, but now it is going beyond 8 for the base variant. Crossing over 8, people will think twice, but I heard just now that Sunny is pulling up Nissan's market in India.
+1. I was expecting around 7L for base, 7.5 for mid & 7.8 for top end, on road. Seems top end on road prices have become entry level ex-showroom prices [lol].

This is overpriced , Nissan lost a change to attract some mass market. Even manza is much much more VFM now.
Manza will be segment leader now & I thought Rapid will be crushed by Sunny (D), but no. Sunny D will kill itself by suicidal pricing.
Japs never learn, as rightly said by Vipul.
Honda, Q Class & now Nissan.

I have a feeling that when these Foreign Companies are bringing their models to India it is prcied higher than any where else. Am I Correct?

Top Bottom