Chevrolet Sail U-VA Hatchback and Sedan Now Launched

Thread Starter #1
GM has confirmed plans to launch the new Chevrolet SAIL in India which will have both Sedan and Hatch back models. Sedan will compete against Suzuki Dzire and is expected to be priced at 5 -7 lakhs. 1.4 L Petrol and 1.3 Fiat Diesel engines will be on offer. It has a boot capacity of 400L, which is in par with Dzire. This is an all new model, recently launched in China. Detailed information is awaited. Till then enjoy the following pictures.

sail210.jpg

sail310.jpg

sail410.jpg

sail510.jpg

sail610.jpg

Looking at the pictures, I think this gonna be a hard hit on Dzire [thumbsup]

Source: Malayala Manorama

Thread Starter #3
Yes! more over, given the Post-Beat reputation for Chevrolet, this should bring some numbers for GM.

Does anyone know the precise launch date?
We're buying a new, that's why I want to know.

It seems cool, but I'll miss the Aveo.[cry]

350Z

Core Team
There’s no confirmation on the exact launch date as of now but the Aveo will be highly missed, if Sail is going to replace it. I bet there is no car in segment yet which can match the interior quality levels like of Aveo. For me, only an update on the looks of Aveo would suffice to make it back into consideration for purchase.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well this ain't replacing the Aveo folks.It would be a noth below the Aveo.The sail has been designed & developed by the GM-SAIC tie up.Since SAIC has taken a stake in GMI this car is headed to India.This would not come very soon.Perhaps in the last quarter of 2011 or most likely in 2012.First the LCV's would come & also the mini Innova(which would have a terrific price tag!).Then the passenger cars from SAIC would come to India.
But before this comes the next gen Aveo would come. GM showcased the Aveo RS concept this year and we have also seen the pictures of the new Aveo sedan.That is likely to come around in a year or so.It would have a 1.3 multijet unit.
GM has slew of models planned for India.They have a wide range to choose from.Wait and watch.

. I bet there is no car in segment yet which can match the interior quality levels like of Aveo.
Drive Safe,
350Z
That's precisely the reason why I prefer the Aveo instead of the Fiesta and Ikon when it comes to hiring a car.

Thread Starter #9
Yes, AVEO is awesome. I think it failed to grab attention only because of FE ? (correct me if I am wrong). If SAIL and a refreshed AVEO is going to co-exist, then it will surely make some dent to Dzire and SX4 sale figure. Indians have started accepting GM after the Beat, I presume!

350Z

Core Team
I was going through our thread of New Aveo and found that more or less it looks alike with the Sail which is pictured above. So most probably the Sail will replace the Aveo because, In case it is sold alongside, Chevy will have to increase the price of Aveo (Even if the new model rolls out) which is not a wise move. And currently, The Aveo retails for approx. Rs.6.5 Lakhs on road, Delhi.

Shynish M said:
Yes, AVEO is awesome. I think it failed to grab attention only because of FE ? (correct me if I am wrong).
Though it is not particularly the Fuel Efficiency but a few factors more including;

• Unexciting Looks.
  • No Diesel Option.
Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z as I pointed out in my earlier post Sail is not a replacement for Aveo.The current Aveo would be replaced by the next gen Aveo which would hit the market before the sail.
This one-
[/IMG]

And the Sail will then follow, positioned below the new Aveo.

The next gen Aveo would would compete with the cars like City,Linea,SX4 etc while the Sail would compete with cars like Dzire,Logan etc.That should clear things.

Thread Starter #15
Oh okay! So, this model either gonna replace existing AVEO as AVEO or the AVEO will be dropped for SAIL. IMO, a refreshed AVEO will be more sensible. Name SAIL belongs to GM as it had the OPEL SAIL earlier. Probably they will launch a hatch back of the same sedan with the name SAIL !!

Mods: Should we merge the thread?

Top Bottom