Hyundai’s New Small Car Eon (Codename: HA)

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Hyundai is all set to challenge the Nano by launching an all new small car with 814cc engine (Codenamed: HA) by the end of 2011. Take a look at these spy shots to get an idea about the size of this car.

Spy-Shot-1_0.jpg

hynd.jpg
Source: Autocar

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Hyundai’s New Small Car (Codename: HA)

Thats a great news for starters. Hopefully Hyundai will rectify the mistakes that Nano has. BTW, was it the driver who seems to be yelling for the spy shot?[surprise]
Cheers,
-N

I wonder what they will name it. The i10 was codenamed the PA. If they follow the current naming style, it should be called the i8.

I was hoping that it woud be the i30. The size is similar to the i10. So are they going to release a newer version of a small segment cars and phase out the i10? Me thinks, if the newer verna going to replace the existing model, then Hyundai sure has plans to release a whole set of new cars, including the Santa-Fe.

Me too, dosen't look like nano competitor but may be alto competitor like RSM said.

Last edited by a moderator:

I feel this would be placed in b/w Alto and Nano. Lets wait n watch, by the looks of it doesn't seem to be a Nano competitor. Alto is in some kind of threat i feel.

Ha ha is that driver yelling at the photographer?[lol]

And yeah i too feel it will compete with the Alto and priced in the 2-2.5Lakhs range!

The new Hyundai small car will definitely be a competition for Alto, Spark and the likes. The only thing which isnt getting in my head is that what will happen to the sales of Hyundai's ageing Santro?

Initially everyone expected i10 will be a replacement to Santro. Even though Santro is an aged model, it is still managing to sell in good numbers. Dec 2010 sales numbers for Santro stood at 7000+, which is very decent.

Ohh.. thats great news. Now we have more options for small and compact car. Hyundai is one of the best company in automotive market. Tata nano, maruti suzuki cervo and Hyundai H800.

well i10 is big hit already and if they are going to follow same techniques in small car also then its going to be another success story..now am somehow getting feeling that soon hyundai will overtake maruti in sales!

It is very much going to compete with market leader maruti alto.Very much like its elder bro i10, hyundai seems continuing same front profile for this small i.Rear quater glass is small and more like c shape as to d to i10.It would be great to see a small package from hyundai in below 3 lakh price tag.

Thread Starter #14

350Z

Core Team

This is Hyundai H800 and its major rivals includes the Alto / Cervo (Upcoming) / Spark 800cc etc. Check some of the renderings below, it seems to be another affordable and successful small car from Hyundai.

Hyundai_H800.jpg

2010_hyundai_small_car_gb2.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom