Toyota Upgrades Faulty Brakes of Fortuner

Thread Starter #1
A number of complaints from Toyota Fortuner owners have prompted the company to upgrade the SUV's brakes. Its brakes were found woefully inadequate when we tested the SUV back in September last year.

And buyer feedback confirms this. According to dealers, the Fortuners delivered after February are equipped with improved brakes which are essentially larger and have thicker front discs similar to the Prado' specs.

The existing Fortuner owners need not worry. Toyota is upgrading the brakes for its existing customers as well, but on a case-to-case basis. Manvendra Singh, an automotive historian, had his Fortuner's brakes upgraded and says, “the difference is amazing. I no longer have to pump the brakes. The new brakes are just brilliant.”

Source:Hindu

Now actually isnt this also supposed to be a recall??[;)]

Attachments

Ofcourse this is a recall, but i think Toyota doesnt want to upgrade brakes by the name of recall since it may erupt doubts in the minds of customers that even indian toyotas have problems which were found in cars in japan n other countries.

350Z

Core Team
I think this news is a bit dated now. There must be an issue in a specific lot and good Toyota doesn’t took matter lightly as being a responsible carmaker.

Toyota doesnt want to upgrade brakes by the name of recall since it may erupt doubts in the minds of customers that even indian toyotas have problems which were found in cars in japan n other countries.
Well said, That’s exactly the case.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nothing is affecting Fortuners sales in India.

Economictimes
Japanese auto giant Toyota said it has suspended bookings for its sports utility vehicle Fortuner till July in India in order to clear backlog of bookings.

"The average waiting period for the SUV Fortuner is around six months and we have closed bookings as we do not want our customers to wait. We will re-start bookings in June -July once we are able to clear the backlog," Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) Deputy Managing Director Sandeep Singh said.
Toyota suspends booking of Fortuner in India-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

350Z

Core Team
And surely it won't. Indian audience has warmly accepted the fortuner and results in term of long wait-list is in front of us. And as I said, The issue must be with a specific lot, So nothing special because other makers also sometimes recall cars of a specific lot, Remember Honda City ZX case?

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
It seems they have replaced complete front disc brakes, A Before and After Picture below;

Old Set
Fortuner-Old-Brake.png

New Set
Toyota-Fortuner-SUV-New-Brakes.png
Pic Courtesy: Autocar India

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom